NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 3 - Closer

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 3 - Closer - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 3 - Closer

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Is he going to get 60mins though??.... I don’t think he will.

As my post states even in games he averages 50-60 Minutes (53 minutes) his average is 51.3. But also why wouldn't he? Who will replace him... Ese'Ese? - Past his best. Had a couple good years. Most likely seen in the FRF rotations. Peachey? - Could find himself in the centres. Won't be taking too many minutes off the current QLD lock.

EDIT: Look at the team make up

8. MoFo (big minutes)
    9. Rein/Smith
    10. JWal
    11. DFifi (60?)
    12. Proctor (80)
    13. Tino
    14. Peachey
    15. Easy E
    16. Joliffe
    17. Whitbred/McIntyre/Lisone/Stone/Fermor

Cover for Rein and the backs in Peachey
    Easy E who will probably spell Tino or the forwards
    Joliffe who will spell JWal
    And then either a second rower or mid/edg on the bench…

Just can’t see why tino won’t get 55+ minutes a game. Unless coach for some reason plays Peachey for 30+ minutes at lock…
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 3 - Closer - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 3 - Closer

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:58 pm

Well peachey did play 50+ mins at lock for the second half of 2020. Seemed to find his home there, i reckon he plays that same role off the bench again this year.

Will be interesting to see if titans carry a utility (ie Boyd) or go four forwards on bench.

Fwiw i dont think Tinos mins are the clincher, just whether you think he continues to pick up big scores from attacking plays. Assuming he plays around 50 ish tho.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:02 pm

my tv broke wrote:Well peachey did play 50+ mins at lock for the second half of 2020. Seemed to find his home there, i reckon he plays that same role off the bench again this year.

Will be interesting to see if titans carry a utility (ie Boyd) or go four forwards on bench.

Fwiw i dont think Tinos mins are the clincher, just whether you think he continues to pick up big scores from attacking plays. Assuming he plays around 50 ish tho.
    Peachey is their utility, spent quite a bit of time at hooker, can play middle, edge or in the backs.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:06 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

As my post states even in games he averages 50-60 Minutes (53 minutes) his average is 51.3. But also why wouldn't he? Who will replace him... Ese'Ese? - Past his best. Had a couple good years. Most likely seen in the FRF rotations. Peachey? - Could find himself in the centres. Won't be taking too many minutes off the current QLD lock.

EDIT: Look at the team make up

8. MoFo (big minutes)
    9. Rein/Smith
    10. JWal
    11. DFifi (60?)
    12. Proctor (80)
    13. Tino
    14. Peachey
    15. Easy E
    16. Joliffe
    17. Whitbred/McIntyre/Lisone/Stone/Fermor

Cover for Rein and the backs in Peachey
    Easy E who will probably spell Tino or the forwards
    Joliffe who will spell JWal
    And then either a second rower or mid/edg on the bench…

Just can’t see why tino won’t get 55+ minutes a game. Unless coach for some reason plays Peachey for 30+ minutes at lock…
    I doubt they’ll be resting Fifita and using a sub on him which means there’s an extra sub for HOK (if no Smith) or middle
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:07 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Peachey is their utility, spent quite a bit of time at hooker, can play middle, edge or in the backs.

Was more referring to whether theyd play Boyd as the backup hooker as they did last year, or just run with rein for 80 mins and a four forward bench (obvs peachey would cover other positions if there was a mid game injury)

Edit as camo said, proctor and fifita would typically play 80, if rein did too then theyd have the 8 interchanges to use on the three middles.

Sort of think that Boyd will be on the bench too

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:08 pm

thelastdodo wrote:

Is there a certain position that a cash cow will generate cash quicker than other positions, eg working

forwards or flashy backs?

Hi dodo

If a cash cow is cheap because of injury in the previous season then position is irrelevant, and just get the best player.

For genuine rookies, its generally better to avoid forwards. Forwards are generally eased into the competition through small bench appearances, gradually extending their playing time as they get experience. Guys like Payne Haas who basically go straight into big minute roles from the start are the exception, not the norm.

Rookie backs will at least play 80 minutes every week from when they start in first grade, so in that sense they are generally better fantasy prospects. The downside here being that wingers and centres don't often score very well at the best of times.

Rookie halves are generally the most secure. Don't need a lot of first grade experience to kick a ball and make a few tackles, so they can get good base stats from the start, and any actual talent for accruing fantasy points is a bonus
    Issue this year is that most of the "rookie" halves played a bit last year so are coming in at a decent chunk above base price (Lachlan Lam a prime example)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:13 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Hi dodo

If a cash cow is cheap because of injury in the previous season then position is irrelevant, and just get the best player.

For genuine rookies, its generally better to avoid forwards. Forwards are generally eased into the competition through small bench appearances, gradually extending their playing time as they get experience. Guys like Payne Haas who basically go straight into big minute roles from the start are the exception, not the norm.

Rookie backs will at least play 80 minutes every week from when they start in first grade, so in that sense they are generally better fantasy prospects. The downside here being that wingers and centres don't often score very well at the best of times.

Rookie halves are generally the most secure. Don't need a lot of first grade experience to kick a ball and make a few tackles, so they can get good base stats from the start, and any actual talent for accruing fantasy points is a bonus
    Issue this year is that most of the "rookie" halves played a bit last year so are coming in at a decent chunk above base price (Lachlan Lam a prime example)
    Even Haas played minimal minutes off the bench in his first season.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:16 pm

As mentioned, I don't think 50 mins or 60 makes too much difference for Tino. He's scored over 50 six times so far, five of those required at least 1 try, the other is the only time he's played 80 minutes.

His highest scores without tries are 47 in 56 mins in Origin 3, and 46 in 69 mins starting on the edge.

Based off what we've seen, he needs attacking stats to go big, similar to DiFi.

The good news is he's clearly capable of getting big attacking stats. But it's a gamble whether he can get enough to be worthwhile priced at 43.

I think he ends up averaging in the 50-52 range thanks to a few monster scores + consistent 40s, so not quite worth it for mine, but could easily be proven wrong.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:35 pm

Arrow averaged 56 minutes last season as starting lock. Would be the most reasonable starting point for assumptions on the minutes Tino gets. Typically played lock to start, then moved to prop.

As starting lock, Tino averaged 54 minutes and averaged 46 points, so maybe 5 points under-priced.

Last edited by mattnz on Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:44 pm

Obviously the coach probably sees different but I don’t think Peachey should be in the team at all. To me he is just a massive ball hog and thinks more for himself rather than the team… I don’t know how you guys think but this is just my view from watching him. Seems like he’s the type of guy who thinks he is better than everyone else and whenever he has the ball in his hand he HAS to score a try. Just IMO.
    thelastdodo
    thelastdodo

Post by thelastdodo Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:55 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Hi dodo

Awesome thanks Milchcow & mattnz

Last edited by thelastdodo on Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Laurie has been added to the system.
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:06 pm

Story in DT that Matt Burton’s agent asked for him to be released to Doggies

Probably would mean Averillo gets shifted
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:10 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Obviously the coach probably sees different but I don’t think Peachey should be in the team at all. To me he is just a massive ball hog and thinks more for himself rather than the team… I don’t know how you guys think but this is just my view from watching him. Seems like he’s the type of guy who thinks he is better than everyone else and whenever he has the ball in his hand he HAS to score a try. Just IMO.
    Agree mate not sure how many teams he would make, load of talent but thinks he can win the game every time he gets the ball.
    Chris nz

Post by Chris nz Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:15 pm

If Matt burton does get released in time for this season that is another solid shake up he has the potential to put out a season similar to harry grant last year imo he is a very talented young fella and I have a sneaky suspicion that him and flanagan will form a great combination rather quickly given there play styles and they are both very young
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:25 pm

Chris nz wrote:If Matt burton does get released in time for this season that is another solid shake up he has the potential to put out a season similar to harry grant last year imo he is a very talented young fella and I have a sneaky suspicion that him and flanagan will form a great combination rather quickly given there play styles and they are both very young
    He is another mid-range half at $449k. Has certainly proven himself though, with a PPM of 0.79 last season.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:30 pm

mattnz wrote:
    He is another mid-range half at $449k. Has certainly proven himself though, with a PPM of 0.79 last season.
    Halve ppm are pretty useless especially when moving to another team. Usually tied into how much general play kicking they do. If Lewis is starting for the Dogs then Burton becomes much less desirable.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:32 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:Story in DT that Matt Burton’s agent asked for him to be released to Doggies

Probably would mean Averillo gets shifted

Assume panthers would be happy to let him go if they can secure a back up half.. hard to force a guy to stay and play ressies for a year when an opportunity to play nrl exists at another club (and already has a deal for 2022+) Id say a deal willbe done soon.

Edit didnt realise they signed Salmon, also have May too i guess. Maybe just want to fill the spot that Burton leaves with someone decent
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:39 pm

On Peachey I agree 100% re the discussion above but he has the X factor, he makes things happen & gets the attack going when things aren't happening. Also while he's being a ball hog it gives the forwards a little bit of a rest even if it's only 5-10 seconds.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:40 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Obviously the coach probably sees different but I don’t think Peachey should be in the team at all. To me he is just a massive ball hog and thinks more for himself rather than the team… I don’t know how you guys think but this is just my view from watching him. Seems like he’s the type of guy who thinks he is better than everyone else and whenever he has the ball in his hand he HAS to score a try. Just IMO.

Agreed, also a massive discipline liability most of his ‘tackles’ are high and he sure knows how to give away dumb penalties

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 9:22 pm