NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful

Post by Milchcow Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 pm

My parents are English and came out here when they got married.

My Dad prefers soccer, but when we were little took me and my brother out to league games sometimes as weekend entertainment as it was the bigger sport. Went to lots of games - Tigers, Parra and North Sydney mostly as closest to where we grew up. Back then league games were just one option of many for things to do on a weekend. Always had a tendency to support Tigers, probably around 1993 was when I became an actual Tigers fan

Big respect to my Dad who didn't really like or understand league at all (still doesn't given how many games he's been to), but dedicated huge parts of his weekend to it just to keep me entertained.

NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 pm

It's also a handy reminder that fanhub has nothing to do with the stats collecting side of things, they just run the platform that translates those stats into fantasy points.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Chewie wrote:
    Always assumed your name was Dan, but looking at your avatar i guess it's Danielle?

google the avatar, nice gif, you won't regret it.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:07 pm

I have $520k to upgrade Randall for someone to score this week (and next week if Munster is still out) and to replace Sironen as 18th man

Nikorima and Brimson the shortlist, anyone else to be considered?
    Maybe Luke Brooks

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Chewie wrote:Arrived in Australia January '99, it took me a few years to get into RL as it's not a sport we play where I'm from. Lived near Parra so the Eels were an obvious choice, love players like Fuifui Moimoi, the Hayne plane, and the Semitrailer.
    I've been working in Newy for 8 years now and have been following the Knights for a bit too, they'll probably be my 2nd team.

Can only imagine the transition to Rugby league being a tough one, Kashyyyk is a long way to travel from as well
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:10 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:I was given a hand-me-down Balmain jersey when I was very young, and I wore it till it fell apart. Ergo I feel like the Tigers will always be my "second" team after the Warriors as it was like I began supporting by osmosis.

As someone (Filth?) said before it was awesome being able to go watch live league as a kid every other week, with all the "big" names that I'd only ever seen on telly. So I don't think I'd ever waiver off the Warriors unless they ceased to exist. Considering league was always my preferred code to watch and support (despite pretty much blanket Union coverage growing up), the hype here in NZ during the week of their grand final appearance rivalled the hype before an All Blacks final/big match and I had never seen anything like it before. Even though we got smoked, it's something I look forward to happening again one day

Grew up in the bush and my mum bought me a Tigers jumper when I was 5. Became a lifelong Tigers fan from then on. Managed to get my parents and grandparents to switch allegiance to the Tigers too.

Decades later I asked her why she got me the Tigers jersey: "'cos it was the cheapest".
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:12 pm

wolfking wrote:If I miss Ponga for the year, which one is better.  Trade outs are Hetherington and Young;

A. Fui and Brown
    B. 212K (Hampton/Tracey) and JTurbo

?  Are people avoiding Brown because of his history?  Last 2 games are gun status.

Option A for mine. I got Brown a few weeks ago - it is a nervous ride with injury, discipline issues and the 4 forward bench with both RCG and Paulo able to play big minutes.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:16 pm

lol the stats guys check the games 3 times & still on 2 consecutive weeks they all missed the Mann ta's whereas C. Smith get those awarded straight away.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I have $520k to upgrade Randall for someone to score this week (and next week if Munster is still out)  and to replace Sironen as 18th man

Maybe Luke Brooks

CHT if you want to go cheap and save some of that cash. Probably scores similar to a 50 minute Sironen though
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:18 pm

Chewie wrote:
    Always assumed your name was Dan, but looking at your avatar i guess it's Danielle?
    I think a guy is more likely to have a half dressed woman as an avatar than a woman is
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:18 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I have $520k to upgrade Randall for someone to score this week (and next week if Munster is still out)  and to replace Sironen as 18th man

Maybe Luke Brooks
    I like Brimson's DPP, but I've opted for Nikorima as I think he'll score slightly higher.

Next minute CHT takes most of the kicking duties...
    #fantasylife
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Cameron Murray is set for a switch to the edge with Liam Knight starting at lock and Bayley Sironen moving to the bench. Murray is expected to revert back to the middle when Sironen comes onto the field. The Rabbitohs have won their past four games against the Cowboys.

NRL.com

Honestly... where does this shit come from?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:19 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I think a guy is more likely to have a half dressed woman as an avatar than a woman is
    The human race is complicated
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:19 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Maybe Luke Brooks

I've talked up Cotric a bit with his draw if you're willing to take the boom/bust gamble.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Chewie wrote:

Haha no,was just changing it up with another avatar. That is a good luck game day charm on an Eels forum. It’s actually a gif that obviously didn’t work and she is meant to be squirming into her jeans and her br....... I’m sure you can work out the rest
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Mulvy wrote:

google the avatar, nice gif, you won't regret it.

Lol someone’s paying attention!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:21 pm

With this Siro news, who would you play at 16th man out of Siro/Fui, and who would you loop with Talau?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:24 pm

Rugby league story for me is boring.. grew up in Brisbane and was introduced to Broncos as a young kid. Always been a fan, always will be. Im happy for a second team to be added but there will be no connection there.

Interestingly enough my dad was born OS and only got into league after meeting my mum not long after he got here. My mum and family are all from Townsville, most of their family are all cowboys supporters.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:25 pm

Re Sironen didn't they say this last week & Sironen started.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:25 pm

my tv broke wrote:Rugby league story for me is boring.. grew up in Brisbane and was introduced to Broncos as a young kid. Always been a fan, always will be. Im happy for a second team to be added but there will be no connection there.

Interestingly enough my dad was born OS and only got into league after meeting my mum not long after he got here. My mum and family are all from Townsville, most of their family are all cowboys supporters.

I feel sorry for them.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:08 am