NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in. - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in.

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:06 pm

mattnz wrote:
    He's going to end up like Carty, tempting every year

Even though one of my lessons learned was not taking players with a role that changes week to week...
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in. - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in.

Post by Chewie Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 pm

Looking back on a successful nrlfantasy campaign for me this season I wanted to give credit where credit is due. A crucial part of the success is in the data, data that is provided by the collective minds here on the forum. Thank you all for your input this season! I couldn't have done as well as I did without you. Special thanks to MTB for the footystatistics site, I think I spend more on time there than on nrl.com. Thanks to MS for helping to keep me grounded with solid advise when I'm tempted to make a silly decision. Thanks to Milch for those BEs. Thanks to Pacey for those team lists. Thanks to Random for the input on the assistant coach (and running the forum). Thanks to LB for the banners. Thanks B/L for survivor. Thanks to No Worries for the eliminator. Thanks to all the regulars on here and all the newbies. Thanks to stormtrooper for letting me win League 6 Razz
    Keep up the good works lads!

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in. - Page 43 Giphy
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:14 pm

Why don't they do match day fantasy anymore?

They just get lazier every year.
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:58 am

Thanks for another great season lads.

Upon reflecting on my overall ranks the last few years I'm on a very consistent decline.

2018 - 78th
    2019 - drop 21 places to finish 99th
    2020 - drop 21 places to finish 120th

Looking forward to finishing 141st next year bounce
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:35 am

Chewie wrote:Looking back on a successful nrlfantasy campaign for me this season I wanted to give credit where credit is due. A crucial part of the success is in the data, data that is provided by the collective minds here on the forum. Thank you all for your input this season! I couldn't have done as well as I did without you. Special thanks to MTB for the footystatistics site, I think I spend more on time there than on nrl.com. Thanks to MS for helping to keep me grounded with solid advise when I'm tempted to make a silly decision. Thanks to Milch for those BEs. Thanks to Pacey for those team lists. Thanks to Random for the input on the assistant coach (and running the forum). Thanks to LB for the banners. Thanks B/L for survivor. Thanks to No Worries for the eliminator. Thanks to all the regulars on here and all the newbies. Thanks to stormtrooper for letting me win League 6 Razz
    Keep up the good works lads!

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in. - Page 43 Giphy

Two weeks ago I would've had you. Injuries god dammit!
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:22 am

wolfking wrote:Fantasy really need to add a preious year history record.  There's a few years in there where I just was worried about beating work mates that I couldn't even recall my ranking.  Foolishly I never took note.  A history in the site/app would be benficial.

Yeah this would be handy. Imagine if they added everyones final rank say over the last 5 years, and released the top 100 coaches. Would be interesting to see. Im sure mtb would be up there
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:45 am

Paasi is leaving Warriors to go to St Helens next season, not surprising with their forwards depth with new signings.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:30 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Yeah this would be handy. Imagine if they added everyones final rank say over the last 5 years, and released the top 100 coaches. Would be interesting to see. Im sure mtb would be up there

EPL has everyone’s historical fantasy ranks for however many years they’ve played. You’d think they’d be able to do it, at least since it’s been Fanhub.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:35 am

Honey Badger wrote:

That's a great idea.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:43 am

My biggest stuff up trade in was Magoulias.

3 guys I regret missing out on Lomax, Starling and Fog.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Logins and team picker nearly ready for finals week 1 (just trying to iron some things out eg so you can't change captain after lockout) Beer
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:26 pm

my tv broke wrote:Logins and team picker nearly ready for finals week 1 (just trying to iron some things out eg so you can't change captain after lockout) Beer

Beating Heart Beating Heart Beating Heart
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:Logins and team picker nearly ready for finals week 1 (just trying to iron some things out eg so you can't change captain after lockout) Beer

MTB = GOD
    panthercraig
    panthercraig

Post by panthercraig Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:53 pm

Wrapped up my best season ever coming in at 11th overall, and first in the panthers league. First prize in the Panther League is 250$ NRL Voucher and i can advise they have just contacted me and will send this out in Nov.

It was a great tussle with the stats Guru @my tv broke in the overall fantasy league who i was lucky to just pip at the post, thanks to Tom Starling rd 20 for your century.

I used the guns and rookies strategy to pick my initial team, jagged a couple of good centres, Captained Haas, got Teddy and Ponga early which worked well.

I had a few regrets - no Lucy, Horse or Mann to start the year, though overall luck was on my side and i was not to badly affected by injuries.

Many thanks to MTB, Milchcow, Paceys Best, no worries and all the contributors to the forum

Look forward to NRL Fantasy 2021 and a whole new set of decisions to make.

Last edited by panthercraig on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:07 pm

panthercraig wrote:Wrapped up my best season ever coming in at 11th overall, and first in the panthers league. First prize in the Panther League is 250$ NRL Voucher and i can advise they have just contacted me and will send this out in Nov.

It was a great tussle with the stats Guru @my tv broke in the overall fantasy league who i was lucky to just pip at the post, thanks to Tom Starling rd 20 for your century.

I used the guns and rookies strategy to pick my initial team, jagged a couple of good centres, Captained Haas, got Teddy and Ponga early which worked well.

I had a few regrets - no Lucy, Horse or Mann to start the year, though overall luck was on my side and i was not to badly affected by injuries.

Many thanks to MTB, Milchcow, Praceys Best, no worries and all the contributors to the forum

Congrats on 1st in the fanatics group

Bit crap for 1st in the club league that they've massively cut the amount of the voucher. For 2019 it was $390
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Results for the Ladder Predictor competition are up.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1137p60-2020-ladder-predictor#456953
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:33 pm

panthercraig wrote:Wrapped up my best season ever coming in at 11th overall, and first in the panthers league. First prize in the Panther League is 250$ NRL Voucher and i can advise they have just contacted me and will send this out in Nov.

Many thanks to MTB, Milchcow, Praceys Best, no worries and all the contributors to the forum

Well done mate!!!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:49 pm

Awesome bro well done
    Talfal
    Talfal

Post by Talfal Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:52 pm

Finished the year with the final ranking of 59th! (4th in Dragons, 2nd in Victoria, and 5th in Fanatics Overall) A hell of a year considering its my 2nd year and i have all of you guys (and girls) to thank for it, picking an choosing through all the information on here has been great! (also OTL podcast was good to listen to each week) So thank you all for the help whether you meant to help or not! Looking forward to next year of Fantasy already, which is funny because we still have Finals and SOO to come, before we know it it will be 2021 and starting it all over again!
    I did write up alittle thankyou to specific people in my team thread, But thought id leave a thankyou here for everyone to see. so THANK YOU ! Beating Heart

Lessons learned:
    Save trades where you can.
    Give players more then just the 1 week to prove themselves.
    Have fun, its a game Razz
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:57 pm

Talfal wrote:Finished the year with the final ranking of 59th! (4th in Dragons, 2nd in Victoria, and 5th in Fanatics Overall) A hell of a year considering its my 2nd year and i have all of you guys (and girls) to thank for it, picking an choosing through all the information on here has been great! (also OTL podcast was good to listen to each week) So thank you all for the help whether you meant to help or not! Looking forward to next year of Fantasy already, which is funny because we still have Finals and SOO to come, before we know it it will be 2021 and starting it all over again!
    I did write up alittle thankyou to specific people in my team thread, But thought id leave a thankyou here for everyone to see. so THANK YOU ! Beating Heart

Lessons learned:
    Save trades where you can.
    Give players more then just the 1 week to prove themselves.
    Have fun, its a game Razz

That is fantastic for your 2nd year so well done bro & that's excellent advice. Now you know the blue print for your success you could do better next year.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:19 pm