NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Aardvark wrote:

It always amazes me that players/clubs don't seem to have a clear understanding of rules.

Surely they should have someone at the organisation who is tasked with ensuring everyone is clear about what they can and can't do.

A resource for players and officials to ask 'can I go for lunch at the pub?' or 'can I go to the opening of a bikies barber shop?' or 'can we get the caxton to turn off the cameras for Alfies 50th'

Then you can just say to the players 'check with the COVID coordinator' before you do anything

I know the rules are fluid but it can't be that hard can it?

But they did have a clear understanding. They booked a pub lunch for the very day they were allowed to go for a pub lunch!

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:57 pm

This morning has been a wild ride for our Rabbits21  Rolling Laugh

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Probably just want to make one trade this week and hold onto 5.

What would you guys advise I do?

Rabbits21 wrote:

The Crichton to Tevaga trade is tempting though.

Re Pearce I think I’ll hold and hope for the best.

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I am considering bringing Tevaga in for S. Crichton (already have Latrell and Aubbs at centre) so Jazz is my 17th man and Siro my 18th man then.

Do you think it’s a good move?

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Maybe I will just hold trades this week.

Rabbits21 wrote:

I think I’ll hold trades possibly now in case Haas or Carrigan are involved and get some time on the sidelines then I’ll need the trades.

Rabbits21 wrote:Are any other Pearce owners fingers getting twitchy like me re a trade to Moses?

So tempting.

May give Pearce another week, but not sure yet.

For what it’s worth Rabs, I think you hold.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:03 pm

my tv broke wrote:

But they did have a clear understanding. They booked a pub lunch for the very day they were allowed to go for a pub lunch!

Yeah I know, but the conjecture/investigation seems to be that they were allowed to go to the restaurant but not the pub so the NRL are checking if anyone played the pokies or went to the bar.

It may have been easier to just go to a restaurant.

Edit: But it shouldn't be up to the players to interpret this they should be able to check with someone

Last edited by Aardvark on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:03 pm

If I trade out CS9(really don’t want to but my hand might be forced as I’ll be running HTF,Clune and Sironen this week) CS9 to Brimson allows me to trade Clune/HTF to Murray/Tevaga. Would only be left with 1 trade but what do you guys think?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:07 pm

my Round 13 squad (1101)

McInnes (82)
    Haas (78), SST (80)
    Yeo (55), Leilua (81), Taumalolo (66)
    Cleary (156c), DCE (57)
    Lomax (75), Herbie (35)
    Teddy (20), Ponga (103), HTF (24)

Hunt (54), Siro (26), Carrigan (41), Fogarty (68)

Almost the perfect round Shocked
    I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my score before the Sharks/Eels game
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Bellamy says it took a lot of convincing to give Finucane and Papy a rest last week (Storm website).

Seems pretty unlikely they'd get rested again this season given his comments.. if anyone was thinking that may happen, or looking to convince themselves on a trade out.
    Juggernauts
    Juggernauts

Post by Juggernauts Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:26 pm

My first week holding both trades this season! Has been a rough ride. Currently sitting at rank 444 with 3 trades left. Happy with my final 17 with Talau 18th man (Currently covering for Edwards). Luai probably the only player I wish was turned into someone a bit better but hopefully Penrith's easy run home bumps his average up over the next 7 weeks.

Tevaga
    Haas (C) Mofo
    Leilua Lolo Yeo
    Cleary (vc) SJ
    Critta Lomax
    Teddy Ponga Edwards

Hunt Carrigan RFM Luai
    Talau Randall KOD Wiliame
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Yeah I know, but the conjecture/investigation seems to be that they were allowed to go to the restaurant but not the pub so the NRL are checking if anyone played the pokies or went to the bar.

It may have been easier to just go to a restaurant.

Edit: But it shouldn't be up to the players to interpret this they should be able to check with someone

According to Sticky when commenting on Wayne he said there was, "you just pick up the phone and make a call"

In saying that what confused me in the article is Broncos travel to Sydney and get a 14 day hard lock down, but they play a side from Sydney and are only subject to QLD measures. Is that admitting the bubble has a leak ?? I'm guessing it's a QLD gov. requirement but don't they both pose the same risk ?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:34 pm

Slightly tempted to trade Flanagan out for one of Moses/Wighton
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:45 pm

I'm pretty set on trades this week so awaiting the plot twist leading up to the weekend that derails it all. Having it come after TLT is a tricky changeup.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Could someone please advise who's on the Warriors right edge? Thanks
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Really hoping Nat slides into the 13 tonight in updates
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Broncos star Tevita Pangai jnr has been stood down indefinitely by the NRL and fined $30,000.

The NRL has issued him with a breach notice after he failed to comply with the code’s biosecurity protocols.

The notice alleges multiple breaches by Pangai Junior of the protocols over a period of time.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:50 pm

Mulvy wrote:Could someone please advise who's on the Warriors right edge? Thanks

Anyone's guess at this stage.

My gut feel is that lil medium? papi starts there.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Really hoping Nat slides into the 13 tonight in updates

Specifically into the #13 role would be nice.

If he's edge it's probably due to Aubs moving to the CTRs, and I have both, and I think the Roosters as currently named nets more points.
    Cunbert
    Cunbert

Post by Cunbert Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:52 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on Lam?
    I have a few extra trades left so considering Lam and Tyrell Fui as a double cheapie.

Thanks.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:53 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Anyone's guess at this stage.

My gut feel is that lil medium? papi starts there.

Like the whole edge, I don't watch warriors games closely. It's Kodi correct? and centre and winger??
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:55 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Like the whole edge, I don't watch warriors games closely. It's Kodi correct? and centre and winger??

Oh, sorry!

Kodi, Hiku, Herbert.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Late Mail on NRL.com

Halfback Kyle Flanagan is named in jersey 21. Coach Trent Robinson played down his chances of a recall - at least to the starting side - saying that "Lachie [Lam] is in the [number] seven, he played there last week and he'll be out there [Thursday] night."

I think someone already reported this, but double confirmation. Really should've confirmed that forum bet. A Titans/Broncos fan like MTB really provides a rich array of comedy avatars right now.

Centre Brenko Lee is in the frame to return from a broken hand after being included on the reserves. Not one member of the Storm's line-up has experienced a victory at NRL level at the SCG.

@Welshy ^^^
    No quotes attached, but suggests if he's fit he plays, and not there as cover. I may also have too many centres in my fantasy squad with this development

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:57 pm

robelgordo wrote:I think someone already reported this, but double confirmation. Really should've confirmed that forum bet. A Titans/Broncos fan like MTB really provides a rich array of comedy avatars right now.

:pp: :pp: :pp:

bet stands

it aint over til its over!! Beer

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:55 am