NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:35 am

Shady2K wrote:Handy video about NRL Fantasy and how stats are recorded - namely TBs, LBs and Try Saves

https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/fantasy/2020/fantasy-special-stats-process/

They've given an official way to complain about stats, what a terrible can of worms to open
    filthridden
    filthridden

NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 75 - Seibold and Seibeautiful

Post by filthridden Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:36 am

Chewie wrote:Arrived in Australia January '99, it took me a few years to get into RL as it's not a sport we play where I'm from. Lived near Parra so the Eels were an obvious choice, love players like Fuifui Moimoi, the Hayne plane, and the Semitrailer.
    I've been working in Newy for 8 years now and have been following the Knights for a bit too, they'll probably be my 2nd team.

Similar story to our old mate Jack Bauer - arrived probably a little after you did and came from a rugby union playing nation/background.
    Had never heard of Rugby League and fell in love with the sport while living in... Wollongong, I believe? Immediately became a die hard Dragons supporter.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:39 am

my supporter story is boring, born in QLD the year after the Broncos, raised in a Broncos supporting family, so yeh... My fathers is more interesting though, he switched over to the Storm the year they were introduced, QLD born and raised, no ties to Melbourne of which I have any knowledge, its a mystery to me what prompted it and come to think of it, I'm not sure why I've never asked.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:43 am

Captain Cleary,Yeo,Matterson,Hunt,Lomax and Clune for me tonight
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:44 am

mattnz wrote:
    Depends on the reason that people supported teams. When NRL was first screened in NZ many supported Manly, they had a kiwi coach in Graham Lowe and Matthew Ridge and the Iro brothers playing there. Later NZ got their own team in the comp.

This is exactly why I support Manly. I guess the Warriors are my second team being a kiwi
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:45 am

Sirronen benched, Murray edge, Knight lock again
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:46 am

Broncos growing up, only Qld team at the time. Basically stopped watching footy after the Superleague years, got behind the Cowboys in 2005 when they made the grand final, was living in Mackay at the time and the whole town went mental. Cowboys ever since.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:48 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

They've given an official way to complain about stats, what a terrible can of worms to open

WormCan is already open - having an official method is probably better than people abusing Lone Scout/CK on Twitter and Facebook

Just filter the stats emails into a folder and mass delete without reading

If the sample fan question didn't get copied directly from this forum it could have been

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:49 am

mrbrownstone wrote:I keep coming back to Cotric. 200k discount on his peak price this year. Broncos, Titans, Bulldogs coming up, with Warriors and Dragons still to come. 6 scores over 40 already this year which I'd usually take in the loop.

A lot to like there at $396k.

He's coming off a 6 so can probably wait one more week with a 50+ BE, but could do anything against the Broncos...

If I had spare trades id definitely consider trading HTF to Cotric for a potentially better wfb backup
    JSJSJSJ
    JSJSJSJ

Post by JSJSJSJ Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:49 am

Lived my first few years with my Dad working in the Sharks leagues club so I think it was expected. He was actually a Manly supporter growing up but changed to Sharks. I guess when your job is tied to how well a team is playing you tend to start supporting them

Last edited by JSJSJSJ on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:52 am; edited 2 times in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 am

Khany wrote:Sirronen benched, Murray edge, Knight lock again

Is there a source on this? Not that I don't believe it, I just might need to make alternative plans
    JSJSJSJ
    JSJSJSJ

Post by JSJSJSJ Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:52 am

Is there a source on this? Not that I don't believe it, I just might need to make alternative plans

All here nrl.com/news/2020/08/12/round-14-late-mail-robbo-coy-on-flanagan-recall-drinkwater-on-track/

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:52 am

at least there's some sort of official explanation now, so basically, as far as TBs go, it's doesn't matter how many blokes bounce off a ball carrier if one guy has a hold of that player the whole time, it counts as 0.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:54 am

They'll put an auto reply on the email address and once a week someone deletes all the emails
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:56 am

surmo13 wrote:at least there's some sort of official explanation now, so basically, as far as TBs go, it's doesn't matter how many blokes bounce off a ball carrier if one guy has a hold of that player the whole time, it counts as 0.

Explains a lot of the Haas/Taumalolo/Mofo ones where they bounce a guy off, make an extra 10 metres but 2 defenders stay connected
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:56 am

danseels1985 wrote:Captain Cleary,Yeo,Matterson,Hunt,Lomax and Clune for me tonight
    Always assumed your name was Dan, but looking at your avatar i guess it's Danielle?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:58 am

Khany wrote:Sirronen benched, Murray edge, Knight lock again

What do you mean again? This didn't happen last week.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:59 am

Explains a lot of the Haas/Taumalolo/Mofo ones where they bounce a guy off, make an extra 10 metres but 2 defenders stay connected

I want my half a linebreak...
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:00 am

surmo13 wrote:at least there's some sort of official explanation now, so basically, as far as TBs go, it's doesn't matter how many blokes bounce off a ball carrier if one guy has a hold of that player the whole time, it counts as 0.

Which kinda makes sense given coaches use these stats too. I mean, did you really break a tackle if you were held the whole time? Makes sense. I think CK was making it sound more involved and sophisticated than it probably is though.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:00 am

JSJSJSJ wrote:

All here nrl.com/news/2020/08/12/round-14-late-mail-robbo-coy-on-flanagan-recall-drinkwater-on-track/

I’m gonna say load of shite on that one.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 am