NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion

Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion

Post by Jumping Marlin Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:13 am

B/L wrote:JM - You survived because of an idol last week, do you have further tricks up your sleeve, anything you care to share ?

No tricks. No sleeves.

Anything else to share - sure - why not.  

I am most likely to join the jury tonight.  On this I have to say:

> Voting at tribal is much like making a trade.  You need to do it to balance your team and for best long term gains.
    > 2020 trading strategy has been different to prior years as no bye planning was required.  Therefore, less thought to strategy tactics
    > A vote for me tonight is akin to 2020 trading strategy.  Less strategic, more short term.
    > Why not recall glorious past years where your bye planning strategy paid off.  How good did you feel as you sailed past those with poor bye planning?  Bloody good, right?
    > Let me be the fantasy version of your bye planning strategy and keep me in the game this week for the betterment of your longer term game.

You know it makes sense.  
    Wink

I am amusing myself at least.  
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion

Post by standard-issue Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:41 am

B/L wrote:SI - Have you been taking it easy the past week, knowing you are into the final 5 or spending the free time securing some alliances?

Yes mate, I have been taking it easy. My stress levels are definitely down but the weight is creeping up. A lack of scrambling and mental anguish has my metabolism sitting at lowest ever records. I did consider a light jog this morning, but then that meme that Sloth posted after he left the Island sprang to mind:

Fanatics Survivor - Tribal discussion - Page 4 Giphy

On a deeply individual note, for those who have followed my torment on the forums in trying to learn how to post a GIF over the last decade, this last fortnight has clearly been a blessing for my personal development  Very Happy

As far as securing some alliances goes, there was no need. I am confident in the tribesmen I am surrounded by currently.
    Friendly Neighbour
    Friendly Neighbour

Post by Friendly Neighbour Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:25 am

B/L wrote:SI - Have you been taking it easy the past week, knowing you are into the final 5 or spending the free time securing some alliances ?
    MS - Do you think immunity has saved you tonight ? How does it feel to now be a swing vote instead of potentially being on the chopping block and how will you use that to your advantage ?
    JM - You survived because of an idol last week, do you have further tricks up your sleeve, anything you care to share ?
    Wolfie - It can probably be argued its a surprise you have made it this far given how precarious your position in the game has been at times, what are you doing to ensure you dont fall short of the final 3....because it certainly isnt winning challenges.
    Mulvy - Your alliance has been picked off 1 by 1, what can you do to avoid being next ?
    Jele - Does the fact an idol influenced last weeks results make you nervous about the fact it could happen again tonight ?

Hi diddly ho B/L Lapaglia, how come I don't darn diddly get a question? I’ve done everything the Bible says – even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff! Diddly.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Sorry Ned, what is the goss out on the grapevine ?
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:04 pm

Mulvy - With the way the challenge unfolded this week, was there any shenanigans with how the bids unfolded ?
    Jele - Do you think a big move tonight could enhance someones chances of winning the game ?
    MS - You may potentially be on the chopping block tonight, what pledge can you make to those remaining to keep you safe tonight ?
    SI - Are you concerned your game play may be deemed a little "soft cockish" ?
    Wolfie - Final 4, how does it feel ? Whats your strategy to make it to the end without revealing too much ?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:17 pm

B/L wrote:
    MS - You may potentially be on the chopping block tonight, what pledge can you make to those remaining to keep you safe tonight ?

No doubt about it this challenge was a deliberate hit job

Based on the way it played out there was obviously shenanigans going on behind closed doors. Once I had my hooker from round 1 all the bids on hooker were practically free. Once I had my forward pack from round 2 all the bids on forwards were barely above minimum. The fact that the best fantasy player in the game went for under 150k with 4 bidders is simply ludicrous

That kind of strategy in the final 5 is pretty much unheard of in Survivor.

I am be the easy vote this week and I do expect to get all 4 votes, but the game doesn't end after this week.

It's obvious to all watching on that the remaining 4 are split down the middle. Wolfie+Jele have been tight since the tribe swap and Mulvy+SI have been together since the Black Widow days. So what can I offer? Getting rid of me this week ensures a coin flip next week. No one is willing to waiver from their pair so there is no other outcome. Keeping me around gives you a majority, simple as that. You want someone voting on your side next week and into the future this is the time to do it.

Or you would want to make sure you win immunity next week
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:30 pm

The rumblings of a man at the end of the noose.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:11 pm

B/L wrote:Wolfie - Final 4, how does it feel ? Whats your strategy to make it to the end without revealing too much ?

To make top 4 is an amazing feeling to be honest. From the positions I've been in since the start, I'm quite happy with myself for getting this far, I will say. I'm not sure on a strategy for next week because I've never really looked too far ahead. With the players left though, any one of us are worthy winners so I don't really have a strategy so far. Who knows what you have in store for us and I guess it all comes down to challenges first and foremost.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:01 am

B/L wrote:Jele - Do you think a big move tonight could enhance someones chances of winning the game ?

I guess any move at this stage of the game could be seen as a big move. Although the big moves so far haven't quite worked out as planned, it wouldn't surprise me if there was still some scrambling and skullduggery going on behind the scenes... it is survivor, after all.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:56 pm

B/L wrote:Mulvy - With the way the challenge unfolded this week, was there any shenanigans with how the bids unfolded ?

Sorry guys forgot about the questions again. Absolutely there was shenanigans. I've already admitted that to MS.

It wasn't quite what we intended, but when we saw that MS had filled his entire forward pack, that's when we decided to go all in on shit cuntery.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:03 pm

I haven’t played the game like it’s generally played B/L, yep.

But I assume maybe there are a few in the real Survivor that maybe are the same? It can’t all be back stabbing and fuckery surely? Or is it? Either way, I made the vow when I started to see how far I could go without changing my personality. I figure that’s boring for some, but when I leave the Island I will have my head held high.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:38 pm

@ SI - Would you rather keep your soft cock image, then win the game ?
    @ Wolfie - Final 3 is a big achievement, do you plan on using your immunity as a bargaining chip next week ?
    @ Mulvy - Are we going to see a 2/2 split tonight or has someone got something up their sleeve ?
    @ Jele - Who do you think is your biggest threat going into the GF ?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:28 pm

B/L wrote:@ SI - Would you rather keep your soft cock image, then win the game ?

Si says si! Yes I would B/L.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:28 pm

B/L wrote:
    @ Wolfie - Final 3 is a big achievement, do you plan on using your immunity as a bargaining chip next week ?

Thanks boss.  I never would have imagined back in the early days of Minto I could acheive top 3.  I must say, I'm quite chuffed with myself, I am happy with the game I've played.

I don't think I'll really use my win as a barganing chip.  I've had great ties with a lot of people but I've never really played that way and won't start now.  Our top 4 is a great team and I can confidently say all four would be happy with any one of us winning.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:58 pm

B/L wrote:
    @ Mulvy - Are we going to see a 2/2 split tonight or has someone got something up their sleeve ?

As usual NFI.

I don't even have any sleeves anymore. Six months on this island and most of my clothes have been shredded to pieces. I reckon I'd go okay at building a fire though.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:07 pm

B/L wrote:@ Jele - Who do you think is your biggest threat going into the GF ?

Right now I'm just hoping to get through tonight. Biggest threat? Fool coaches putting their NRL clubs over our fantasy teams and resting players...
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Mulvy wrote:

As usual NFI.

I don't even have any sleeves anymore. Six months on this island and most of my clothes have been shredded to pieces. I reckon I'd go okay at building a fire though.

Can you build a boat though?
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:48 pm

Wolfie, Mulvy please give your pitch to Jele as why it is within his best interest to take you through to the final 2.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Jele, you should pick me because Mulvy sucks. Razz
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:44 am

wolfking wrote:Jele, you should pick me because Mulvy sucks. Razz

Indeed I do! Can't believe I made it this far. Given how much I suck, Jele should take me through as I will be easier to defeat in the final!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 pm