NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in.

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in. - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in.

Post by robelgordo Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:35 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Panthers vs Roosters
    Raiders vs Sharks
    Rabbitohs vs Knights
    Storm vs Eels

Roosters vs Raiders
    Eels vs Rabbitohs

Panthers vs Rabbitohs
    Storm vs Roosters

Storm 20 vs Panthers 8

It would just be too funny if the Sharks - the most average team ever at 10-10, zero points diff., and zero wins against teams above them - won an elimination semi against an actual good team. So I’m backing the Sharks and will work out my other tips later.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in. - Page 42 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 87 - Kotoni Staggs is now a half so he'll move a few feet in.

Post by FaringdonSwirl Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:45 pm

A lot of advice going around the place. Don't have much to offer fantasy wise, but I reckon the best thing I did all year was block people if they get on your nerves on the forum.

Life's too short to get mad at strangers on the internet!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:53 pm

wolfking wrote:Fantasy really need to add a preious year history record.  There's a few years in there where I just was worried about beating work mates that I couldn't even recall my ranking.  Foolishly I never took note.  A history in the site/app would be benficial.

I was wondering if they have this stored somewhere and would be willing to hand over that data. Just overall list for the last few years of team names and rank + points would be handy to have.

So before everyone disappears for finals, I am trying to put together a finals via the footystatistics.com website.

Making it a simple registration and submit your team via the site so its all easily tracked, hopefully I can get it together in the next couple of days.

There will be some form of CASH PRIZES involved for forum members (no entry fee)

I was just thinking to base it over the 4 weeks of the finals, i'm not sure how best to set the squads, i was just thinking a starting 13 for each week (no reserves or emgs), possibly a cap ? maybe 1 emg player per team because i'm not sure i'll be able to handle rolling lockouts haha.. and then just choose a new squad each round of the finals.. maybe grand final squad could be cut to 9 players or something..
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:59 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I was wondering if they have this stored somewhere and would be willing to hand over that data. Just overall list for the last few years of team names and rank + points would be handy to have.

So before everyone disappears for finals, I am trying to put together a finals via the footystatistics.com website.

Making it a simple registration and submit your team via the site so its all easily tracked, hopefully I can get it together in the next couple of days.

There will be some form of CASH PRIZES involved for forum members (no entry fee)

I was just thinking to base it over the 4 weeks of the finals, i'm not sure how best to set the squads, i was just thinking a starting 13 for each week (no reserves or emgs), possibly a cap ? maybe 1 emg player per team because i'm not sure i'll be able to handle rolling lockouts haha.. and then just choose a new squad each round of the finals.. maybe grand final squad could be cut to 9 players or something..

13 plus one EMG with a salary cap sounds good. Keep it fairly simple. Could have a captain or not.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:00 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Milchcow ran finals fantasy last year. I think it was 8 players (1 HOK, 1 FRF, 2 2RF, 1 HLF, 1 CTR, 2 WFB) for 5m salary but would have to check old thread
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:00 pm

my tv broke wrote:

This sounds excellent mate, happy to help out if required.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:02 pm

my tv broke wrote:

With prices not changing over the finals, you could do something like a max of 2/3 players from a single team for the first week
    Max of 4/5 players from a single team in the second and third week and just a free for all for the final?

Otherwise you could do the regular origin fantasy style of one player from each position (team of six), captain gets triple, VC gets double
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:09 pm

wolfking wrote:Fantasy really need to add a preious year history record.  There's a few years in there where I just was worried about beating work mates that I couldn't even recall my ranking.  Foolishly I never took note.  A history in the site/app would be benficial.

This used to be a feature a few years back

Not sure why they got rid of it
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:40 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

This used to be a feature a few years back

Not sure why they got rid of it

Would be interested as MTB said if they had the history data stored somewhere.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:44 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Sounds brilliant. I don't mind the starting 13 with a cap and an AE. New team each round sounds legit. Even a starting 13 could work for the final. You could add VC's for double and C's for triple like the old days too to make it interesting.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:49 pm

wolfking wrote:

40 hours!?  I hope watching the games is included in this.  I guess if you count chatter on here, I'm more than guilty too!

This is also one thing I did less of, looking at my team.  It might not seem like it, but early on I did my best not to let doubt creep in and go with the gut and not entertain other ideas.  Again late season was harder but spending less time and going more with initial thoughts seemed to work out better this year.

Was another failed attempt at getting a laugh...
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:54 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Was another failed attempt at getting a laugh...

Ahh.....er........you're on fire mate! Embarassed
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:35 pm

Here's last years finals fantasy

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1103-finals-fantasy-week-1

8 players, $5mil cap is how I did it last year. I think 6-10 players, work out a cap that is tight enough to force some hard choices and so that there is a bit of variety in the teams
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Another potential option for finals fantasy is to steal Draftstars pricing and team makeup. Their scoring is pretty close to fantasy scoring, so prices will be good.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Sounds like I just got all toey and creamed in my pants... Yes Please
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:15 pm

I am setting it up to be a cumulative comp over four weeks of finals but players wont carry over from one week to the next, youll just pick a new squad for week 2, etc. Will have captain/vice captain. Dont know that ill have time to factor in an EMG. Prices just based on hpw they finished the year, no changes over the four weeks

Ill have a working rego/login and team selection up tomorrow ..

First week will be a squad of 13 in normal team format, ie just no reserves/emgs. I think 13 is good for 4 games.. need to figure out a suitable cap for week 1
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:30 pm

my tv broke wrote:I am setting it up to be a cumulative comp over four weeks of finals but players wont carry over from one week to the next, youll just pick a new squad for week 2, etc. Will have captain/vice captain. Dont know that ill have time to factor in an EMG. Prices just based on hpw they finished the year, no changes over the four weeks

Ill have a working rego/login and team selection up tomorrow ..

First week will be a squad of 13 in normal team format, ie just no reserves/emgs. I think 13 is good for 4 games.. need to figure out a suitable cap for week 1

Whatever you do mate, we'll all be happy with and just very grateful we can still play and have some fun.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:35 pm

My final ranking ended up at 1525 - pretty disappointed ultimately, but made enough good calls to create opportunities to do better, and enough bad calls to not actually do better.

A few of my takeaways;
    - Not starting with Haas was a reasonable gamble. Ultimately it didn't pay off (no reduced minutes games, and plenty of 80 minute games ensured starting with him was the right call).
    However, the 4 Captains I used for the 12 rounds that I didn't own Haas, collectively averaging 71.1 (including the one-off 50pts for Tedesco v Titans on a dry track). Haas over that time averaged 70.8, so no major damage done. There is still the problem of timing the extra trade down the line to bring him in, that Haas starters wouldn't have had (plus he ended up missing 3 of those final 8 games that I owned him). Potentially the right idea, but the wrong timing.

- I typically go with my own instinct/research over other opinions. This year I went more with popular opinion and ended with a much worse rank than the previous few years. The thought process wasn't wrong, I genuinely think the best result is a nice balance inbetween - that comes from understanding where you're assessments are strong (trust your gut) and where you are historically more inclined to make a bad call (trust a crowd/other opinions over your gut).

- I also looked to be a bit more patient with midseason cash cows (waiting a week or two to decide).
    It's a nice concept, but potentially flawed. As a tactic across the season, you may have 10 midseason cow(ish) selections that you wait a week or so for (not including those you may let pass), if you miss on average $30-$50K waiting to bring them in (while they are still at a good under-$300K price) that opportunity value adds up.
    e.g. I didn't trust Niu's job security for example, and finally bit the bullet following his breakout 52 point game at Fullback. The following week he scored 11 and was out for the remainder. Sure that affected all owners, but most of them atleast took the extra $50K profit and points. I did a similar thing with Paix and others.
    Again, I think it's a balance of Job Security + likelihood of role success => jump on early vs strong-questions over role/JS => wait-and-see approach and look for fundamental changes in that assessment.

It's been an entertaining year, and I think the NRL has done incredible to get through 20 rounds in the way they have. I'm already feeling pretty excited about 2021, so plan to work through some strategies and process guidelines over the next few days to improve my decision-making come next year (while it's still fresh). Well done to everyone who ranked high or set a new PB, and to everyone who contributed here.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:39 pm

Benji Marshall, Chris Lawrence, Dylan Smith, Elijah Taylor, Harry Grant, Matt Eisenhuth, Robert Jennings and Oliver Clark will officially leave the club at the end of the 2020 season.

Might put Twal back into consideration as a gun prop
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:46 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Benji Marshall, Chris Lawrence, Dylan Smith, Elijah Taylor, Harry Grant, Matt Eisenhuth, Robert Jennings and Oliver Clark will officially leave the club at the end of the 2020 season.

Might put Twal back into consideration as a gun prop
    He's going to end up like Carty, tempting every year

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm