NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 85 - Who's being rested

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 85 -  Who's being rested - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 85 - Who's being rested

Post by Milchcow Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 pm

jackorot23 wrote:Hey all, I'd love some of your advice on what to do this week.
    I'm in 2 H2H prelim finals one is my work one and I would love the bragging rights

currently have 2 trades and 291k ITB

current team is

Grant
    Carrigan Mofo
    Mcinnes Yeo Lolo(fingers crossed)
    Moses Cleary
    Lomax Mcintyre
    Lomax Ponga Paps

Fogarty Starling Randall Rudolf

Haas Teddy Api Hampton

Initial thoughts are trade Paps to Edwards so I can field 17 and hopefully keep a trade spare for next week if I make it

What is your opponents team? And the team for your likely opponent if you win? How badly do you need to trade to get an advantage?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 85 -  Who's being rested - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 85 - Who's being rested

Post by mattnz Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:04 pm

my tv broke wrote:Weidler is reporting that AFB wants out from Manly

All aboard Paseka for next season
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm

jackorot23 wrote:Hey all, I'd love some of your advice on what to do this week.
    I'm in 2 H2H prelim finals one is my work one and I would love the bragging rights

currently have 2 trades and 291k ITB

current team is

Grant
    Carrigan Mofo
    Mcinnes Yeo Lolo(fingers crossed)
    Moses Cleary
    Lomax Mcintyre
    Lomax Ponga Paps

Fogarty Starling Randall Rudolf

Haas Teddy Api Hampton

Initial thoughts are trade Paps to Edwards so I can field 17 and hopefully keep a trade spare for next week if I make it

Lomax listed twice - who's the other one supposed to be?

Pap to Edwards is solid. Probably doing the same. With 291K I'd be pretty tempted to use the second trade on Randall to Munster/JFH/Friend, Hampton to Holmes/Cotter, or Rudolf to your pick of anyone (Crichton/Harris/Cook/CS9). Not sure there's much point having nearly 300k sitting around for the last week.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:09 pm

mattnz wrote:

All aboard Paseka for next season

Manly will be a fantasy haven next year with players like Paseka, A. Hopo, Burbo (Ben.T), Metcalf, Oloabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz making their way into first grade.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:11 pm

wolfking wrote:

Leaning towards DCE.  McInnes my second possible option.
    Not Cleary?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Pap to Edwards is solid. Probably doing the same. With 291K I'd be pretty tempted to use the second trade on Randall to Munster/JFH/Friend, Hampton to Holmes/Cotter, or Rudolf to your pick of anyone (Crichton/Harris/Cook/CS9). Not sure there's much point having nearly 300k sitting around for the last week.

On this... if you are purely playing H2H have a look at your team vs your opponents this week. If you can get away with just the one trade (Pap > Edwards) and feel like you will win comfortably I would hold the second trade and 300K for the last round. You never know what injuries/restings may occur and then compare apples for apples next week and make a play for a massive gun with that war chest to get the leg up in the final week?

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm

If I make that last trade and go Edwards to Pap it leaves me 168k spare which seems like a waste but it is what it is lol.....

Would leave me with this:

McInnes
    Taupau MoFo
    Lucy Matterson Murray
    Cleary Pearce
    Peachey Crichton
    Ponga Edwards Hammer

Hunt Carrigan Sironen Niu
    Koloamatangi Randall Haas Teddy

Thoughts?

Or hold Pap and play with 16?
    jackorot23
    jackorot23

Post by jackorot23 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Milchcow wrote:

What is your opponents team? And the team for your likely opponent if you win? How badly do you need to trade to get an advantage?

1st opponent, most important one

Mcinnes
    L.Thompson Carrigan
    Jurbo Lucy Matto
    Cleary DCE
    Asi Herbie
    Ponga Hammer Crichton

Moses N.Brown Brailey Siro
    Haas Randall Teddy Whare

2nd Opponent, I think I should win

Starling
    Rudolf Carrigan
    Harris Jurbo Mcinnes
    Luai Flanno
    Lomax Staggs
    CNK Brimson Coates

Tracey Lucy Asi Api
    Haas Stone Talau

main priority is the 1st game
    jackorot23
    jackorot23

Post by jackorot23 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:15 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

On this... if you are purely playing H2H have a look at your team vs your opponents this week. If you can get away with just the one trade (Pap > Edwards) and feel like you will win comfortably I would hold the second trade and 300K for the last round. You never know what injuries/restings may occur and then compare apples for apples next week and make a play for a massive gun with that war chest to get the leg up in the final week?

That is what I was thinking, if I can get the W and keep one trade I will use it next week to upgrade whoever I need to. The obvious downside is if I lose this week by not trading

Last edited by jackorot23 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jackorot23
    jackorot23

Post by jackorot23 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:16 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Sorry updated original post now, 2nd Lomax should be Crichton
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:If I make that last trade and go Edwards to Pap it leaves me 168k spare which seems like a waste but it is what it is lol.....

Would leave me with this:

McInnes
    Taupau MoFo
    Lucy Matterson Murray
    Cleary Pearce
    Peachey Crichton
    Ponga Edwards Hammer

Hunt Carrigan Sironen Niu
    Koloamatangi Randall Haas Teddy

Thoughts?

Or hold Pap and play with 16?

I think Pap to Edwards is the play. Probably doing the same with my last trade and 94k leftover. Either that or Pap to Turbo.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 pm

jackorot23 wrote:

Sorry updated original post now, 2nd Lomax should be Crichton

Looks like matchup is

You

Grant
    Mofo
    Yeo
    Lolo(fingers crossed)
    Lomax
    Mcintyre
    Paps
    Fogarty
    Starling
    Randall
    Rudolf

Him
    L.Thompson
    Jurbo
    Lucy
    Matto
    DCE
    Asi
    Herbie
    Hammer
    N.Brown
    Brailey
    Siro

He has Randall available at 18th man to match a player if he wants

You really need Lolo to play, if he's out along with Paps you are clearly behind the 8 ball.
    If Lolo is out I'd consider trading - bring in Matterson or Jrbo, whoever you think will score higher to take out an opponents pod.

You need to make sure you win this week before worrying about saving a trade for next round.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 pm

I have a feeling Brandon Smith could be a late inclusion on the bench for Jacks... meaning Cam Smith could get an early shower if they are up by enough.
    Leaves my captain choices as:
    Carrigan: No Haas or Kennedy and a bench that screams 80 minutes. Will get through a tonne of work in the middle. Will be a bit dewy on Friday night so could be a lot tackles in the middle of the park.
    Matterson: 100th career game, at home against a Broncos team booking their flights to Hamilton Island as we speak. Does Dearden defend on the right or left? He could be running at gamble all night.
    Bateman: Rain expected in Canberra on Sunday... might steer clear.
    Cleary: Against a Cowboys outfit in a similar situation to the Broncos. Should see all the attack so would rely largely on attacking stats (less kick meters). Would not be surprised to see Burton come into the squad on game day.
    DCE: A game with nothing in it apart from putting some respect to the Manly team and finishing the year strong. Hopefully have Turbo back which will help their attack. Garrick lurking in EMG might hinder is GK.

OUTSIDE PICKS
    Ponga: Up against the Dragons who have nothing left to play for and the Knights are looking for some momentum leading into the finals. Playing on Old Boys' day so they will be pumped for the occasion.
    Moses: Eels theoretically can still drop out of the top 4 and they are chasing some much needed consistency! Moses has been told to run more and could cause dramas for the Broncos. Could score 20 points alone from goal kicking.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Last Trade Quandary Time,

Can field 17 without trading....but that includes Randall, Ofa, Sironen and HTF

I have to play HTF regardless as I don't want to spend my last trade on a WFB to cover Teddy for one week.

Tempted to go Mann to DCE (feel he won't be rested regardless of what happens) but who knows what the story is next week.

Any thoughts?
    jackorot23
    jackorot23

Post by jackorot23 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Looks like matchup is

You

Grant
    Mofo
    Yeo
    Lolo(fingers crossed)
    Lomax
    Mcintyre
    Paps
    Fogarty
    Starling
    Randall
    Rudolf

Him
    L.Thompson
    Jurbo
    Lucy
    Matto
    DCE
    Asi
    Herbie
    Hammer
    N.Brown
    Brailey
    Siro

He has Randall available at 18th man to match a player if he wants

You really need Lolo to play, if he's out along with Paps you are clearly behind the 8 ball.
    If Lolo is out I'd consider trading - bring in Matterson or Jrbo, whoever you think will score higher to take out an opponents pod.

You need to make sure you win this week before worrying about saving a trade for next round.

Yeah I agree, I will be watching the team list closely and if Lolo is out I will be trading him. If that situation does happen I' tossing up between Harris, Matto, Bateman & Angus knowing full well whoever I pick will be the wrong choice
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:33 pm

Aardvark wrote:Last Trade Quandary Time,

Can field 17 without trading....but that includes Randall, Ofa, Sironen and HTF

I have to play HTF regardless as I don't want to spend my last trade on a WFB to cover Teddy for one week.

Tempted to go Mann to DCE (feel he won't be rested regardless of what happens) but who knows what the story is next week.

Any thoughts?

I feel like that's worth using last trade on

30-40 point upgrade this week on Randall/Ofa/Sironen and then another points upgrade of DCE instead of Mann next week
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Camo123 wrote:

I feel like that's worth using last trade on

30-40 point upgrade this week on Randall/Ofa/Sironen and then another points upgrade of DCE instead of Mann next week

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Have the bank to do the trade so might as well get the best player available.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:
    Bateman: Rain expected in Canberra on Sunday... might steer clear.

Gah, I had Bateman as #1 in my 2RF trade-in shortlist, and now I don't know whether I should care about the weather forecast or not

Current order:
    1. Bateman
    2. Matto... don't like him, not sure whether Broncos good (attack stats) or bad (low tackles) matchup
    2. Crichton... as in I might punt on him if its a repeat of last week and he gets a start at 13, while hoping for the best R20
    4. Lolo... concerns about easing back in, if he plays at all. Easing back is probably still 55pts?
    5. Harris... safe/boring pick
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/16/fonua-blake-granted-permission-to-leave-manly/

Bronco's "no chance" of signing him.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:44 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/16/fonua-blake-granted-permission-to-leave-manly/

Bronco's "no chance" of signing him.

Based on that its

1. Warriors
    2. Dragons

I also didn't realise the Tigers signed Tamou.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 pm