NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 54 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 54 - Everyone scores 1000 edition Empty NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 54 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:37 am

Break Evens:

Break Even's:

MTBs Site - Stats, Break Evens, Match Centre, Interchange Times, Price Predictor, Team Builder
    http://www.footystatistics.com/

Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down Question Thread
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1343-nrl-fantasy-2020-thumbs-up-thumbs-down-thread

Assistant Coach Area
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/f11-assistant-coach

Community Team Area
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/f12-celeb-community-team
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 54 - Everyone scores 1000 edition Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 54 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

Post by White Lightning Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:41 am

1st
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 54 - Everyone scores 1000 edition Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 54 - Everyone scores 1000 edition

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:42 am

Still catching up from last thread

Rapture_NRL wrote:

It's weird. He looked so good first 2 games of the season. And nobody at Broncos actually looks any good. Apart from fantasy, even Haas doesn't stamp his authority on the game. If I had to guess, Siebold is trying to mold the team to what he wants, rather than playing to the strengths of the team

This is exactly the problem and it comes down to coaching trees and experience.

Seibold got his start at the Rabbitohs after serving an apprenticeship under the Craig Bellamy coaching tree. This meant when he joined the Rabbitohs, most of the senior players were used to this kind of coaching after years of Michael McGuire. What this meant was the structures Seibold wanted were already in place and he could put his little tweaks on attacking structures, such as having Murray as a run pass option to provide width.

When joining the Broncos, Seibold genuinely thought on paper he could add the same tweaks and get them to be a premiership team. What he didn't account for was the Wayne Bennett coaching tree. Bennett's style of coaching is incredibly different from Bellamy. While Bellamy relies on well drilled players with structured play(by 3rd tackle we need to be 37 metres out and 12 metres in), Bennett gives the players a lot more freedom. Bennett relies on man management to get the best out of his players when it is needed, along with a smart half(Langer, Lockyer, Reynolds) that can steer the ship.

With the Broncos senior players not being used to the Seibold game plan, a more senior coach would have come in, tweaked their coaching style and slowly integrated their style over a 4-5 year period adding bits and pieces every year. But the rookie Seibold after thinking "how easy is this first grade stuff" blew the whole thing up, got rid of senior players and is now reliant on a bunch of 20 year forwards plus some has beens in the backs.

While Seibold is definitely responsible for the majority of the issues, the failure does lie with the board. They agreed to a rebuild which meant letting senior players go. They agreed to let a rookie head coach choose his own assistants. Aside from the footballing side of things(don't blow up the club and put your attacking plan in place instantly you idiot), a senior assistant coach like John Cartwright would be able to work with the senior players, prep Seibold to front the media and assist with salary cap planning

tl;dr It was a poor hire at the time, but the board didn't provide adequate support so now it's a nightmare

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:54 am

BJ is a fucking cat. We talk about the fact that he clotheslined someone off the ball but we're not talking about the fact that he did it to the smallest guy on the field.

No chance in hell he does that to JFH or Tetevano.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:56 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Still catching up from last thread

This is exactly the problem and it comes down to coaching trees and experience.

Seibold got his start at the Rabbitohs after serving an apprenticeship under the Craig Bellamy coaching tree. This meant when he joined the Rabbitohs, most of the senior players were used to this kind of coaching after years of Michael McGuire. What this meant was the structures Seibold wanted were already in place and he could put his little tweaks on attacking structures, such as having Murray as a run pass option to provide width.

When joining the Broncos, Seibold genuinely thought on paper he could add the same tweaks and get them to be a premiership team. What he didn't account for was the Wayne Bennett coaching tree. Bennett's style of coaching is incredibly different from Bellamy. While Bellamy relies on well drilled players with structured play(by 3rd tackle we need to be 37 metres out and 12 metres in), Bennett gives the players a lot more freedom. Bennett relies on man management to get the best out of his players when it is needed, along with a smart half(Langer, Lockyer, Reynolds) that can steer the ship.

With the Broncos senior players not being used to the Seibold game plan, a more senior coach would have come in, tweaked their coaching style and slowly integrated their style over a 4-5 year period adding bits and pieces every year. But the rookie Seibold after thinking "how easy is this first grade stuff" blew the whole thing up, got rid of senior players and is now reliant on a bunch of 20 year forwards plus some has beens in the backs.

While Seibold is definitely responsible for the majority of the issues, the failure does lie with the board. They agreed to a rebuild which meant letting senior players go. They agreed to let a rookie head coach choose his own assistants. Aside from the footballing side of things(don't blow up the club and put your attacking plan in place instantly you idiot), a senior assistant coach like John Cartwright would be able to work with the senior players, prep Seibold to front the media and assist with salary cap planning

tl;dr It was a poor hire at the time, but the board didn't provide adequate support so now it's a nightmare

Great write up MS. You see this same mistake played out in so many organisations. New leaders trying to put their stamp on things too soon
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:58 am

VK, After seeing the last two gifs you posted in the other thread, I'm thinking we have similar tastes!

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:00 pm

filthridden wrote:VK, After seeing the last two gifs you posted in the other thread, I'm thinking we have similar tastes!

Anything with a pulse? Agreed
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:00 pm

filthridden wrote:VK, After seeing the last two gifs you posted in the other thread, I'm thinking we have similar tastes!

If you haven't already you should check out Glow
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:06 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

If you haven't already you should check out Glow

All over it mate but thanks for looking out for me. Very Happy
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:08 pm

Looking to trade JMK today. Any thoughts on who I trade to?
    14 trades left pre-trade. $193k bank.

JMK has been starting HLF alongside Cleary. Luai & Fog as cover (both in 17 this week). I put JMK in res spot this week so I can trade to any position.

I'm just short of DCE, and in any event I'm thinking I'll wait for Moses to bottom out.

Players I'm considering are:

Jurbo: I currently have 2RF of Lolo, Arrow, Lucy. No back up (I do have Katoa, and Carrigan is starting FRF - I have no FRF cover]. Jurbo is consistent but not especially exciting.

Murray: Per above. Yet to break a big score this year. Looks like a 60min player only. Bit more exciting to watch from fantasy perspective.

McCullough: Likely to average same as Jurbo, Murray for $50k less. But I do have Friend, Grant, Koro already. Prefer Cook, McInnes but will unlikely be able to afford them any time soon, if it all.

Tapau: Gives me both FRF and 2RF cover (due to Carrigan). But I can get him cheaper next week.

Pearce: Could average near Jurbo for $60k less.

RFM: Better value than all of above and leaves $232 in bank to upgrade arrow or Lucy next week. Main risk is JS. I don't have similar candidates I could get next week (Butcher, Young)

L Croker: Cash out & possible cashcow. Leaves $490k to really do some damage next week. [I do not have Haas, Cook, McInness]. Current cows are Fog, Biro, Talau, HTF, Luai

At this stage, I think it'll be RFM.

Sorry for long post - thanks for any thoughts.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:14 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:Looking to trade JMK today.  Any thoughts on who I trade to?  
    14 trades left pre-trade.  $193k bank.

JMK has been starting HLF alongside Cleary.  Luai & Fog as cover (both in 17 this week). I put JMK in res spot this week so I can trade to any position.

I'm just short of DCE, and in any event I'm thinking I'll wait for Moses to bottom out.

Jurbo:   I currently have 2RF of Lolo, Arrow, Lucy.  No back up (I do have Katoa, and Carrigan is starting FRF - I have no FRF cover].  Jurbo is consistent but not especially exciting.

Murray:  Per above.  Yet to break a big score this year.  Looks like a 60min player only.  Bit more exciting to watch from fantasy perspective.

McCullough:  Likely to average same as Jurbo, Murray for $50k less.  But I do have Friend, Grant, Koro already.  Prefer Cook, McInnes but will unlikely be able to afford them any time soon, if it all.

Tapau:  Gives me both FRF and 2RF cover (due to Carrigan).  But I can get him cheaper next week.

RFM: Better value than all of above and leaves $232 in bank to upgrade arrow or Lucy next week.  Main risk is JS.  I don't have similar candidates I could get next week (Butcher, Young)

L Croker:  Cash out & possible cashcow.  Leaves $490k to really do some damage next week.  [I do not have Haas, Cook, McInness].  Current cows are Fog, Biro, Talau, HTF, Luai

Would rule out Croker as not a cow and McCullough due to not being under priced enough and won't score as well as Cook/McInnes/Smith tier. Most of Pearce's value is gone so I'd rather find the cash for a DCE tier player.

This leave JTurbo, RFM, Murray and Taupau. Taupau feels like a sub optimal keeper, but most are sacrificing somewhere. RFM I'd be too worried about job security with full strength pack yet to be seen. I like the idea of JTurbo over Murray(I own Murray), but slightly tempted by Taupau at a lower price
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:17 pm

Would rule out Croker as not a cow and McCullough due to not being under priced enough and won't score as well as Cook/McInnes/Smith tier. Most of Pearce's value is gone so I'd rather find the cash for a DCE tier player.

This leave JTurbo, RFM, Murray and Taupau. Taupau feels like a sub optimal keeper, but most are sacrificing somewhere. RFM I'd be too worried about job security with full strength pack yet to be seen. I like the idea of JTurbo over Murray(I own Murray), but slightly tempted by Taupau at a lower price

I will find it very hard to ignore Taupau next week if he scores a solid 50

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:18 pm

If I can avoid injuries then I'm on Taupau next week. Cash gen and injuries kinda force my hand.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:21 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

If I can avoid injuries then I'm on Taupau next week. Cash gen and injuries kinda force my hand.

Lucy > Taupau as a straight swap is tempting.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:23 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:Looking to trade JMK today.  Any thoughts on who I trade to?  
    14 trades left pre-trade.  $193k bank.

JMK has been starting HLF alongside Cleary.  Luai & Fog as cover (both in 17 this week). I put JMK in res spot this week so I can trade to any position.

Jurbo:   I currently have 2RF of Lolo, Arrow, Lucy.  No back up (I do have Katoa, and Carrigan is starting FRF - I have no FRF cover].  Jurbo is consistent but not especially exciting.

Murray:  Per above.  Yet to break a big score this year.  Looks like a 60min player only.  Bit more exciting to watch from fantasy perspective.

McCullough:  Likely to average same as Jurbo, Murray for $50k less.  But I do have Friend, Grant, Koro already.  Prefer Cook, McInnes but will unlikely be able to afford them any time soon, if it all.

Tapau:  Gives me both FRF and 2RF cover (due to Carrigan).  But I can get him cheaper next week.

RFM: Better value than all of above and leaves $232 in bank to upgrade arrow or Lucy next week.  Main risk is JS.  I don't have similar candidates I could get next week (Butcher, Young)

L Croker:  Cash out & possible cashcow.  Leaves $490k to really do some damage next week.  [I do not have Haas, Cook, McInness].  Current cows are Fog, Biro, Talau, HTF, Luai

Sutton next week?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:24 pm

On pace for a decent score this week but have come back to earth a little after 2 big weeks

844 with Murray, Cook, DCE to come. These guys seem to be PODish at the top with Cook/DCE in 15% of the top 1000 and Murray in 8%

Herbie turning into a nice little cow at the back, although I wouldn't have expected him to be my highest scoring WFB

Still not happy with squad balance and will look at moving Friend on to a Teddy/Ponga in the next few weeks (via Fogarty into 17)

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:47 pm

We've had a couple of crackers this round already, but I expect Knights/Sea Eagles to be a big game.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:54 pm

I missed Roosters game - any views on Butcher, still a good option? Guessing will be similar price next price. Risk still there with JS but must be less risky than Sutton.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:55 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

If Taupau gets through game alright, JTB to Taupau will be done for me as soon as lockout ends
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:56 pm

Chewie wrote:

Sutton next week?
    What will Sutton’s price roughly be?
    I can go JTB directly to Sutton. Tapau can wait another week then.

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am