NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Supercoach 2021

    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

    Posts : 1735
    Reputation : 627
    Join date : 2017-03-01

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Ozymandias Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:59 pm

    So what's the plan regarding trades in SC? Do we still get 3 starts before a player's price changes? If so I'm guessing the best thing is to sit on your hands and have a look first before jumping in?

    I have Lodge - I think I may be ditching him. I also have Angus but will be keeping him, for some skullduggery next week Wink
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 7708
    Reputation : 2619
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by WT2K Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:00 pm

    @Ozymandias wrote:So what's the plan regarding trades in SC? Do we still get 3 starts before a player's price changes? If so I'm guessing the best thing is to sit on your hands and have a look first before jumping in?

    I have Lodge - I think I may be ditching him. I also have Angus but will be keeping him, for some skullduggery next week Wink

    I could be wrong, I think it's after 2 rounds played that prices change.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 17452
    Reputation : 9418
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:02 pm


    Players prices change after 3 games

    So you get 2 free looks and then they'll being moving. Normally best to use 4 trades for the first 2 weeks, so you can dump any duds and pick up the better cows without losing cash/missing out on rises.

    Main thing is just working out difference between who will make cash long term and who just had a 1 off big week.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2473
    Reputation : 1056
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:07 am

    Such a wild system. I have a few duds worth dumping, but very few I can guarantee won't possibly turn it around this weekend (apart from Lodge).
    deathbywarriors
    deathbywarriors

    Posts : 112
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2017-03-08

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by deathbywarriors Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:08 am

    I usually like to sit on my trades after the first week to give any underperformers another chance e.g Averillo who was playing in torrential rain or Staines who should get over the line eventually in that backline. I have Lodge also but want another look at potential trade targets before deciding who to bring in.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

    Posts : 462
    Reputation : 248
    Join date : 2016-02-27

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Hannah2 Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:51 pm

    Does anyone else worry about making Teddy captain, when he isn't playing early. I have him and Pap, so Pap is my reserve, but if later in the round, Teddy pulls out, I'm stuffed. And there is no solution, eh? This weekend with the weather, makes it scary.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2473
    Reputation : 1056
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:56 pm

    The weather is definitely a worry, but I'm going with Teddy again. This weekends games are going to be played in swamps though.
    WT2K
    WT2K

    Posts : 7708
    Reputation : 2619
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Leichhardt Oval

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by WT2K Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:02 pm

    NC/Teddy. Was tempted by Munster, so he gets the VC.
    t43597
    t43597

    Posts : 278
    Reputation : 89
    Join date : 2019-01-29

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by t43597 Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:06 pm

    Bringing in Walker and Cook this round. Cook just in time for him to play Dogs, Broncos & then Tigers. Chasing points big time!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 2473
    Reputation : 1056
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:45 pm

    @t43597 wrote:Bringing in Walker and Cook this round. Cook just in time for him to play Dogs, Broncos & then Tigers. Chasing points big time!

    Interesting. Who are you punting for these two?
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

    Posts : 1735
    Reputation : 627
    Join date : 2017-03-01

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Ozymandias Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:03 pm

    Is it crazy trading Teddy out in order to get Schuster .... Hoy to FB, Schus to 5/8

    I'm thinking - Teddy has scored 162, 111 & 74 and gone up by $38k, his BE this week is 123.

    Schuster is set to make $80k this week (his 3rd game) so I can trade Teddy out and get him back later when he's cheaper .... he said .... I see the downside - Teddy gets another hat trick and keeps getting more expensive.

    (My other 5/8 is Munster, who I am keeping)
    t43597
    t43597

    Posts : 278
    Reputation : 89
    Join date : 2019-01-29

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by t43597 Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:22 pm

    @Teeth Eater wrote:

    Interesting. Who are you punting for these two?

    I should have clarified that Walker is the Rooster's debutant. I'm dropping Lam and Fogarty and using Watson's DPP to access Cook. Ideally i wouldve gone to Cody Walker over Cook but i am 25k short.
    t43597
    t43597

    Posts : 278
    Reputation : 89
    Join date : 2019-01-29

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by t43597 Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:26 pm

    @Ozymandias wrote:Is it crazy trading Teddy out in order to get Schuster .... Hoy to FB, Schus to 5/8

    I'm thinking - Teddy has scored 162, 111 & 74 and gone up by $38k, his BE this week is 123.

    Schuster is set to make $80k this week (his 3rd game) so I can trade Teddy out and get him back later when he's cheaper .... he said .... I see the downside - Teddy gets another hat trick and keeps getting more expensive.

    (My other 5/8 is Munster, who I am keeping)

    Yeah its pretty crazy. It could come off but id rather wait for another cash cow to come than trade the highest averaging player in the game for one. Admittedly, Schuster looks really good but i dont think he is worth the trouble you would go through to get him. That said, it'll be interesting to see if Teddy's scoring drops as a result of the injuries to their starting halves.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

    Posts : 462
    Reputation : 248
    Join date : 2016-02-27

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Hannah2 Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:29 pm

    @Ozymandias wrote:Is it crazy trading Teddy out in order to get Schuster .... Hoy to FB, Schus to 5/8

    I'm thinking - Teddy has scored 162, 111 & 74 and gone up by $38k, his BE this week is 123.

    Schuster is set to make $80k this week (his 3rd game) so I can trade Teddy out and get him back later when he's cheaper .... he said .... I see the downside - Teddy gets another hat trick and keeps getting more expensive.

    (My other 5/8 is Munster, who I am keeping)

    80K is a lot, I reckon he'd have to score over 100 for that. Will he?

    I'd be scared to trade Teddy at this stage because stuff happens and when I'd want him back, I'd probably not have the money, but I am hopeless with money, lol.
    Make sure you can get him back!

    I don't think I can get Schuster, I'm aiming for Haas this round. Not sure that's wise?
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

    Posts : 1735
    Reputation : 627
    Join date : 2017-03-01

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Ozymandias Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:53 am

    @Hannah2 wrote:

    80K is a lot, I reckon he'd have to score over 100 for that. Will he?

    I'd be scared to trade Teddy at this stage because stuff happens and when I'd want him back, I'd probably not have the money, but I am hopeless with money, lol.
    Make sure you can get him back!

    I don't think I can get Schuster, I'm aiming for Haas this round. Not sure that's wise?

    I'll wait and see with Haas, see how he goes for his first 2 games.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

    Posts : 462
    Reputation : 248
    Join date : 2016-02-27

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Hannah2 Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:02 pm

    I think I'm going to risk it, and get him this week. He should be keen, and do lots of work against Melbourne, shouldn't he?
    Plus I have the money set aside, and in 2 more weeks, I'll have spent it, lol
    t43597
    t43597

    Posts : 278
    Reputation : 89
    Join date : 2019-01-29

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by t43597 Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:15 pm

    @Hannah2 wrote:I think I'm going to risk it, and get him this week. He should be keen, and do lots of work against Melbourne, shouldn't he?
    Plus I have the money set aside, and in 2 more weeks, I'll have spent it, lol

    I think that could be a good move, getting him in before presumably everyone else jumps on. I don't think he will score any lower with a possible reduction in minutes andd it could even help him. While he is a POD it could be a great move to buy now.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 1896
    Reputation : 302
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Clack Bocks Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:05 pm

    Grabbed too on the back of NRL SuperCoach talk saying he had teddy like numbers. Not disappointed
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

    Posts : 462
    Reputation : 248
    Join date : 2016-02-27

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Hannah2 Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:02 pm

    @Clack Bocks wrote:Grabbed too on the back of NRL SuperCoach talk saying he had teddy like numbers. Not disappointed

    Good decision!

    I need to work on my CTW, but I want Grant if he plays next week. Not sure where all the money is coming from!
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

    Posts : 1735
    Reputation : 627
    Join date : 2017-03-01

    NRL Supercoach 2021 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Supercoach 2021

    Post by Ozymandias Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:03 am

    Well, after the high of captain Papy's 4-try explosion I came down to Earth with a bump as Fogarty ended up with a zero Mad

      Current date/time is Sat May 15, 2021 1:49 pm