NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:27 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Money games? Pfft, Mahoney fucking my Survivor team! That's the important stuff! How are you travelling mate? Had a chance to see the orthodontist yet?

Nah mate, haven't been able to pick myself up off the floor yet. Haven't eaten a tooth since Tuesday night. Considering changing my name to Crumpled Heap.

Hope you're still enjoying the game, though. I'm, uh, totally cool with being out of it.

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition - Page 9 Giphy
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Out of the top 50 of our FOG league:

17 captained Hunt
    14 captained Cleary
    12 captained McInnes
    2 captained Taumalolo
    1 captained Bateman
    1 captained D. Fifita
    1 captained Moses
    1 captained Ponga 
    1 captained Nofoaluma

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:33 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    1 captained Nofoaluma

Was that Wolfie?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    You have Matto aye? Geez he was awesome. He just offloads at will.

I used Papy in a loop just in case but am stoked with his 57.

I captained McInnes. I’m just gonna go and check the top 50 of our FOG league and see the captaincy split.

Yeah Matto's awesome, never said a bad word about him, even when he was a late out, five point HIA, and out again :pinocchio:

Seriously though, love the guy, hope he can stay on the park.

McInnes will be a good shout for captain, wouldn't even bother yourself.

I nearly put Pappy in the loop for safety reasons. But while I was reading bedtime stories for my five year old, my face went as purple as Wiliame's dot and I thought, fuck, what if he actually plays and I have to take his score? Suffice to say, I'm happy with his 57.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Was that Wolfie?
    Nope Andy I think.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:

Draftstars can be like that if you go in with the one team mate. As a long term nrl fantasy player, you focus on the guys that are popular in classic..however when you play dfs I guess you start giving a shit about a broader bunch of players.

Guess what I'm trying to get at is there are always injuries and HIAs that can either make or break your dfs line-up.

The nas hit on niukore looked like it'd ruin my one good team...but because penalty and sin bin aren't negative points in draftstars and niukore actually came back on it helped me! Equal 3rd atm, could go to 2nd if updates are kind!

Nice work.

I've really wanted to submit a few teams, but at the moment I'm losing too much money (and I'm only starting out with the $2 comps, lol) as it is with one team, so I don't want to escalate my spending until I can justify it. I just worry that if I submit extra teams I'll somehow dodge most the better players and end up submitting a bunch of teams that all feature the guy who gets a HIA, injury or the guy that get's Mahoney'd. Obviously no way of knowing who that's going to be.

Anyway, yeah, it's a different process, selecting teams for sure. For me, picking the WFB/CTR is basically like trying to place an any time try scorer bet. Got lucky with Ado-Carr last week, he was a thorn in my eyeball this week.

Any surefire tips on how to go as good as you are, lol? I would love to finish 2nd or 3rd, obviously, but any tips that would at least help me get my money back would be sublime too. Wink

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Turn around
    Look at what you see
    In her face
    The mirror of your dreams
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:48 pm

Updates are in:

Gutho 43
    D. Brown 38
    Moses 62 (massive update)
    RCG 22
    Matterson up to 86
    N. Brown up to 63

Pap down to 54
    Brenko 48
    Welch 65
    T. Eisenhuth 48 (read someone on here who is playing him as 17th man)
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Nice work.

I've really wanted to submit a few teams, but at the moment I'm losing too much money (and I'm only starting out with the $2 comps, lol) as it is with one team, so I don't want to escalate my spending until I can justify it. I just worry that if I submit extra teams I'll somehow dodge most the better players and end up submitting a bunch of teams that all feature the guy who gets a HIA, injury or the guy that get's Mahoney'd. Obviously no way of knowing who that's going to be.

Anyway, yeah, it's a different process, selecting teams for sure. For me, picking the WFB/CTR is basically like trying to place an any time try scorer bet. Got lucky with Ado-Carr last week, he was a thorn in my eyeball this week.

Any surefire tips on how to go as good as you are, lol? I would love to finish 2nd or 3rd, obviously, but any tips that would at least help me get my money back would be sublime too. Wink  

Managing how much you're putting into it is a good start mate. With how top heavy the prize structure is, best bet is to back your gut and just pick the team you think will score the most points. Could go in to way too much detail but if you're putting in 1 or 2 teams into the $2 comp I'd start with looking at forward packs, change in role and obviously underpriced players.

Eg in today's game I thought storm with no smith, jbrom and finucane meant I'd want to go big on Welch, nas and eisenhuth (who was available at ctr).

Backs are a bit of a lottery, but it's kinda fun as you get to back your gut on which team will do better and potentially picking backs from those teams.

Anyone that's been playing, we try to keep the dfs thread ticking over so it'd be great to have more of you posting updates on there!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:56 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Turn around
    Look at what you see
    In her face

Make believe I'm everywhere
    Given in the light
    Written on the pages
    Is the answer to a never ending story............. Oh oh oh ohohhohohohohohohohoh Very Happy
    Ram it in my Haas

Post by Ram it in my Haas Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:57 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Updates are in:

Gutho 43
    D. Brown 38
    RCG 22
    Matterson up to 86
    N. Brown up to 63

Pap down to 54
    Brenko 48
    Welch 65

I'm playing him at 17th aswell hahahah. Pure luck his score tonight - i'll take it though!!!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Turn around
    Look at what you see
    In her face

Mulvy wrote:

Make believe I'm everywhere
    Given in the light
    Written on the pages
    Is the answer to a never ending story............. Oh oh oh ohohhohohohohohohohoh Very Happy

Fuck yeah boys, made my night.
    Artax forever!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:

Managing how much you're putting into it is a good start mate. With how top heavy the prize structure is, best bet is to back your gut and just pick the team you think will score the most points. Could go in to way too much detail but if you're putting in 1 or 2 teams into the $2 comp I'd start with looking at forward packs, change in role and obviously underpriced players.

Eg in today's game I thought storm with no smith, jbrom and finucane meant I'd want to go big on Welch, nas and eisenhuth (who was available at ctr).

Backs are a bit of a lottery, but it's kinda fun as you get to back your gut on which team will do better and potentially picking backs from those teams.

Anyone that's been playing, we try to keep the dfs thread ticking over so it'd be great to have more of you posting updates on there!

Oh shit, I didn't know there was a thread for it here. That's awesome. I'll find it after I post this.

To be completely honest, I think I've been going pretty well with my picks so far. Love the look of my team every time I submit one. Like I say, just getting dudded here and there by something really unexpected. For instance, I was definitely on Welch and NAS tonight... but admittedly, didn't get on Eisenhuth. But yeah, I love my underpriced gems to support the guns. Anyway, won't bore everyone else here. I'm going to find this other thread. Smile Thanks for the tips mate.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Fuck yeah boys, made my night.
    Artax forever!

Oh dear, would you be upset that I've only seen half of it once, before falling asleep as a child, and don't know who Artax is, and only know what's going on because this song is actually on my (adult) play list?? That, and Peter Griffin going Yeah! All the while watching V for Vendetta for like the 13th time?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:19 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Oh dear, would you be upset that I've only seen half of it once, before falling asleep as a child, and don't know who Artax is, and only know what's going on because this song is actually on my (adult) play list?? That, and Peter Griffin going Yeah! All the while watching V for Vendetta for like the 13th time?

Don't know if you guys dig a bit of rock n' roll, but a group of musicians I'm into were doing this lockdown project this year and covered a bunch of cool tunes... and this was one of them.

Just listen, don't watch the clip... It's all wicked cringey, but I'm kind of into it. Brings back memories, in a style of music I can get down to;

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:37 pm

So I ended up going with Haas to McInnes and Aubbs to Koala leaving me with:

McInnes (C)
    Carrigan MoFo
    Murray Taumalolo Yeo
    Cleary Pearce
    Latrell Crichton
    Teddy Ponga Pap

Hunt Lucy Taupau Koala
    Sironen Hammer Randall Niu

4 trades and 367k spare so enough to bring Haas back in for sure and maybe make another move/upgrade in coming weeks.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:02 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:
    Mulvy wrote:

Don't know if you guys dig a bit of rock n' roll, but a group of musicians I'm into were doing this lockdown project this year and covered a bunch of cool tunes... and this was one of them.

Just listen, don't watch the clip... It's all wicked cringey, but I'm kind of into it. Brings back memories, in a style of music I can get down to;

Clip isn't that bad in the big scheme of things. Great sounding cover.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:26 pm

The thing that annoys me about DFS is wanting players to do well that will hurt my ranking in NRL fantasy.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:40 pm

@surmo13 when does the supporter gear sale on nrlshop end?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:59 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Updates are in:

Gutho 43
    D. Brown 38
    RCG 22
    Matterson up to 86
    N. Brown up to 63

Pap down to 54
    Brenko 48
    Welch 65
    Assuming this was for me? Haha cheers Rabs. Quiet couple of games for old RCG. Hopefully he's just catching his breath for the past month and can AVG 50 from here.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:03 pm