NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:48 am

Camo123 wrote:
    Bateman matching up against Te’o should be interesting to say the least (assuming Fifita stays on the right)

Last time Teo started he only played 30 mins and didnt come back. Maybe the same again with Riki coming on there.

Kind of excited to see Riki. He has looked good in small bits I've seen of him. Would have debuted in round 1 if it weren't for injury (was ahead of Hoppa, etc), its taken him until now to get game fit unfortunately.

Unrelated but I had an NRL Fantasy dream last night, not the best type of fantasy to dream about. Was one of those anxiety dreams, was 5 mins to lock out and i couldnt get the app to work to fix my lineup which was all fucked up. For some reason I had Jackson Ford in the second row and HTF and some other nobody I'd never heard of at WFB. What a nightmare.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy Part 74 - The Mods are Asleep Edition

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:50 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I only have 1 hooker though which is concerning me.

Lucy now Mbye is back at centre probs won’t get good ball off Brooks. Lucy can’t keep his try scoring up either so I think we have seen the best of his scoring for the season. 

I am considering Lucy to Cook. Lucy is probs around a 50 point scorer from this point on whilst Cook should be mid 60’s.

The Crichton to Tevaga trade is tempting though.

Re Pearce I think I’ll hold and hope for the best.

Cook has a high BE so you could wait a week. Lucy has the potential to go big against the Doggies this week.
    Bringing Tevaga in could provide the needed cover
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:55 am

There must be more to the Pangai story, I don't see why he would get the sack for breaching the Covid bubble.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:00 am

Interestingly re. Fuimaono & Sims

NRL Physio: Tariq Sims is expected to miss 6 weeks after suffering a high grade AC joint injury. Thankfully does not require surgery. Whilst often more a pain tolerance/function issue, time often needed for healing in high grade sprains (small fracture?). Still early return wouldn’t surprise
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:01 am

Chewie wrote:There must be more to the Pangai story, I don't see why he would get the sack for breaching the Covid bubble.

I actually don't think there is. It's a line in the sand moment that has been drawn at the wrong time. Its just typical of how poorly the club has been managed over the past two years. Like any business, whenever you lose your best talent, its clear indication there is a problem with management.

Haas will be next if they aren't careful.

Chris Garry
    @ChrisGarry7
    BRONCO Pangai Jnr's contract to be torn up after he breached COVID rules deliberately. Broncos board decided the flagrant act is enough to cancel his contract with the club. Comes on the back of him talking to Nick Politis. They've had enough.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:05 am; edited 4 times in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:02 am

Camo123 wrote:Interestingly re. Fuimaono & Sims

NRL Physio: Tariq Sims is expected to miss 6 weeks after suffering a high grade AC joint injury. Thankfully does not require surgery. Whilst often more a pain tolerance/function issue, time often needed for healing in high grade sprains (small fracture?). Still early return wouldn’t surprise
    Fui a likely trade in for me because I can keep Munster and play a decent 2RF option in his place for peanuts
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:11 am

Averillo hip injury disguise for being dropped??

Post before TLT said he was available for selection and yes he has injury, but that edge got slaughtered on the weekend
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:31 am

Any chance Host nabs the starting spot from Fui on game day? Looking at his scores he's all over the shop, and needs decent minutes for a half decent score. I guess Fyi has always been the preferred backup option when Sims is out.

I still keep coming back to Paseka though.....
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:35 am

Chewie wrote:There must be more to the Pangai story, I don't see why he would get the sack for breaching the Covid bubble.

From news article

"The Tongan international attended the opening of a barber shop in Brisbane on Saturday which was raided by Queensland Police and has ties to the Mongols motorcycle group."
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:42 am

Things aren't looking good for Robson, so he's my #1 trade out priority this week. Have both Pearce and Young. Pearce gets another week as I don't think he'll lose much money and there's a chance he comes right. Undecided on Young. Think Munster is worth holding.

3k ITB, 6 trades before this week.
    Team:
    Trade options:

Any thoughts on those would be much appreciated.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:46 am

Three options I’m considering this week.

Grant + young = Tevaga + Lomax

Or

Grant + heatherington = cook + Hampton

Or just hold grant and save trades.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:48 am

Lol, that bikie hairdresser is like 10 minutes from where I live.  And is across the road from the high svhool I went to.
    S hould have went down and got a snap with the big man. Beer
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:50 am

Welshy wrote:
    Fui a likely trade in for me because I can keep Munster and play a decent 2RF option in his place for peanuts

Fuimaono is not my favourite player to watch, but is a cheap option to fill the gaps
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 am

As usual... no clue what to do. Will make my decision tomorrow. Fifita is a definite in this week... not sure who for, whether it be for Young.. or for Randall and keep Young 1 more week.
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:01 am

You’d think Flanagan would come in this week if he’s going to? Otherwise if lam plays well and the roosters win he pretty much fully deserves to keep his spot ? Interesting situation
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:06 am

Erin Moleman wrote:You’d think Flanagan would come in this week if he’s going to? Otherwise if lam plays well and the roosters win he pretty much fully deserves to keep his spot ? Interesting situation

I know Roosters have a few outs too... but if Storm with no Smith and no Munster can beat the Roosters I will be very chuffed.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:06 am

wolfking wrote:Any chance Host nabs the starting spot from Fui on game day?  Looking at his scores he's all over the shop, and needs decent minutes for a half decent score.  I guess Fyi has always been the preferred backup option when Sims is out.

I still keep coming back to Paseka though.....

Trust the gut mate
    Erin Moleman
    Erin Moleman

Post by Erin Moleman Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:08 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I know Roosters have a few outs too... but if Storm with no Smith and no Munster can beat the Roosters I will be very chuffed.

Roosters will definitely want one back after the epic early in the year
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:13 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Trust the gut mate

Need to ring Harvey Norman so I can get both lol.

Fui with a BE that he can come in next week if need be.

Last edited by wolfking on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:13 am

Erin Moleman wrote:You’d think Flanagan would come in this week if he’s going to? Otherwise if lam plays well and the roosters win he pretty much fully deserves to keep his spot ? Interesting situation

I think he was legitimately dropped and won't come in.

All other players the Roosters have not played they've said it's precautionary due to coming off HIA (Teddy) or a niggle (JWH, B/J Moz), and they've been straight back in.

Why go through the effort of saying someone was dropped, then naming them in 21 the following week?

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 12:00 am