NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First

Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:22 pm

Loomer wrote:

As far as some refs are concerned absolutely. I've seen games we've won against all odds or games just lost marginally because the refs finger was on the scales

I reckon the whole comps rigged. Always has been.
    Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First

Post by Loomer Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:23 pm

I think we would've lost tonight but that Latrell tackle and follow up tackle was so ridiculous and Souths get a scrum feed? Fuck off. I stopped watching after that. Can't be bothered
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

Either, or or both.

Don't rate him as a player and don't rate his personality either to be honest. Appreciate what he did for our club with the premierships but I think he's a very selfish person and a lazy player. Whilst he was at the roosters the interaction or lack of with his fans was disgraceful to be quite honest. Everyone had his back and we all just got nothing in return. Could go on for days but oh well
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Reason Latrell attracts it is because he’s a quality player with a shit mentality! Every single one of the best players are targetted! What separates the good from the great is mindset! He can’t handle it, he throws is about all game as well and can’t handle the take backs!!
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:27 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Don't rate him as a player and don't rate his personality either to be honest. Appreciate what he did for our club with the premierships but I think he's a very selfish person and a lazy player. Whilst he was at the roosters the interaction or lack of with his fans was disgraceful to be quite honest. Everyone had his back and we all just got nothing in return. Could go on for days but oh well

But what about if we just look at him as a young fella. Shit, I certainly didn't have my act together at that age, let alone being a media star. I've always liked what I've seen from him. Yeah, I've seen the laziness that you're talking about, but It's gotta be a hard job at that age.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:29 pm

Welshy wrote:Reason Latrell attracts it is because he’s a quality player with a shit mentality! Every single one of the best players are targetted! What separates the good from the great is mindset! He can’t handle it, he throws is about all game as well and can’t handle the take backs!!

You reckon he'll get better at at or that's how it's always gonna be?
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

But what about if we just look at him as a young fella. Shit, I certainly didn't have my act together at that age, let alone being a media star. I've always liked what I've seen from him. Yeah, I've seen the laziness that you're talking about, but It's gotta be a hard job at that age.

Agreed mate, but every other player seems to handle it okay? Just don't understand why he has to be different. Like you look at guys Latrells age... Ponga, Haas etc all just humble blokes who seem like they have it all figured out. The business Latrell is in was always going to be a tough gig, he just needs to handle it better because it certainly isnt gonna go away anytime soon
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:31 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Like I said above mate, quality player with an abysmal attitude. He’s young so can be coached but it’s tough. Reason he’s unfit most the time, because he’s obviously not putting in the hard work, again that’s a lack of champion mentality
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:32 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Agreed mate, but every other player seems to handle it okay? Just don't understand why he has to be different. Like you look at guys Latrells age... Ponga, Haas etc all just humble blokes who seem like they have it all figured out. The business Latrell is in was always going to be a tough gig, he just needs to handle it better because it certainly isnt gonna go away anytime soon

Yep. I struggle in situations where others wouldn't even contemplate there being anything to struggle about. Maybe, his unique life path just made it tougher for him to keep a poker face?
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:34 pm

I like Latrell. Never met him. But I like him.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Like I said above mate, quality player with an abysmal attitude. He’s young so can be coached but it’s tough. Reason he’s unfit most the time, because he’s obviously not putting in the hard work, again that’s a lack of champion mentality

Exactly right mate. Can't imagine the player he could be if he had a better attitude and actually committed himself to his game.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:37 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Exactly right mate. Can't imagine the player he could be if he had a better attitude and actually committed himself to his game.
    Its what we are finally seeing for the first time this season. Only way is up from here.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:39 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

You reckon he'll get better at at or that's how it's always gonna be?
    Im not a professional coach or a physique analyst. I coach a junior side, have done for last 5/6 years and you see all sorts even at this age and played at a semi decent level as an adult. I think it’s a tough ask for him to change now, can’t train attitude and desire. Same as coaching bollocks, you are either willing to put your head where it hurts or you haven’t. He’s got the talent and skill level to be the best player in league, but his mentality will always hold him back IMO. Has a victim mentality where he’s willing to throw it about but can’t handle it when it happens to him. I hope he turns it around because at his best he’s a joy to watch
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:42 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Im not a professional coach or a physique analyst. I coach a junior side, have done for last 5/6 years and you see all sorts even at this age and played at a semi decent level as an adult. I think it’s a tough ask for him to change now, can’t train attitude and desire. Same as coaching bollocks, you are either willing to put your head where it hurts or you haven’t. He’s got the talent and skill level to be the best player in league, but his mentality will always hold him back IMO. Has a victim mentality where he’s willing to throw it about but can’t handle it when it happens to him. I hope he turns it around because at his best he’s a joy to watch

Yep. It's definitely not easy to change for a lot of people.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

Yep. It's definitely not easy to change for a lot of people.
    Not really fair being compared to one of the greats of the game in Inglis at such an early age either. He’s naturally supremely talented which could potentially be part of his problem because he gets by on it when he could be working to make himself better. Media attention comes with the ability but it can be crippling
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Not really fair being compared to one of the greats of the game in Inglis at such an early age either. He’s naturally supremely talented which could potentially be part of his problem because he gets by on it when he could be working to make himself better. Media attention comes with the ability but it can be crippling

I think that's it. Before he hit the big time, he could be big time without too much attention. Imagine being a regular young fella and suddenly your a public conversation piece, having now lost your privacy. Not easy.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Like you said before. Other fellas handle it better, but maybe other fellas haven't had certain experiences that Latrell has had. Or maybe, that's just his personality and that's the end of it.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:03 pm

Anyway, sorry lads. I think I'm getting too philosophical on it all. Was in 168th position in round four and currently in about 4500th.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:16 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

I think he will thrive at Souths mate. This kid was born to play for us. He fits into our indigenous culture as well and will do great stuff with Souths Cares and our indigenous communities.

I’m already loving what I’m seeing and the commitment as well.

It wasn’t all Latrell’ fault what happened at Easts it went both ways and I’ve heard from an inside source about how things went down when they learned he wanted to come to Souths and how they treated him after that. It’s not all Latrell’s fault mate.

I also have heard off my Rorters mate who goes to games Latrell was great with the members and was often the last one out their signing stuff for your members.

He came to Souths this season on a lot less money as well so it wasn’t about the money for him it’s about enjoying his footy and playing fullback and maturing and becoming a better person and Father. He is fitting in beautifully at Souths. Wayne is good for him as well.

He’s already by far the best fullback we have in our club. His effort on defensive plays I’m also very impressed by.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:19 pm

On another note looks like Katoa may soon be reaching his peak for cash rises. Hopefully his ankle comes up sweet though so he’s good to go next week otherwise I’d be down to 16 with he and Carrigan out.

I won’t be able to afford to upgrade him to a gun. The best I can probs hope for is to try get Nathan Brown in or a Horsburgh or even RFM.

JTB with a 33 was solid but not ideal compared to how he’s been scoring.

One of Paix or Luai will have to go next week.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:31 am