NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:58 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

I thought Papy was on everyone's trade list a little while a go. Maybe most ended up holding

Definitely was not on everyone’s trade list. Why would anyone trade a WFB that averages close to 50?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:09 pm

RandomSil wrote:

I beat ya to it lol.

But you raise a valid point.

But for real, does anywhere else in Aus have an NRL Sponsored burger?

Roosters have a succulent cock burger, havent tried it though.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm

filthridden wrote:

I know most won't agree with this but I don't actually mind Lodge. He has come out and owned what he did, like Packer did and although some will never forgive him for it and that makes sense, he is clearly putting in a lot of effort to make sure he doesn't go down that track and nor do others.

Its players like Ferguson that I think are the worst - never owned what he did and as far as I can tell, never changed.
    This is exactly how I feel about Shane Flanagan.
    He should just man up. Will never happen though.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:30 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Definitely was not on everyone’s trade list. Why would anyone trade a WFB that averages close to 50?

At the time every one was trading him out he was averaging 37
    JSJSJSJ
    JSJSJSJ

Post by JSJSJSJ Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Heads up, it's my first year playing so my team is wacky AF.

Cook
    Napa, Collins
    JT13, B.Smith, Jurbo
    Cleary, Pearce
    Croker, M.Jennings
    Crichton, Teddy, Ponga

Fogarty, Starling, Jolliffe, Eisenhuth

To'a, Olakau'atu, Walters, Randall

7 Trades left, 20k in bank.

Any suggestions would be appreciated lol
    Thinking of moving on Walters but not sure what else to do, happy to use 2 trades this week
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:35 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/12/broncos-clear-players-over-pub-visit-day-after-sharks-loss/
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Are any other Pearce owners fingers getting twitchy like me re a trade to Moses?

So tempting.

May give Pearce another week, but not sure yet.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:37 pm

my tv broke wrote:Courier mail reporting that police investigating covid breach by ten broncos at everton park hotel.

Guess they all want out.

Not sure why it is a police matter though.. the bubble isnt law, just NRL rules

How surprising it amounted to nothing

"The Club has spoken at length to the players involved, who attended the hotel for lunch on Saturday, August 1 – the same day that players and staff inside the Club’s “COVID bubble” had transitioned back into more-relaxed Project Apollo Queensland restrictions."

Its almost as if they planned a lunch for the very day the rules were relaxed!
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:37 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/12/recalled-granville-looking-to-find-form-and-see-out-deal/
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:37 pm

As someone with only 2 Broncos/Raiders in my team (Haas+Carrigan who everyone has anyway), they definitely need to quarantine them all and postpone the game this weekend.

JSJSJSJ
    JSJSJSJ

Post by JSJSJSJ Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:38 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:nrl.com/news/2020/08/12/broncos-clear-players-over-pub-visit-day-after-sharks-loss/

They're still waiting on the NRL to clear it but doesn't seem like anything will come of it
    Chapper
    Chapper

Post by Chapper Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Are any other Pearce owners fingers getting twitchy like me re a trade to Moses?

So tempting.

May give Pearce another week, but not sure yet.

Very tempted, will leave me with 5 trades, if Lomax is ok I might just pull the trigger.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:43 pm

JSJSJSJ wrote:Heads up, it's my first year playing so my team is wacky AF.

Cook
    Napa, Collins
    JT13, B.Smith, Jurbo
    Cleary, Pearce
    Croker, M.Jennings
    Crichton, Teddy, Ponga

Fogarty, Starling, Jolliffe, Eisenhuth

To'a, Olakau'atu, Walters, Randall

7 Trades left, 20k in bank.

Any suggestions would be appreciated lol
    Thinking of moving on Walters but not sure what else to do, happy to use 2 trades this week

I'd probably look at something like Napa + Walters to a cashout (Hampton probably the pick) and a FRF under 744K - Klemmer & SST stand out. Or move Jollife into the starting side and Koro or Jazz are probably the picks around that price.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:44 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

In 684 teams of the top 1000, would have been close to 100% in preseason. So about 30% got rid of him

From memory, the week that everyone was talking about trading him out, there were a million other outs so people had to hold and then that very week he went large and everyone ended up holding. Which was fucking annoying as someone firmly in the hold Pappy camp.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:46 pm

JSJSJSJ wrote:

They're still waiting on the NRL to clear it but doesn't seem like anything will come of it

Its literally the exact same pub lunch that was reported over a week ago as "players drown sorrows over a few beers" the day after they lost to the Sharks.

Its embarrassing to have been reported the way it was today. Germs.

August 6th - https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2020-tevita-pangai-jr-calls-the-roosters-brisbane-broncos-anthony-seibold-column-james-hooper/news-story/14d9e3e5a03b885663f9b24a710ebe92

BRONCOS DROWN SORROWS AFTER SHARKS HEARTBREAKER
    Sometimes the more you try, the worse it gets. So some of the battling Broncos decided to down tools last Saturday night for a few beers and a laugh, a commodity in rare supply at Red Hill this season. Blowing the froth off a couple when nothing is going right on the field has long been a part of the rugby league folklore. Some would say it doesn’t happen often enough in an age governed by nutritionists and sports scientists.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Mulvy wrote:

From memory, the week that everyone was talking about trading him out, there were a million other outs so people had to hold and then that very week he went large and everyone ended up holding. Which was fucking annoying as someone firmly in the hold Pappy camp.

I bought RTS the week of his 82 with a vision to trade out pappy the next. Ended up being so many fires in my team so stuck with Teddy, RTS, Pappy Ponga now. Means I Am sweet if Ponga and teddy get rested tho
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:51 pm

Would anyone trade Pappy out over Perace?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:53 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I remember checking the numbers, early int he week he was heavily traded out then TLT came and people had to punt others. Agree it was annoying hahah.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:56 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/12/broncos-clear-players-over-pub-visit-day-after-sharks-loss/

It always amazes me that players/clubs don't seem to have a clear understanding of rules.

Surely they should have someone at the organisation who is tasked with ensuring everyone is clear about what they can and can't do.

A resource for players and officials to ask 'can I go for lunch at the pub?' or 'can I go to the opening of a bikies barber shop?' or 'can we get the caxton to turn off the cameras for Alfies 50th'

Then you can just say to the players 'check with the COVID coordinator' before you do anything

I know the rules are fluid but it can't be that hard can it?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Mulvy wrote:

That sums up how all my planned trades went down

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:38 am