NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹ - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Post by mattnz Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:54 pm

Lockout is lifted
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹ - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Post by Mr Snrub Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:54 pm

Trading time.

Need to trade Macca. Can't afford McInnes, Cook or Smith in one trade and I have no HOK coverage. Do I trade in Tevaga so I have depth or just roll the dice on a player in another position.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:55 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Speaking of Broncos, what happened to Haas this year? He's still racking up stats so fantasy players don't care, but his on field presence has basically disappeared.

When was the last time he actually physically dominated a team. Part of that is the whole team itself has gone to shit, and I know he's still pretty young. But I am surprised he is maintaining his fantasy scoring given the difference in on-field effectiveness. is it just because he's being made to play massive minutes?

I was thinking this the other day Haas is not dominating physically as a prop. He should be taking the first hit up of most sets to put his team on the front foot & exert his dominance but a lot of the time he doesn't.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:56 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I wonder if Booze will see this.

Lucky..... But seriously don't have anyone on the foes list
    Anyways how can I copy your team/trades if I can't see it

Just mucking around, only a forum for a free fantasy game after all.
    Or is this a fantasy game within a game?

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:57 pm

Boozecluez wrote:On another note, anyone enjoying the uninterrupted season with Origin now at the end?
    It's nice the mid season momentum hasn't been lost when the focus shifts to origin

With Covid maybe the time is now to revamp the comp, though still enjoying this year with some teams like the emergence of Eels/Panthers/Knights playing some exciting footy and mixing things up a bit

I would also be happy enough with everyone playing each other once for an intense season
    Extra teams could be added as much depth wouldn't be needed due to the length but that has it's own factors too
    Ultimately it comes down to TV $$$ but one can dream

If they learn anything then the structure of this years comp should hopefully be a start

We will have to wait until the end of the season to see the real impact. Origin is the games show piece and I believe the quality will be down this year. Combination of players carrying niggling injuries, non finals players not having played in 6 weeks and only 7 day turn arounds, this series is going to be a blood bath. How do you prepare for the games? Take in a 20 man squad and pray for no injuries? Take in a 30 man squad where most of the guys know they won't get a crack but have to delay offseason surgery for an already short turnaround?

At the end of the day it comes down to dollars that keep our great game running and the most dollars comes from a mid season origin series with plenty of build up
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:58 pm

easy trading today.

AMac to CMac

JTB to Siro

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:58 pm

Teddy looks a lot more palatable at 886k....
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:00 am

Moses at 666k Twisted Evil
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:00 am

Boozecluez wrote:

HEB EI FAI, HEB EI ENI

That's the sound I make when I take a dump.... intruiging....
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:01 am

Boozecluez wrote:On another note, anyone enjoying the uninterrupted season with Origin now at the end?
    It's nice the mid season momentum hasn't been lost when the focus shifts to origin

With Covid maybe the time is now to revamp the comp, though still enjoying this year with some teams like the emergence of Eels/Panthers/Knights playing some exciting footy and mixing things up a bit

I would also be happy enough with everyone playing each other once for an intense season
    Extra teams could be added as much depth wouldn't be needed due to the length but that has it's own factors too
    Ultimately it comes down to TV $$$ but one can dream

If they learn anything then the structure of this years comp should hopefully be a start

Yeah bro. Love it being at the end. Hopefully they add and International Comp at the end too.

I am a big fan of a shorter season. First, it's fair to have all teams play each other once. Second, each win and loss would matter more. Teams would be fresher after 15 games than 24 in the old system. If you have greater spectacles, more people want to watch. Makes each game more important. Rather than it is now where 3 back to back losses is still a recoverable season
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:02 am

Mulvy wrote:

I wonder if Booze will see this.

His or mine ?

The friend or foe feature certainly adds another pointless discussion hater for the haters to hate. U feel me ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:03 am

Any thoughts on Matterson, he'll play and soldier on as the man I brought in ? Or jump to anyone ?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:04 am

Camo123 wrote:Moses at 666k Twisted Evil

Wow. I was going to keep Pearce for the season but a 6k jump between guns is hard to Ignore-... Worse than that, I have Flanno and Hunt anyway..
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:06 am

Still got 350k after Havili>Ponga and Fogarty>Johnson.

Will be able to turn Crichton into anyone sub 930k or turn Hammer/Fermor into anyone sub 700k
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:07 am

RandomSil wrote:

I am glad they are taking the piss because they sre right they dont decide the stats.

Unfortunately for the Fantasy guys, "Stats Perform" don't really have an online presence for people to vent their frustration at (and most people wouldn't know who does the stats in any case), so as the public face, Lone Scout/CK have to cop it all.

They also didn't help themselves a few weeks ago with the Latrell situation by saying (paraphrasing) "we don't control the stats but we'll forward the query on to our stats providers and expect a change"
    After Latrell lost his TA, it certainly gave the impression LoneScout/CK have some control over the stats, even if it isn't true.

Giving the bonus trades a few weeks ago also helped cement the impression that if you complain about it, you can get results.

So in the sense, they have brought things on themselves.

Would be interesting to know if stats have gotten "worse" or if people are just more vocal about complaining, but it seems to me its as bad as its ever been for people whinging about stats.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:08 am

Revraiser wrote:Any thoughts on Matterson, he'll play and soldier on as the man I brought in ? Or jump to anyone ?

Will probably miss this week but back to business as usual the week after. A hold for mine
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:11 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Will probably miss this week but back to business as usual the week after. A hold for mine

Mmm going to be hard for me to hold, I've been more patient this year than ever b4 but still want to be on the front foot
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:13 am

Revraiser wrote:Any thoughts on Matterson, he'll play and soldier on as the man I brought in ? Or jump to anyone ?

He'll probably sit out the week, he could barely stay on his feet after it happened and Fergo had to keep him upright. Given his history he might be out longer but no need to panic trade yet.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:15 am

Haha just playing around and Robson/Norman > Twal/Cam is exciting
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:17 am

If I only have 5 trades left (Don't ask, I think most of them were spent on CTR's) is a smarter move with Macca to hold him for another week or two so I can trade in Munster or Moses at a discount price?

Won't lose value and I can hold trades in case there's more carnage in the next week or two.

If I want to finish in the top 1000 this year (Currently 572), I think I'm going to have to play the long con here.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:29 am