NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Revraiser Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:14 pm

Is the 4 trades left club about average ?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:37 pm

Please allow me to pull up a chair and pen the thoughts in my head. Sorry I had to do it here, but it'll help to see my thoughts in print.

This week. or maybe next, I need to farewell Grant from my team. With a favourable TLT, I could probably hold fire one more week and field a pretty strong 17. Why would you do that, fool? I hear you ask.

With $4K currently in the bank, I really need to be sensible with this trade and bring in a keeper who is currently very well valued so I have cash for future acquisitions.

So I've narrowed it down to three, possibly four guys;

Moses
    A.Reynolds
    Brooks
    N.Brown

Nathan Brown probably isn't a real consideration but interesting at his price. I'm just not a mad fan of his volatility, as much as I'm aching to have an Eel in my team. But I don't need someone who might skip a week at any given time, for any reason. So as much as I dig him, I'll cross him off.

With Walters gone for the year, Brooks' job security is probably pretty decent now, but I'm a bit worried his confidence may have been rattled by the recent demotion. Holding a week with the trade would allow me to see if he can bounce back, and most likely he'll lose even more cash. His price is pretty insane at the moment, but I'd prefer to see him start to ascend before taking a punt.

The main two I'm looking at are Moses or Reynolds. Very similar propositions and the main difference for me is Moses probably starts to make money this week, whereas Reynolds possibly drops some more. Both incredibly similar in terms of KM, goal kicking, both in decent looking teams... for me, Moses dealing with a hungrier, more involved five eighth in Brown, whereas Reynolds more likely to dominate point accumulation alongside the less enthusiastic Walker. Moses probably a bit more likely to make a big play for the odd boom score. Plus, he's an Eel and I really want an Eel in my team.

But Moses has already been in and out of my team this year with the calf issue, and as I'm currently experiencing with Koro, I'm not a mad fan of bringing discarded players back into my team. The exception here being that Moses comes at a heavily discounted price.

So in summary, I kind of want Moses, but I also like the idea of sitting on Reynolds/Brooks over the weekend and seeing if one of them make it hard to go past.

Third side to the coin is that I also own Pearce. And if he is poor again this week I'll be looking at punting him, probably also for one of these guys.

So, as the mice in my head gain momentum, I wonder if the best move might be to trade Grant for Moses this week, hold Pearce, see how Reynolds and Brooks go, and if Pearce is poor again and one of the other two fire, I'll bring in one of those guys next week for Pearce? Sounds decent? I think so?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:43 pm

@Teeth Eater I'd stay clear of Brooks. No half is safe in tiger land.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:45 pm

Lots of talk on Souths forums expecting Murray to stay in the second row and Knight to lock with Sironen back to the bench. Geez it would stuff lots of us over.....
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:57 pm

WT2K wrote:@Teeth Eater I'd stay clear of Brooks. No half is safe in tiger land.

Haha. Yeah, I did have Josh Reynolds sitting in the back of my mind, but assumed he'd more likely share minutes with Liddle until Grant returns, if anything. But yeah, you're right... it's a risky team to take a punt on in terms of anyone's job security.

At least with Moses and Reynolds that's a complete non-issue.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:58 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Lots of talk on Souths forums expecting Murray to stay in the second row and Knight to lock with Sironen back to the bench. Geez it would stuff lots of us over.....

After last week, I'd be floored if that didn't happen. Wink
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:59 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Lots of talk on Souths forums expecting Murray to stay in the second row and Knight to lock with Sironen back to the bench. Geez it would stuff lots of us over.....

I had the choice of so many guns and I chose Murray as my McCullough replacement.

Su'A is back this week though no?
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Loomer wrote:Holy Moley starting Manly 2RF for rest of season would allow me 2 great trades and keep Angus. It's not happening is it
    Short answer is no.
    Ideally he gets a bench role on the back of a good performance.
    I hope he does, but probably not.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:10 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:

I had the choice of so many guns and I chose Murray as my McCullough replacement.

Su'A is back this week though no?
    Yes he is back this week Su’a.

Knight played lock in a few games at the start of the season and it didn’t work out. Knight has been best off the bench for us this season.

I’m still quite confident that Sironen will keep his spot in the 12 jersey. He’s likely to see around 55mins again though I reckon with either Murray moving to second row for Koloa to play the last 25mins in the middle or for Koloa to play in the second row.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:25 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Please allow me to pull up a chair and pen the thoughts in my head. Sorry I had to do it here, but it'll help to see my thoughts in print.

This week. or maybe next, I need to farewell Grant from my team. With a favourable TLT, I could probably hold fire one more week and field a pretty strong 17. Why would you do that, fool? I hear you ask.

With $4K currently in the bank, I really need to be sensible with this trade and bring in a keeper who is currently very well valued so I have cash for future acquisitions.

So I've narrowed it down to three, possibly four guys;

Moses
    A.Reynolds
    Brooks
    N.Brown

Nathan Brown probably isn't a real consideration but interesting at his price. I'm just not a mad fan of his volatility, as much as I'm aching to have an Eel in my team. But I don't need someone who might skip a week at any given time, for any reason. So as much as I dig him, I'll cross him off.

With Walters gone for the year, Brooks' job security is probably pretty decent now, but I'm a bit worried his confidence may have been rattled by the recent demotion. Holding a week with the trade would allow me to see if he can bounce back, and most likely he'll lose even more cash. His price is pretty insane at the moment, but I'd prefer to see him start to ascend before taking a punt.

The main two I'm looking at are Moses or Reynolds. Very similar propositions and the main difference for me is Moses probably starts to make money this week, whereas Reynolds possibly drops some more. Both incredibly similar in terms of KM, goal kicking, both in decent looking teams... for me, Moses dealing with a hungrier, more involved five eighth in Brown, whereas Reynolds more likely to dominate point accumulation alongside the less enthusiastic Walker. Moses probably a bit more likely to make a big play for the odd boom score. Plus, he's an Eel and I really want an Eel in my team.

But Moses has already been in and out of my team this year with the calf issue, and as I'm currently experiencing with Koro, I'm not a mad fan of bringing discarded players back into my team. The exception here being that Moses comes at a heavily discounted price.

So in summary, I kind of want Moses, but I also like the idea of sitting on Reynolds/Brooks over the weekend and seeing if one of them make it hard to go past.

Third side to the coin is that I also own Pearce. And if he is poor again this week I'll be looking at punting him, probably also for one of these guys.

So, as the mice in my head gain momentum, I wonder if the best move might be to trade Grant for Moses this week, hold Pearce, see how Reynolds and Brooks go, and if Pearce is poor again and one of the other two fire, I'll bring in one of those guys next week for Pearce? Sounds decent? I think so?
    How many trades left mate?

Out of all those 4 I’d want Moses.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:56 pm

I remember wacko started his late mail rubbish on sportal and some how conned his way into a proper job.

He knows as much.as the rest of us but is one of few who can be assed writing it into
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:40 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    How many trades left mate?

Out of all those 4 I’d want Moses.

6 trades left right now.
    Cake Tiger
    Cake Tiger

Post by Cake Tiger Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:18 am

B/L wrote:I remember wacko started his late mail rubbish on sportal and some how conned his way into a proper job.

He knows as much.as the rest of us but is one of few who can be assed writing it into

Haha, he used to get really annoyed if anyone called him out on some of his bullshit mail. Made out like he was doing us all a massive favour with all his "inside info" - inside his anus maybe?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:20 am

Revraiser wrote:Is the 4 trades left club about average ?
    More than me!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:38 am

Revraiser wrote:Is the 4 trades left club about average ?

4 after getting rid of Robson this week Evil or Very Mad
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:52 am

This week I'll be running out with McInnes, Cook, Haas, Taumalolo, Cleary, DCE and Teddy in my side and 6 trades left.

Can't remember ever having so many uber guns in my side. Pitty about my 1200 rank though.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:00 am

Fraser wrote:This week I'll be running out with McInnes, Cook, Haas, Taumalolo, Cleary, DCE and Teddy in my side and 6 trades left.

Can't remember ever having so many uber guns in my side. Pitty about my 1200 rank though.

What’s ya bench look like?
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:14 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

What’s ya bench look like?

Easier to post the whole team I guess.

McInnes
    Haas MoFo
    Tolo Yeo Butcher
    Cleary DCE
    Manu Crichton
    Teddy RTS Papy

Cook Carrigan Fogarty Starling
    Sironen Randall HTF Niu

I'll be looping Starling and Sironen this week
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:40 am

Fraser wrote:

Easier to post the whole team I guess.

McInnes
    Haas MoFo
    Tolo Yeo Butcher
    Cleary DCE
    Manu Crichton
    Teddy RTS Papy

Cook Carrigan Fogarty Starling
    Sironen Randall HTF Niu

I'll be looping Starling and Sironen this week

wow you have an amazing team. Will surely be shooting up the rankings. Probably only other main targets you have would be Ponga and a better 17th man.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:52 am

Khany wrote:Am cautious of trading in broncos players during this whole soap opera.

I think Fifita could have a few really low effort games from here. His future is sorted and its not at the Broncos, who could blame him for phoning it in. Picturing some heated video sessions where players are arguing, meanwhile Fifita playing Angry Birds* in the back corner, "sup guys?"

*is angry birds still a thing? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:49 am