NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First

Post by standard-issue Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:37 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Holy Moly wrote:

Well me too. And that's what I don't get. Why would you wannn play dirty?
    I find it funny in the media it’s all about Latrell this Latrell that and zero mention re the eye gouge. Anyway glad Wayne didn’t spill what was going on Latrell has a right to privacy. Apparently his Nanna passed away last night though so I feel for him.

Latrell cops the scrutiny because he has a history of trying to cause injury, he repeatedly:

-sticks knees into backs;
    -dumps players after they are tackled;
    -shoves them when off balance;
    -goes on with it unnecessarily after a play is finished.

He is literally the only bloke I can think of playing now who is out to injure others.

If his Grandma has passed away then that is horrible, and Latrell's reaction is completely understandable.  But forewarned with that knowledge, any rational human being knowing and agreeing to be confronted by the media would have alluded to it with something like "it's a personal matter for Latrell" or "there has been a loss in the family" or some such.

But no, not Bennett, he chose to attack the reporters who were literally just trying to do their job, which is, you know, asking questions, which Wayne agreed to partake in.  The media at that stage had no idea of what was going on.  They were simply doing their job trying to find out was happening.  So they asked.

Bennett suggesting in the Presser that the rooms should be private in 2020 is like me hoping my old '92 Pulsar SSS is still a machine to be feared.  It went like a shower of shit down the beach after late night kebabs in it's day, but that was exactly that-in its day.  A stock standard Hybrid Camry in 2020 is probably faster off the mark now.

Times have changed.  Deadset, has anyone told Wayne yet about the magic electrickery thing that illuminates his office, or is he is still lighting sulfur candles with a flint?

If the media continue on with this for the rest of the week then Latrell has no-one to blame more then Bennett.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 40 - First

Post by Revraiser Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:46 am

Holy Moly wrote:Anyway, sorry lads. I think I'm getting too philosophical on it all.   Was in 168th position in round four and currently in about 4500th.

Christ mate, what happened ?? Did your Mrs fart in public ?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:54 am

standard-issue wrote:

Latrell cops the scrutiny because he has a history of trying to cause injury, he repeatedly:

He is literally the only bloke I can think of playing now who is out to injure others.

If his Grandma has passed away then that is horrible, and Latrell's reaction is completely understandable.  But forewarned with that knowledge, any rational human being knowing and agreeing to be confronted by the media would have alluded to it with something like "it's a personal matter for Latrell" or "there has been a loss in the family" or some such.

But no, not Bennett, he chose to attack the reporters who were literally just trying to do their job, which is, you know, asking questions, which Wayne agreed to partake in.  The media at that stage had no idea of what was going on.  They were simply doing their job trying to find out was happening.  So they asked.

Bennett suggesting in the Presser that the rooms should be private in 2020 is like me hoping my old '92 Pulsar SSS is still a machine to be feared.  It went like a shower of shit down the beach after late night kebabs in it's day, but that was exactly that-in its day.  A stock standard Hybrid Camry in 2020 is probably faster off the mark now.

Times have changed.  Deadset, has anyone told Wayne yet about the magic electrickery thing that illuminates his office, or is he is still lighting sulfur candles with a flint?

If the media continue on with this for the rest of the week then Latrell has no-one to blame more then Bennett.
    You have your view I respect that.

In regards to Bennett this is exactly why the players love him and why they have always wanted to play for him  as he puts them first and foremost. Even if he said it was a personal matter the media wouldn’t stop at that, you know that.

Well I can think of a player who is at the top of my list to go out and injure others JWH easily for mine with the dog shots and constant elbows to the throat with the arm raised, that’s my view is that he goes out to injure others.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:30 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

In regards to Bennett this is exactly why the players love him and why they have always wanted to play for him  as he puts them first and foremost. Even if he said it was a personal matter the media wouldn’t stop at that, you know that.

Well I can think of a player who is at the top of my list to go out and hurt others JWH easily for mine with the dog shots and constant elbows to the throat with the arm raised, that’s my view is that he goes out to injure others.

Every player in the history of forever says they love their Coach. Even Fa'alogo and Jason Taylor when at your mob would no doubt have shared some magic at some stage.

As for the comparison with JWH, agreed, he is a shitto that is right up there with Latrell.

Have you watched the Presser? If so, what are your thoughts on how Bennett handled it?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:33 am

standard-issue wrote:

Every player in the history of forever says they love their Coach.  Even Fa'alogo and Jason Taylor when at your mob would no doubt have shared some magic at some stage.

As for the comparison with JWH, agreed, he is a shitto that is right up there with Latrell.

Have you watched the Presser?  If so, what are your thoughts on how Bennett handled it?
    I thought he handled it great. If Latrell is upset and has personal things he is dealing with, it is not for the coach to share it with the world. He acted in a humane way that showed he cares about the player.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:42 am

standard-issue wrote:

I disagree with you completely mate. There’s no issue with asking a question but it is absolutely a problem to then continue reasking the question over and over. Their whole panel discussion following that was also disgusting and Sammy Burgess was the only one to realise it. They have another crack when interviewing Tommy burgess 10 minutes later where they speculate further. I also disagree with you in that I think Bennett’s criticism of the dressing room is absolutely reasonable. It’s one thing to show the fellas at half time or chanting the team song, it’s another to zoom in on a bloke having a tough time. Disgusting. It’s not even a question of whether you like latrell or not
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:55 am

mattnz wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Every player in the history of forever says they love their Coach.  Even Fa'alogo and Jason Taylor when at your mob would no doubt have shared some magic at some stage.

Have you watched the Presser?  If so, what are your thoughts on how Bennett handled it?
    I thought he handled it great. If Latrell is upset and has personal things he is dealing with, it is not for the coach to share it with the world. He acted in a humane way that showed he cares about the player.

Agreed, it's not for him to share with the World.  But that means he is aware of the issue.  If that issue is what Rabbits21 alluded to in regards Latrell's Nana passing away, then which of the following would you expect to garner the best outcome from the Media in regards to Latrell's humanity:

a) No I'm not going to tell you why;
    b) Latrell has had a loss in the Family and it is not for discussion.

Bearing in mind as well this is a 70 year old multiple Premiership winning Coach with around 800 games (and thus similar number of Pressers) under his belt.

Would you have answered closer to option a or option b matt? Because Bennett literally answered a)-No I'm not going to tell you why.

Last edited by standard-issue on Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:02 am

ytsb wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

I disagree with you completely mate. There’s no issue with asking a question but it is absolutely a problem to then continue reasking the question over and over. Their whole panel discussion following that was also disgusting and Sammy Burgess was the only one to realise it. They have another crack when interviewing Tommy burgess 10 minutes later where they speculate further. I also disagree with you in that I think Bennett’s criticism of the dressing room is absolutely reasonable. It’s one thing to show the fellas at half time or chanting the team song, it’s another to zoom in on a bloke having a tough time. Disgusting. It’s not even a question of whether you like latrell or not

Are you referring to the Fox or Nine panel coverage afterwards? Because I was clearly not. I was talking about Bennett's responses in the Presser.
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:43 am

10/528 meh
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:40 am

All it takes isn’t being honest sometimes, look there’s a been a loss in the family let’s keeps the questions to a minimum.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:42 am

whall15 wrote:10/528 meh

10-527. Just a whisker in it
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:44 am

Crichton v Best looking like one of those season defining decisions haha
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:45 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I actually disagree. I have watched it back 3 times and I believe it is a try save. For mine with the try assist that’s more a 50/50 one that could’ve gone either way.
    Do you even fantasy? No TS has been awarded when the player has been stopped BEFORE the line! Every TS awarded when holding the ball up in goal! It’s player favouritism. There have been many tackles saving try’s made before the line this season alone and not awarded. Ruling has been changed mid season to suit. No MT was awarded either. Explain that?
    eyipftwari
    eyipftwari

Post by eyipftwari Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:45 am

still no word on latrell getting charged for the shot is he going to be playing next week ?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:46 am

eyipftwari wrote:still no word on latrell getting charged for the shot is he going to be playing next week ?
    MRC results come out around 11:30am
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:47 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

Well I can think of a player who is at the top of my list to go out and injure others JWH easily for mine with the dog shots and constant elbows to the throat with the arm raised, that’s my view is that he goes out to injure others.

Your bias is really quite entertaining
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:49 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

10-527. Just a whisker in it
    Try 8/389 on for size having a stinker of a round so far

Only Koro, Yeo and Haas above 50
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:51 am

Camo123 wrote:
    Try 8/389 on for size having a stinker of a round so far

Only Koro, Yeo and Haas above 50

Oh geez mate. Had all ya roughies go early yeah?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:51 am

Re the media, at some point, youve really got to stop bothering. Theyll never change so long as people are engaging with their content. You can be as angry about as you want but their statistics dont care about your feelings, its just another number to the totals. The consumers are part of the problem.

Last edited by my tv broke on Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:53 am; edited 2 times in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:52 am

I’ve been hold Pappy 100%, that percentage is now starting to drop. I’m around the 90 mark this week

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 pm