NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹ - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 am

Milchcow wrote:

Speaking of Broncos, what happened to Haas this year? He's still racking up stats so fantasy players don't care, but his on field presence has basically disappeared.

When was the last time he actually physically dominated a team. Part of that is the whole team itself has gone to shit, and I know he's still pretty young. But I am surprised he is maintaining his fantasy scoring given the difference in on-field effectiveness. is it just because he's being made to play massive minutes?

Definitely extra minutes. Most of the time he is defending a little wider at B or C rather than A like last year, which means he dominates less rucks since he is 3rd man in rather than initial contact. Also blunts his attacking output with most of his offloads amounting to nothing. Broncos would be way better off with Haas playing 60ish minutes
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹ - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 67 - You get an injury, you get an injury, and you get an injury! ☹

Post by Camo123 Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 am

Milchcow wrote:

Speaking of Broncos, what happened to Haas this year? He's still racking up stats so fantasy players don't care, but his on field presence has basically disappeared.

When was the last time he actually physically dominated a team. Part of that is the whole team itself has gone to shit, and I know he's still pretty young. But I am surprised he is maintaining his fantasy scoring given the difference in on-field effectiveness. is it just because he's being made to play massive minutes?
    I do wonder if he makes Origin after missing 2nd and 3rd Origin last year. As you say his stats are always good but he’s been caught out on the goalline a few times recently (Grant try the other week an example)
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 am

my tv broke wrote:

OR we have someone like Bullemor who we genuinely think will be a starter in 2021.

And when i mentioned the same thing about Billy Walters you ripped me a new one....
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 am

Milchcow wrote:

I think its just been the lack of support around him. He still takes strong carries but they are less effective off the back of a slow ruck.

In 2019 Lodge was laying the platform, averaging 160m a game and then Paas would run off the back of Lodge who would dent hte line.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 am

Fortitude wrote:Obviously this will never happen, but would be good to see some of the games 'stars' go to some of the struggling clubs, like Titans, Warriors, Cowboys to help rebuild, take a pay cut and offer experience.

Like the opposite of what Cronk did. (not having a go at him).

Same deal for EPL, would be great to see De Bryne, Sterling, Messi or Penaldo slug it out for Norwich, Everton or Man U, one of the lower down shitty teams.
    Like you said mate, would never happen unless they are over the hill and 36+ can you imagine a prime De Bruyne playing for Crystal Palace lol
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:31 am

Lol NRL Fantasy replied with this on FB about the Mann try assist

"We take the official stats from the official stats provider. It's not our decision how stats are allocated for a particular game, however having watched Rugby League for many many years, it is pretty clear interpretation of stats and rules can be subjective."
    deathbywarriors
    deathbywarriors

Post by deathbywarriors Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:31 am

Fortitude wrote:Obviously this will never happen, but would be good to see some of the games 'stars' go to some of the struggling clubs, like Titans, Warriors, Cowboys to help rebuild, take a pay cut and offer experience.

Same deal for EPL, would be great to see De Bryne, Sterling, Messi or Penaldo slug it out for Norwich, Everton or Man U, one of the lower down shitty teams.

Lovely little dig at Man U/Everton
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:32 am

So so good lol!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:32 am

Moanaman wrote:

And when i mentioned the same thing about Billy Walters you ripped me a new one....

Eh? Think the circumstances are a bit different..

I wouldnt even start Bullemor, too young and raw, was just the first player that came to mind.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:34 am

Revraiser wrote:

Lol havent actually blocked anyone, just tempting.
    Secret thread ? That would be the looping thread for me, haven't viewed it once.

Haha was just playing around with it, anyways I look at it more as a 'Filtered reading experience'
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:35 am

Guys anyone seen Booze lately? Ain’t seeing any of his posts clearly....
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:35 am

NRL Fantasy FB on Mofo TS

"Jayden, we hoped we'd go 1 week without a Latrell-related whinge.. but alas, he doesn't play and we still managed to get one. Thank you Smile"
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:40 am

my tv broke wrote:

The only issue with this is, they are in danger of just turning into what the Broncos are now. Talked up as becoming the best pack in the comp, but get walked over every week because there's too many young forwards.

They needed to keep James around, and probably Proctor.

Is James being released??? He's the only big money player there I would bother keeping. Great influence and Titans die hard
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:41 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Is James being released??? He's the only big money player there I would bother keeping. Great influence and Titans die hard
    Signing for Raiders apparently
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:42 am

Revraiser wrote:So after looking into the friend or foe feature it seems only Boozy and LB have posted since Friday anyway. Who woulda.

:pp:

I wonder if Booze will see this.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:44 am

Loomer wrote:NRL Fantasy FB on Mofo TS

"Jayden, we hoped we'd go 1 week without a Latrell-related whinge.. but alas, he doesn't play and we still managed to get one. Thank you Smile"

I am glad they are taking the piss because they sre right they dont decide the stats.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:45 am

Welshy wrote:
    Signing for Raiders apparently

Wow. James and Papalii together is a great starting prop duo

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:45 am

On another note, anyone enjoying the uninterrupted season with Origin now at the end?
    It's nice the mid season momentum hasn't been lost when the focus shifts to origin

With Covid maybe the time is now to revamp the comp, though still enjoying this year with some teams like the emergence of Eels/Panthers/Knights playing some exciting footy and mixing things up a bit

I would also be happy enough with everyone playing each other once for an intense season
    Extra teams could be added as much depth wouldn't be needed due to the length but that has it's own factors too
    Ultimately it comes down to TV $$$ but one can dream

If they learn anything then the structure of this years comp should hopefully be a start
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:46 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Wow. James and Papalii together is a great starting prop duo

Imagine if they kept Paulo.

Lui in his current form too. Last 3 games he has been huge.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:54 am

Welshy wrote:Guys anyone seen Booze lately? Ain’t seeing any of his posts clearly....

HEB EI FAI, HEB EI ENI

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:47 pm