NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Andy V wrote:

Last week sold Koro and Fui for Teddy and Manu...

Thought he was a POD centre and Roosters were going to go mass attack the next few weeks, didn't grab a meaty last week but Warriors and Titans incoming. Should at least have a decent floor.

In reality I could have got anyone any position under around 530k, looked at Havili/Oates/Fog but went with Manu in the end, also as he was going to be an easier upgrade in a few weeks instead of trying to get someone to generate cash. Manu was going to be a 3 week option then upgraded, with Niu to run the rest of the year at centre, but obviously that fell through. Manu will now likely stay there til the end.

Sold Koro instead of Yeo as he gave me slightly better cash and figured he was next on for the rest rotation, and that was the best way I could see to get Teddy who i saw as #1 key. Got lucky with that one I suppose. Yeo might be my final upgrade if he keeps getting rested.

Have 6 trades, likely using 2 this week to try and get Hunt and Tevaga (everyone at the top has Hunt which scares me), but trying to work out how that will happen.

Would leave me with a final 16..... 4 trades left........ 2 to get my 17th player n 2 weeks when McInnes can go to 2RF (want to get Cookie in last), and then 2 to run the gauntlet to the end of the season #yolo

Haha, yolo. I've decided to settle for a weaker 17th and 18th man and try and keep an extra trade or two. We'll both need a lot of luck by the look of it. Cleary going to make it very hard. Need him to grow that extra nose on his forehead again.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 64 - Anyone Got Any More of Those 4 Trade Rounds edition

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:37 pm

Hmmm, trading Api means getting Cook or Cleary instead of Hunt. That's tempting.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:37 pm

wolfking wrote:

Not having Cleary hurt also mate.  You confident in Nofo moving foward?

confident in Nofo fir sure, he is also my super POD at the top. He will take nearly 1 hitup per set the whole game and get 200m and TBs all day.

I just get frustrated watxhing as he never ever gets ball in open space. last week if BJ was playing he wouldn't have got that try either

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:40 pm

Team for this week

Grant
    Haas Taupau
    Taumalolo Matterson Murray
    Cleary Johnson
    Crichton Averillo
    Tedesco Ponga Papenhuyzen

McCullough
    Carrigan
    Hunt
    Tevaga

Fogarty, Talau, Tabuai Fidow, Niu
    Joey Superior
    Joey Superior

Post by Joey Superior Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Team for this week

Grant
    Haas Taupau
    Cleary Johnson
    Crichton Averillo

McCullough
    Carrigan
    Hunt
    Tevaga

That's a great team Booz!
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:43 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Only 34 of us non Teddy owners in the top 200 Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

That's me as well...i'm concocting fiendish/ridiculous plans to turn Api or Papy into him this week.....probably won't do it but I get the feeling if I let it drift any longer it could drift out of reach
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Aardvark wrote:

That's me as well...i'm concocting fiendish/ridiculous plans to turn Api or Papy into him this week.....probably won't do it but I get the feeling if I let it drift any longer it could drift out of reach

I mean, nothing is for certain, but it'd be a bold call to trade out Papy the week that the Storm play the Broncos.

*Obviously papy only scored 30 odd in a flogging of the Titans last week
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Grant
    Haas Taupau
    Cleary Johnson
    Crichton Averillo

McCullough
    Carrigan
    Hunt
    Tevaga

Looking really strong mate. Would be tempted to move Talau/Hammer and Fogarty in the next few weeks to grab Bateman/McInnes/Cook/Smith but can't go much better than that team
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:47 pm

Grant
    Haas Taupau
    Cleary Johnson
    Crichton Averillo

McCullough
    Carrigan
    Hunt
    Tevaga

Bloody hell, set and forget, nice team. Once SJ starts firing you'll kill it.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:47 pm

No Worries wrote:Luke Brooks 1

Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh Rolling Laugh

Wouldn't be the worst pick if he drops into 500k territory through bench appearances & then gets the starting spot back.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:47 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I mean, nothing is for certain, but it'd be a bold call to trade out Papy the week that the Storm play the Broncos.

*Obviously papy only scored 30 odd in a flogging of the Titans last week

I know, i've ruled that out but Api out allows me to pick up Ted this week and then turn Brailey into Tevega next week (it doesn't actually look that stupid & also means I don't have to plat HTF)
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Aardvark wrote:

At this point he is priced at a 70 average with a long term fullback average with the Roosters of about 56. He is well over priced and with 10 weeks to go no way he can sustain this form
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 pm

Andy V wrote:

confident in Nofo fir sure, he is also my super POD at the top. He will take nearly 1 hitup per set the whole game and get 200m and TBs all day.

I just get frustrated watxhing as he never ever gets ball in open space. last week if BJ was playing he wouldn't have got that try either

Doueihi seriously needs to learn how to pass mate. He's had him open many times and always takes it up himself, infuriating.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:50 pm

From the top 1000 list my favourite PODs are AFB(1), Munster(4), Arrow(5) and Bateman(0)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:50 pm

Grant
    Haas Taupau
    Cleary Johnson
    Crichton Averillo

McCullough
    Carrigan
    Hunt
    Tevaga

Wow!
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:50 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

At this point he is priced at a 70 average with a long term fullback average with the Roosters of about 56. He is well over priced and with 10 weeks to go no way he can sustain this form

As I said I probably won't do it, just throwing some left field stuff around. I'll get in someone direct for Brailey this week (Taupau at this stage) pick up Starling for Niu (if he's out for the season) and hope price movements go my way over the next few weeks

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:56 pm

Thanks for the comments,
    Think it should get the job done but not without risk

Overall team value is pushing close to 14mil now, so should be able to find a decent 18th man with possibly 19th being someone like Starling next week

Opted for a more well rounded bench with some DPP to give me options long term
    Hunt,Talau,Niu should all get DPP updated next round as well which will help cover/looping too

Will see what happens this week I guess

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:00 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah I think Bateman is more likely to (a) be one week off and cut 24 hours out, or (b) replace KOD at lock than replace Young. The forum reaction yesterday was definitely panic and sell though.

I also agree that Butcher is a decent chance of being a late start for Liu, same way Collins was a late start for Lui (via SST) last week.

If both those things happen, Young is the sell of the 2 IMO. But Roosters playing first makes it difficult
    If Bateman ends up as 80 minute lock, with the new rules he could put up monster scores most weeks.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:05 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I'm not sure about Fantasy scores but Teddy seems to play amazing in the wet.

Especially that wet game over here in Perth against QLD when he tore them apart.
    Teddy's first 2 games of last season were really wet and he scored 18 and 43. Couldn't hold his footing as he wears short studs even in really wet conditions due to injury concerns. It was discussed heavily at the time.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:05 pm

Haha I’ve put up 1000 3 weeks in a row and my team still looks worse than many being posted haha

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:07 am