NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by FalconSloth Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:39 pm

If Simpkin is on the bench round 1 is he a reasonable option to start considering he should find his way into a starting role pretty quickly
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:50 pm

I'm surprised by the lack of Turpin enthusiasm. Good little player, no Origin, plays Bye 1, part of the donk's future plans, only Paix on the bench and can play 80 mins - and you'd expect him to if Oates is the spare.

Priced at 40, average last two hooker years of 40 almost pure base. If they want him as a consistent 60+ minuter (or if the Broncs improve) then there's money there. And at 500k it isn't a huge risk.

Last edited by L-Jimmy on Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mixed up 2020 and 2019)
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:57 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Why not? Been said both Haas and Carrigans minutes will be dropped. Lodge has shown plenty in previous, if he gets 45/50 minutes will be great value

Haven't they adjusted the 6 again rules again meaning the speed of the game will be even faster. Will Lodge and LAM still be able to handle 45/50 mins like they did in the past?
    40 mins max I reckon.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:59 pm

FalconSloth wrote:If Simpkin is on the bench round 1 is he a reasonable option to start considering he should find his way into a starting role pretty quickly

Would you choose him over Liddle?
    Johnny Cash
    Johnny Cash

Post by Johnny Cash Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:59 pm

@Teeth Eater Riki is in camp with the Maori squad.
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:04 pm

St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has named a 24-man squad for the Dragons' second pre-season trial against the Parramatta Eels at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Thursday, February 18.

Andrew McCullough will don the Red V for the first time against the Eels, mere days after arriving at the club.

Cody Ramsey, Billy Brittain and Jack Bird will also be welcomed additions to the squad following the Dragons' 36-28 trial loss to the Sharks last week.

Eddie Blacker will also be available to play despite taking the early plea on a dangerous contact charge from last week's trial. He will miss the first three weeks of the regular season.

The trial will kick-off at 6pm. There will be no tickets available for this game, however you'll be able to watch on Kayo or NRL.com.

Dragons pre-season trial team to play Eels (alphabetically):

Daniel Alvaro, Junior Amone, Jack Bird, Eddie Blacker, Billy Brittain, Luke Chalker Josh Coric, Kaide Ellis, Mat Feagai, Max Feagai, Jackson Ford, Zeik Foster, Jaiyden Hunt, Hayden Lomax, Andrew McCullough, Sitiveni Moceidreke, Cody Ramsey, Charly Runciman, Shaun Sauni-Esau, Tariq Sims, Tyrell Sloan, Jayden Sullivan, Brayden Wiliame, Tyran Wishart.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/02/16/pre-season-trial-v-parramatta-eels/

No word from Parra yet about their team

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:27 pm

Had a crack at draft #1 of the year, surprised I lasted this long honestly. Went the non Cleary route to get a feel for things (630k in the bank right now so far from my final side) but liking the balance of team selection this year, last year was a fkn nigthmare especially

Macca
    Watson BMM LAM
    Crichton Fifita
    Munster Lam
    Avo Roberts
    Turbo Tedesco Moylan

Brailey Liddle Riki Davey
    Niu Blore Laurie Simonsson
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:34 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Think I'd rather the injury prone 300k hooker that's actually a hooker than the injury prone 300k hooker who's only pretending. I guess you could have both?

I think I am going to get on the Croker Stoker as my third HLF. Unfashionable YES. Value-laden UNDOUBTEDLY. Good defender and does not miss tackles. All he has to do is stay on the field and be a tackle-bot. He played all 20 games last season without injury.

It enables me to have all of Fa'asuamaleaui, Taukaieho, Twal, Matterson, Difita, Tuivasa-Sheck & Tedesco in the same team
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:37 pm

Johnny Cash wrote:@Teeth Eater Riki is in camp with the Maori squad.

Ah, thank you sir. I, was not aware of that.

But, I am seldom aware of stuff.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:46 pm

Any Warriors followers out there or any genuine fanatics want to tell me why CHT's stats in the back end of the year were much better than the first half. Was he playing with a different half?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:49 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Any Warriors followers out there or any genuine fanatics want to tell me why CHT's stats in the back end of the year were much better than the first half. Was he playing with a different half?

Moved to halfback when Green left Warriors and was playing with Nikorima

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:53 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Haha.

Des: josh, youre going to debut off the bench this week, congrats
    Schuster: if it aint 6 then i aint playin

“Fuck that coach id rather not play”

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:58 pm

I've seen CHT tossed around on here a bit this year, what's the appeal there?

Just looked into his stats at 7 last year for the first time, 3 scores over 50 out of 7 starts - 50 with 6 goals, 65 with 2 tries and 52 with 4 assists. All came together for an average of 43.6 and he's priced at 35.  He's a mad talented player and I love watching him but am I missing something for fantasy relevance?
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Lrkn wrote:I've seen CHT tossed around on here a bit this year, what's the appeal there?

Just looked into his stats at 7 last year for the first time, 3 scores over 50 out of 7 starts - 50 with 6 goals, 65 with 2 tries and 52 with 4 assists. All came together for an average of 43.6 and he's priced at 35.  He's a mad talented player and I love watching him but am I missing something for fantasy relevance?

You're not missing anything. Most people have him as a fringe option, because there is some value there, and he's young enough to have a lot of growth in him. Would need to jump to near 50 pts/game to do any damage, so I doubt many end up starting with him once the clear value becomes obvious on TLT.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:16 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:I'm surprised by the lack of Turpin enthusiasm. Good little player, no Origin, plays Bye 1, part of the donk's future plans, only Paix on the bench and can play 80 mins - and you'd expect him to if Oates is the spare.

Priced at 40, average last two hooker years of 40 almost pure base. If they want him as a consistent 60+ minuter (or if the Broncs improve) then there's money there. And at 500k it isn't a huge risk.

Story of my life - too many hookers.

I think he’s got some upside but not a slam dunk like the cheaper Watson/Liddle/Brailey, then you’ve got Cook and Grant as guns who might have a few more ppg in them, Macca might have value, Hodgson is potentially underpriced and slightly cheaper, some will pinch their noses and get Egan or Croker...
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:31 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Story of my life - too many hookers.

I think he’s got some upside but not a slam dunk like the cheaper Watson/Liddle/Brailey, then you’ve got Cook and Grant as guns who might have a few more ppg in them, Macca might have value, Hodgson is potentially underpriced and slightly cheaper, some will pinch their noses and get Egan or Croker...

Cheers. I'm also drafting in Watson/Liddle/Brailey/Macca - partly because I'm not persuaded that halves are the new hookers. And mostly because its hard to see secure roles in underpriced players elsewhere. Hodgson was tempting, but I'm not sure his defence is strong enough.

And Egan/Croker are bridges too far. They just aren't very good.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:42 pm

Someone on a Supercoach site reporting Blore is injured and out for 6-8 weeks. No source reveal or type of injury. We’ll see I guess.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:49 pm

whall15 wrote:St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has named a 24-man squad for the Dragons' second pre-season trial against the Parramatta Eels at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Thursday, February 18.

Andrew McCullough will don the Red V for the first time against the Eels, mere days after arriving at the club.

Cody Ramsey, Billy Brittain and Jack Bird will also be welcomed additions to the squad following the Dragons' 36-28 trial loss to the Sharks last week.

Eddie Blacker will also be available to play despite taking the early plea on a dangerous contact charge from last week's trial. He will miss the first three weeks of the regular season.

The trial will kick-off at 6pm. There will be no tickets available for this game, however you'll be able to watch on Kayo or NRL.com.

Dragons pre-season trial team to play Eels (alphabetically):

Daniel Alvaro, Junior Amone, Jack Bird, Eddie Blacker, Billy Brittain, Luke Chalker Josh Coric, Kaide Ellis, Mat Feagai, Max Feagai, Jackson Ford, Zeik Foster, Jaiyden Hunt, Hayden Lomax, Andrew McCullough, Sitiveni Moceidreke, Cody Ramsey, Charly Runciman, Shaun Sauni-Esau, Tariq Sims, Tyrell Sloan, Jayden Sullivan, Brayden Wiliame, Tyran Wishart.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/02/16/pre-season-trial-v-parramatta-eels/

No word from Parra yet about their team

I’m gonna watch this trial.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:06 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Cheers. I'm also drafting in Watson/Liddle/Brailey/Macca - partly because I'm not persuaded that halves are the new hookers. And mostly because its hard to see secure roles in underpriced players elsewhere. Hodgson was tempting, but I'm not sure his defence is strong enough.

And Egan/Croker are bridges too far. They just aren't very good.

Currently on the same 4, Hodgson/Turpin tempting but a bit too midrange, not really keen on Egan or Croker.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:23 pm

castlecrag sweethearts wrote:

I think I am going to get on the Croker Stoker as my third HLF. Unfashionable YES. Value-laden UNDOUBTEDLY. Good defender and does not miss tackles. All he has to do is stay on the field and be a tackle-bot. He played all 20 games last season without injury.

It enables me to have all of Fa'asuamaleaui, Taukaieho, Twal, Matterson, Difita, Tuivasa-Sheck & Tedesco in the same team
    He also has a big kick, he’s done a lot of work on his defence and kicking game in recent years.
    Good luck, too much value in both hooker and half for me to go there.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:59 am