NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:53 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Back on topic, I'm looking to play a cheapie 3rd WFB

Laurie/Moylan/Tesi Niu/someone else who turns up.

If I get Hopoate as one of my CTRs (and am definitely considering him), he has DPP so could go to 3rd WFB if I have 2 other playable CTRs

That is my exact plan also.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 4 - Praying that nobody gets hurt

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:54 am

Mulvy wrote:

That is my exact plan also.

Likewise. I'd have no problem throwing Simonsson at 3rd wfb tbh.

ripped as bro:

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:55 am

WT2K wrote:

Another one for the preseason fkwit team

Elliot has managed to bookend the fkwit team. Remember the naked carousing at the end of season Mad Monday a couple of seasons ago. What a guy.
    Elliot's favourite song is " Tell me why I don't like Mondays "

Last edited by Trajan on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:06 am

my tv broke wrote:

Funny/awkward story for me re Lost Prophets. I am thanked (I built/ran a punk/hardcore/metal website back in the early 2000's) in the liner notes of the first album... by the singer.

Never actually met the dude. Did have a chat with some of the other members at big day out, many many years ago though.

Couldn't listen to them again after all that shit came out though. tbh i forgot the band existed.

That was a tough one for me. I'm the same, haven't listened to their music since. Purged all their music from my libraries.
    Feel sorry for the rest of the band but mostly for the victims.
    Can't believe how disgusting some people can be.

Cheering on players you think are scumbags for DV/cheating/assaults etc in the NRL is a hard pill to swallow sometimes and thankfully Blake Ferguson hasn't been fantasy relevant for a while because he's still #1 who should never have been allowed back into the code for me. Bloke was found guilty of sexual assault and never said he was sorry or showed any remorse then went out of his way to make a media circus of his return.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:39 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:From that Cowboys video

Started with:
    Drinkwater fullback

Left edge of
    Holmes, Hammer, Clifford, Hess

Right edge of
    Hola, Morgan, O’Neill, Feldt

Molo, McLean, Lolo core with Robson hooker

That left edge makes Holmes look tempting
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:40 am

Cheering on players you think are scumbags for DV/cheating/assaults etc in the NRL is a hard pill to swallow sometimes and thankfully Blake Ferguson hasn't been fantasy relevant for a while because he's still #1 who should never have been allowed back into the code for me. Bloke was found guilty of sexual assault and never said he was sorry or showed any remorse then went out of his way to make a media circus of his return. [/quote]
    I know it’s a totally different offence category, but I have the same reasoning over Shane Flanagan and his role in the peptides saga.
    The bloke has never admitted his guilt, bar a thinly veiled apology because he knew without it he’d never be allowed to coach again.
    Now the NRL are going to allow him back in charge of the Sharks.
    I’m all for the feeling that everyone deserves a second chance and everyone makes mistakes, but not until you own what you did.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:43 am

Moanaman wrote:

That left edge makes Holmes look tempting

Not in defence??? Clifford, Hammer and Hess defending on the same edge???

Where is Marsters but... very strange O'Neill gets the nod.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:57 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Not in defence??? Clifford, Hammer and Hess defending on the same edge???

Where is Marsters but... very strange O'Neill gets the nod.

Payten did say recently he had four players vying for the two centre spots, and that theyd get equal share of time in the main trial.

Opposed session lineup can give hints but not necessarily any certainties there.

The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:59 am

I'm thinking of playing silly buggers with my Wags team - including at least ONE player from every team in the scoring 17, and only allowing 2 max players from any one team. #thatsmyteam restrictions.
    I'm open to suggestions for the one player from each team I should target.
    Obviously, Cleary for Panthers, or go with Yeo and play C roulette?
    DFifi for Titans (or do we run Tino??)
    Grant, Pappy or Munster from the Storm?
    Ponga, Watson, JBrailey for the Knights?
    DCE, Davey, Turbo or someone else at Manly?
    Bird, Macca, Ford for Dragons?
    Cook, ARey, Koala for the Bunnies
    Haas should be a lock for Donkeys, but a cheap Milf, or Oates on the Edge, Riki, Isaako or Niu??
    Teddy, Lam, Angus for Roosters
    Lolo, Gilbert, Hola, Val, Robinson at the Cows?
    BMM, LAM, Tohu, Egan, CHT, RTS, Blore from the Warriors
    Who do I pick from the Dogs?
    Raiders? Big Pappa, Curtis, Hodgson, Simonsson?
    Brooks, Twal, Laurie, Roberts, Liddle at the Tigers?
    Eels - Brown, Matters, DBrown??
    Finally, who do I pick at the Sharks? Moylan? S-J? Rudolf? AFifi (coconut move) lol!

Don't be shy, which left of field selection can I make to build a team that follows the rules?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:08 am

Revraiser wrote:I haven't even thought about, let alone put together a team as yet.
    Advantage or disadvantage ?

I think its good to be thinking about your team at the moment, which players might be useful, and which you probably want to avoid. Even if you aren't actually logging into the site every 5 minutes to put in/remove a player because they were mentioned in a pre-season fluff article.

I think if you come in blind the week before the comp starts and start asking questions to yourself like "who is this Shawn Blore guy" and "I wonder what Lachlan Lam will score like this year" then you might be a it behind the 8-ball
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:12 am

Milchcow wrote:

I think its good to be thinking about your team at the moment, which players might be useful, and which you probably want to avoid. Even if you aren't actually logging into the site every 5 minutes to put in/remove a player because they were mentioned in a pre-season fluff article.

I think if you come in blind the week before the comp starts and start asking questions to yourself like "who is this Shawn Blore guy" and "I wonder what Lachlan Lam will score like this year" then you might be a it behind the 8-ball
    Yeah first TLT is definitely too late, information overload!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 am

my tv broke wrote:

Payten did say recently he had four players vying for the two centre spots, and that theyd get equal share of time in the main trial.

Opposed session lineup can give hints but not necessarily any certainties there.

I'm confused - is Holmes at CTR? Or Hammer?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:18 am

The Bludger wrote:I'm thinking of playing silly buggers with my Wags team - including at least ONE player from every team in the scoring 17, and only allowing 2 max players from any one team. #thatsmyteam restrictions.
    Haas should be a lock for Donkeys, but a cheap Milf, or Oates on the Edge, Riki, Isaako or Niu??
    Finally, who do I pick at the Sharks? Moylan? S-J? Rudolf? AFifi (coconut move)  lol!

Don't be shy, which left of field selection can I make to build a team that follows the rules?

I actually really like this idea for my WAGs side... might follow you
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:25 am

The Bludger wrote:I'm thinking of playing silly buggers with my Wags team - including at least ONE player from every team in the scoring 17, and only allowing 2 max players from any one team. #thatsmyteam restrictions.
    Finally, who do I pick at the Sharks? Moylan? S-J? Rudolf? AFifi (coconut move)  lol!

Interesting exercise. A bit hard to answer without plugging in a team to see if its cap compliant. For that reason I would start bottom up, with the must have cows

Knights - Watson and JBrailey
    Sea Eagles - Turbo
    Broncos - whoever gets it between Oates and Riki
    Tigers - Liddle
    Raiders - Simonsson
    Sharks - terrible fantasy team at this stage, stash Moylan 18-21

I'd just lock in Cleary (c) as Panthers as well, since nobody else with a history of 70+ ppw is playing R1

The rest is trickier - Fifita/Tino at Titans, due to lack of other options. Also same position and similar price makes that easy.

You could maybe pair the Dragons/Bulldogs - either Bird and Waddell, or Hoppa and Ford. Similar positions/prices.

The rest I have no idea.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 am

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/16/walker-keeping-heat-on-lam-at-roosters/

Chances Roosters lose a couple and Lam gets dropped?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 am

If Blore and Hola both win edge starting spots will they be better scorers than a high ppm middle like Leniu? Could be another Lawrie vs Host debate?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:32 am

robelgordo wrote:

I'm confused - is Holmes at CTR? Or Hammer?

Holmes wing, htf centre, but they appeared to move around a bit.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:35 am

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/15/schuster-respects-foran-but-wont-take-backward-step-in-pivotal-battle/

Not sure how to read this? Sounds like it is still a very very tight race for the #6 jersey... DCE staying quiet

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:35 am

Trajan wrote:

Elliot has managed to bookend the fkwit team. Remember the naked carousing at the end of season Mad Monday a couple of seasons ago. What a guy.
    Elliot's favourite song is " Tell me why I don't like Mondays "

Update to filths offseason team.

1. Sailor
    3. Walker
    4. Naden
    5. Kapaoa
    6. Norman
    7. Pearce
    8. Haas
    9. Starling
    10. Musgrove
    11. CHN
    12. Hopoate
    13. Elliott (C)

14. Segeyaro
    15. Horsburgh
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:37 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/02/16/walker-keeping-heat-on-lam-at-roosters/

Chances Roosters lose a couple and Lam gets dropped?
    Always been the case

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:58 am