NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition

Post by Bethany_B Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    There was a lot crusher tackles from your boys, they’ve been doing it for years as well. It needs to be rubbed out so I am glad the NRL are cracking down on it before someone becomes paralysed.

I saw crusher tackles from Welch, Johns, Vete and NAS should get 2-3 weeks for what he did. Will the judiciary charge them all though?.... I won’t be holding my breath. Souths have had Murray, Nicholls and Knight charged for crushers this year accidental or not you can’t do it they were all charged. I’ll now await and see if the same rules are applied to Storm players who do it most weeks, they’ve got it down to an art. If I was a Storm supporter I wouldn’t like seeing my players tackle in this manner and apply pressure around the neck area.

If anything I thought Parra should’ve had some more six agains as you guys lay all over them at times.

27mins for a six again was too much time to wait.

I agree re the try though for you guys you got robbed on that one.

Probs could’ve had a penalty for the shot on Brandon Smith near the end as well.

As I said earlier, both Sivo and Brown dove in those tackles, they dragged down the tackler and forced themselves into a crusher situation. It does need to be rubbed out but giving free penalties to players that put themselves in crusher positions isn't the way to do it.

I do agree that NAS should get a few weeks, that shoulder charge was pretty bad. He is the only one that should get charged but the others will probably get charged because everyone hates the storm and is fine with them getting fucked by the refs.

We probably weren't going to win even if the refs were fair and had not bought the acting but we would have at least had a chance at it.

Either way, I can't wait till we meet the Eels in the finals and put 40 on them like they deserve
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:34 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Either way, I can't wait till we meet the Eels in the finals and put 40 on them like they deserve

dream on princess...
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:36 pm

SaveTheCheerleader wrote:

dream on princess...

the only times the Eels have beaten us since 2015 are tonight and an origin-affected week in 2017.

With a full strength side, we put 64 and 32 points on a full-strength Eels side last year.

They were lucky to have us this week, even last week we would have beaten them
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:42 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

That might be so but it's bullshit how you can be penalised because someone crushered themselves like Sivo did.
    He didn’t crusher himself, the Storm player applied pressure to the neck and it that position where it can cause someone to become disabled.

As I said Storm have been worse offenders at this over the years compared to other teams, it needs to be rubbed out and more Storm players need to be cited for it, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I am sick of it every week.

Other teams players get cited but not the Storm players that do it for some reason, I’m hoping it changes now.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:45 pm

Welshy wrote:What did Papy score this week? 31 or well overs?

But but but remember mate he’s so shit  lol! lol!  blah blah blah....

I’ve held faith with him all season and haven’t been concerned.

Averaging 47.6 for my third WFB that’s bloody awesome.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    He didn’t crusher himself, the Storm player applied pressure to the neck and it that position where it can cause someone to become disabled.

As I said Storm have been worse offenders at this over the years compared to other teams, it needs to be rubbed out and more Storm players need to be cited for it, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I am sick of it every week.

Other teams players get cited but not the Storm players that do it for some reason, I’m hoping it changes now.

You tell 'em Rabbit!!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Nice night tonight. Much more pleasant than last week.

I traded Pearce out this week, with 146K in the bank. The only top tier keeper I could afford as a straight swap was Matterson but I opted not to do it because I didn't want to blow my bank on one player when I still wanted to bring in Hopoate to hopefully clean up my centres. Therefore I kept my eyes on Arey, Mofo or Barnett. There was method to my madness, but on a night like tonight I definitely second guess not going all in with Matterson.

Just started playing Draftstars recently and every single match so far, something like the Mahoney thing has happened to one or two or three of my players. Unbe-fucking-lievable. Was there an actual reason why it happened, or was it all just purely designed to make me lose money in Draftstars?

Nice game from Pappy. Was admittedly expecting the worst, but always happy to be proven wrong.

Not madly convincing, but good solid win from the Eels.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:57 pm

Just caught up on tonight’s posts.
    My god alcohol has a lot to answer for, however in Bethany’s case, I’m not sure you can blame alcohol.
    Was it last week you were having a go at the Roosters for being salary cap rorters, now this week you’re having a go another teams illegal tackling techniques?
    Something about glass houses....can’t remember the rest.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:57 pm

wolfking wrote:

You tell 'em Rabbit!!
    I AM!! I NEARLY HAD A CORONARY LAST YEAR WHEN SOUTHS PLAYED STORM IN GOSFORD THEY HAD ABOUT 4 CRUSHER TACKLES ON OUR PLAYERS AND THEY ALL GOT OFF AND ONE OF OUR PLAYERS GOT CHARGED FOR A CRUSHER, I WAS THAT MAD I NEARLY THREW SOMETHING ACROSS THE LOUNGEROOM!!

And it took Gerard Sutton 9 penalties in a row to finally sin bin one of their players. Yet in some Souths games last year after about 4-5 penalties our bloke was binned, different rules for the Storm and cheat Cam Smith who gets away with murder every week that’s for sure. Refs need to be more awake to Smith instead of giving him his own way! ARE YOU WITH ME WOLFIE ARE YOU WITH ME????

See it from the other side Bethany and how much Cam Smith gets away with for your mob. It sickens so so many supporters form all other teams. Kudos to Smith for getting it down to an art and getting away with all the BS but it ain’t right.

YOU KNOW WHAT WOLFIE WHEN WE PLAY THE STORM I KNOW WE PROBS LOSE BUT I SHALL SIT THEIR GIVING IT TO THEIR PLAYERS DIRTY PLAYS AND MR CAM SMITH FOR THE FULL 80!!!!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:02 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Nice night tonight. Much more pleasant than last week.

I traded Pearce out this week, with 146K in the bank. The only top tier keeper I could afford as a straight swap was Matterson but I opted not to do it because I didn't want to blow my bank on one player when I still wanted to bring in Hopoate to hopefully clean up my centres. Therefore I kept my eyes on Arey, Mofo or Barnett. There was method to my madness, but on a night like tonight I definitely second guess not going all in with Matterson.

Just started playing Draftstars recently and every single match so far, something like the Mahoney thing has happened to one or two or three of my players. Unbe-fucking-lievable. Was there an actual reason why it happened, or was it all just purely designed to make me lose money in Draftstars?

Nice game from Pappy. Was admittedly expecting the worst, but always happy to be proven wrong.

Money games? Pfft, Mahoney fucking my Survivor team! That's the important stuff! How are you travelling mate? Had a chance to see the orthodontist yet?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:06 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I AM!! I NEARLY HAD A CORONARY LAST YEAR WHEN SOUTHS PLAYED STORM IN GOSFORD THEY HAD ABOUT 4 CRUSHER TACKLES ON OUR PLAYERS AND THEY ALL GOT OFF AND ONE OF OUR PLAYERS GOT CHARGED FOR A CRUSHER, I WAS THAT MAD I NEARLY THREW SOMETHING ACROSS THE LOUNGEROOM!!

And it took Gerard Sutton 9 penalties in a row to finally sin bin one of their players. Yet in some Souths games last year after about 4-5 penalties our bloke was binned, different rules for the Storm and cheat Cam Smith who gets away with murder every week that’s for sure. Refs need to be more awake to Smith instead of giving him his own way! ARE YOU WITH ME WOLFIE ARE YOU WITH ME????

See it from the other side Bethany and how much Cam Smith gets away with for your mob. It sickens so so many supporters form all other teams. Kudos to Smith for getting it down to an art and getting away with all the BS but it ain’t right.

YOU KNOW WHAT WOLFIE WHEN WE PLAY THE STORM I KNOW WE PROBS LOSE BUT I SHALL SIT THEIR GIVING IT TO THEIR PLAYERS DIRTY PLAYS AND MR CAM SMITH FOR THE FULL 80!!!!

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition - Page 8 Giphy
    Ram it in my Haas

Post by Ram it in my Haas Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:07 pm

Fark me Parra look like the chosen team this year aye boys. Fkn respect to Bellamy for calling them out in the presser, saying their players were staying down on prupose and shit. Keep in mind the manly forward pass, fergo knock in in their own 10 against cronulla, and the no try call which went against the dogs when moses made the decision to tackle RFM. Brandon smith tonight gets a high shot similar to NAS' one where he gets binned, and now has a broken jaw so out for 4-6. Btw I'm a melbourne hater aswell... this is just ridiculous im sorry 

Parra Pen counts:

tonight 8-1
    vs sharks 7-2
    vs dogs 8-3
    vs tigers 8-2
    vs bronx 6-1
    vs titans 14-2
    vs dogs 10-6
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:13 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Tbh I completely forgot about that game. I don't mind actual crushers being penalised, I just think Sivo and Brown dived.

Either way, you know my position on this and I've said enough about it.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:17 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Nice night tonight. Much more pleasant than last week.

Draftstars can be like that if you go in with the one team mate. As a long term nrl fantasy player, you focus on the guys that are popular in classic..however when you play dfs I guess you start giving a shit about a broader bunch of players.

Guess what I'm trying to get at is there are always injuries and HIAs that can either make or break your dfs line-up.

The nas hit on niukore looked like it'd ruin my one good team...but because penalty and sin bin aren't negative points in draftstars and niukore actually came back on it helped me! Equal 3rd atm, could go to 2nd if updates are kind!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Wow, so loud! Keep it down, I've got kids asleep! You are both passionate, I get it. But again it's a fantasy forum, not a fan forum and 90% of people don't care for the hyperbole unless there's a gif or some pun or Haiku or something. Anyhoo, how's the fantasy team travelling?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:21 pm

On another note stoked with Papy tonight was a great performance. He was threatening to go bigger but wasn’t to be. I thought the ruck speed was to slow.

Hopefully the Parra player is cited as well for what I thought was a bit of a high shot on Brandon Smith who now has a fractured jaw.

Put it this way I think there will be lots of charges from that game.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:22 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 78 - Haas or no Haas Edition - Page 8 Giphy

lol! I should have just done this.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:22 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:Channel 9 with a feature piece on Papenhuyzen.

Great now go out and score 50 please.

haha see I told him to do that.  

Won't push my luck though and ask for anything from anyone else.

Last edited by Mr Snrub on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:23 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Wow, so loud! Keep it down, I've got kids asleep! You are both passionate, I get it. But again it's a fantasy forum, not a fan forum and 90% of people don't care for the hyperbole unless there's a gif or some pun or Haiku or something. Anyhoo, how's the fantasy team travelling?
    You have Matto aye? Geez he was awesome. He just offloads at will.

I used Papy in a loop just in case but am stoked with his 57.

I captained McInnes. I’m just gonna go and check the top 50 of our FOG league and see the captaincy split.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:26 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    You have Matto aye? Geez he was awesome. He just offloads at will.

I used Papy in a loop just in case but am stoked with his 57.

I captained McInnes. I’m just gonna go and check the top 50 of our FOG league and see the captaincy split.

Yeah Matto was awesome, I sadly don't have him in fantasy but I do have him in SC and he got a ton over there. I just had Papy tonight, captaincy on Bunt

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:53 am