NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:05 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Its seeing the full circle, come right around, simple stuff but hilarious.

I feel sorry for you guys :p
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition

Post by Revraiser Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:05 pm

wolfking wrote:Is there a general consensus on where you are ranked based on who to captain?  Is the general rule of thumb the higher you are ranked, the safer the captaincy play or vice versa?

Its key hey, stay with the pack, jump ahead or drop off.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:06 pm

wolfking wrote:Is there a general consensus on where you are ranked based on who to captain?  Is the general rule of thumb the higher you are ranked, the safer the captaincy play or vice versa?

Go against the grain - Nofo for captain!

I'm going Teddy again this week, live and die by the sword (for the record I was doing it last week as well before it was cool)

I'm not concerned about safety, I have 6* players that no one else in top 10 has, so anything could happen any week
    (*7 if I  including Tevaga which is likely going to change)
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:06 pm

my tv broke wrote:Thursday afternoon, must be captaincy chat time, in no order.

Haas - ever reliable, the common option. He played 80 mins last week for the first time since round 5, will he do it again? Against the Storm in what looks like wet weather conditions, a reasonable option as always unless the Broncos, as expected, spend about 20 mins under their goalposts. Rating - 8 broken tvs out of 10.

Tedesco - salty non owner here, but he looks like a bit of a no brainer. No explanations needed, he's a genius, collects tackle breaks out of thin air, best player in the game. Captainers may be slightly wary of predicted rain in Gosford for Saturday afternoon. Rating - 7.5 broken tvs

Matterson - the big sook himself up against his old club, he will almost certainly go big tonight, if someone from the Tigers doesn't knock him out first. Great option. Rating - 8.5 broken tvs.

Cleary - The best halfback in the game right now, in top form, and the match up is juicy. If you throw the C on him though it does feel like chasing last weeks points, but right now he looks like he could go back to back tonnes. Unless he gets rested for this game, which, I dunno, I've got a weird gut feel that the Panthers might give Burton a run this weekend. Rating - 7 broken tvs. *choose your VC wisely*

McInnes/Hunt - I'm putting these two together because, well why not, two peas in a pod in the middle of the dragons pack. Up against the Sharks who like to rush up early and drop off tackles around the middle, both are a great option to rack up 50 tackles and some TB's each. Rating - 8.5 cracked tvs.

Harry Grant - salty captainer that got burnt last week by Maguire giving him an early shower. Potentially less risky this week as its a big game tonight for the "forever 9ths". Rating 7 broken tvs.

Taumalolo - he just hasn't looked himself in the last few weeks, despite still putting up reasonable numbers, such is the expectation of the 10 million dollar man. With the coach off to GREENer pastures, may we see a change in attitude? Will the coach push him out for more minutes? Probably not. Rating - 5 broken tvs.

Other options-
    Cook - Good for 60+.
    JTrbo - If you want to lock in 2x 54-56, he's your man.
    Carrigan - sneaky POD C option, maybe he'll play the 80 tomorrow night.

I am really off put by McInnes and Hunt being rated by cracked TVs and everyone else being rated by broken TVs

Last edited by Camo123 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Andy V wrote:

Go against the grain - Nofo for captain!

I'm going Teddy again this week, live and die by the sword (for the record I was doing it last week as well before it was cool)

I'm not concerned about safety, I have 6* players that no one else in top 10 has, so anything could happen any week
    (*7 if I  including Tevaga which is likely going to change)

No way. But I'd take an 80 and happy to be proved wrong. Laughing
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I feel sorry for you guys :p

I even recall a couple of times id make a small comment, joke on a couple of ur posts and you'd come back all angry at me and all !

I swear there was a point in time back then where your personality seemed to completely flip here, and became much more relaxed and open to banter. As much as u can see on a forum anyway.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:09 pm

I'm still not set yet either, as to whose coming in to the team. Def Koro and Angus gone though for me.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:09 pm

wolfking wrote:

No way.  But I'd take an 80 and happy to be proved wrong. Laughing

Checked the draw and next week vs Warriors would be interesting, if Teddy wasn't up against the Titans.

If I get a bit further back might punt on him for lols, not quite yet
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:10 pm

Roosters have free'd up a roster spot for SBW - sauce DT

"The path to securing Sonny Bill Williams for the Roosters has been made a little easier with the Tigers snapping up young outside back Asu Kepaoa immediately."

"Kepaoa told his Roosters teammates of the move on Thursday. His departure now frees up a roster spot at the Roosters to add Williams to their side for the back end of the season. The Roosters had the NRL’s maximum of 30 players in their ranks before Kepaoa’s mid-season switch."
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Andy V wrote:

Checked the draw and next week vs Warriors would be interesting, if Teddy wasn't up against the Titans.

If I get a bit further back might punt on him for lols, not quite yet

In your position, I definitely wouldn't do it mate lol. Ted seems like a safe pick though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:12 pm

my tv broke wrote:Roosters have free'd up a roster spot for SBW - sauce DT

"The path to securing Sonny Bill Williams for the Roosters has been made a little easier with the Tigers snapping up young outside back Asu Kepaoa immediately."

"Kepaoa told his Roosters teammates of the move on Thursday. His departure now frees up a roster spot at the Roosters to add Williams to their side for the back end of the season. The Roosters had the NRL’s maximum of 30 players in their ranks before Kepaoa’s mid-season switch."

The Black Widow is closing in.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:12 pm

my tv broke wrote:Thursday afternoon, must be captaincy chat time, in no order.

Haas - ever reliable, the common option. He played 80 mins last week for the first time since round 5, will he do it again? Against the Storm in what looks like wet weather conditions, a reasonable option as always unless the Broncos, as expected, spend about 20 mins under their goalposts. Rating - 8 broken tvs out of 10.

Tedesco - salty non owner here, but he looks like a bit of a no brainer. No explanations needed, he's a genius, collects tackle breaks out of thin air, best player in the game. Captainers may be slightly wary of predicted rain in Gosford for Saturday afternoon. Rating - 7.5 broken tvs

Matterson - the big sook himself up against his old club, he will almost certainly go big tonight, if someone from the Tigers doesn't knock him out first. Great option. Rating - 8.5 broken tvs.

Cleary - The best halfback in the game right now, in top form, and the match up is juicy. If you throw the C on him though it does feel like chasing last weeks points, but right now he looks like he could go back to back tonnes. Unless he gets rested for this game, which, I dunno, I've got a weird gut feel that the Panthers might give Burton a run this weekend. Rating - 7 broken tvs. *choose your VC wisely*

McInnes/Hunt - I'm putting these two together because, well why not, two peas in a pod in the middle of the dragons pack. Up against the Sharks who like to rush up early and drop off tackles around the middle, both are a great option to rack up 50 tackles and some TB's each. Rating - 8.5 cracked tvs.

Harry Grant - salty captainer that got burnt last week by Maguire giving him an early shower. Potentially less risky this week as its a big game tonight for the "forever 9ths". Rating 7 broken tvs.

Taumalolo - he just hasn't looked himself in the last few weeks, despite still putting up reasonable numbers, such is the expectation of the 10 million dollar man. With the coach off to GREENer pastures, may we see a change in attitude? Will the coach push him out for more minutes? Probably not. Rating - 5 broken tvs.

Other options-
    Cook - Good for 60+.
    JTrbo - If you want to lock in 2x 54-56, he's your man.
    Carrigan - sneaky POD C option, maybe he'll play the 80 tomorrow night.

Not a fan of Ponga?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:14 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Not a fan of Ponga?

Just wrote the post as players came to mind and completely forgot about him.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:17 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I even recall a couple of times id make a small comment, joke on a couple of ur posts and you'd come back all angry at me and all !

I swear there was a point in time back then where your personality seemed to completely flip here, and became much more relaxed and open to banter. As much as u can see on a forum anyway.

Haha yeah I guess your right, I do remember a couple of times thinking fuck those guys I’m not posting anymore and then all of a sudden I’m back posting again.

Much more mellow and open to banter now

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:20 pm

If I ditch Haas as captain it's for Cook, Teddy or Cleary in that order of current preference
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    If I ditch Haas as captain it's for Cook, Teddy or Cleary in that order of current preference

I have all 4. Cook C last week. Teddy C this week
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:23 pm

Think I am going to take the C off Haas this week for the first time this season and put it on Cook who I am just bringing in
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:24 pm

my tv broke wrote:Roosters have free'd up a roster spot for SBW - sauce DT

Article updated

Sonny Bill Williams has confirmed he is coming home to Australia next week, pending approval from border authorities, as the path clears for the superstar to rejoin the Roosters.

Williams’ agent Khoder Nasser has booked airline tickets for SBW and his family to arrive next Wednesday.

The Daily Telegraph understands SBW is hoping to be allowed into the country because his wife Alana has an Australian passport.

Otherwise entry to Australia is closed, except for Australian citizens and permanent residents or those with an exemption.

SBW would have to be in isolation for two weeks before joining the Roosters.

You'd think that means he'd still be at least 4 weeks away from being selected to play, and I'd expect he plays a small role off the bench at first (if not long term)..
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Loomer wrote:So according to news SBW can come over with exemption as not Australian citizen but they couldn't get Warrior's players families over. Load of bollocks

Because he'll be employed and therefore pay taxes. It's all about money.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Because he'll be employed and therefore pay taxes. It's all about money.

Says in the article, his wife is an australian citizen, but yeah, being employed helps

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:20 pm