NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

Post by Milchcow Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:53 am

robelgordo wrote:

I’ve got SMat in draft but didn’t trust him for fantasy. Not only the HIA history, but isn’t Barnett due back soon?

Pre-season indications were SMat was preferred edge player.

I don't think being dropped is a worry for SMat. Concerns are injury, and that long term his scores will drop (Last year as a 75 minute 2nd rower he averaged 29)

Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 39 - Sarsaparilla time

Post by Loomer Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:54 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:O’Brien said no injuries in his press conference so Mann should be good to go for this wanting to milk him for a few more weeks

Looked like sensible player management giving him a well earned rest after recent injury concerns and giving like for like Hoy a run
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:00 am

UP Clune
    DOWN HTF

Neither in 17 purely best cow
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:00 am

Loomer wrote:

Looked like sensible player management giving him a well earned rest after recent injury concerns and giving like for like Hoy a run

Also they have cowboys next week who they should be able to beat with Hoy so it would be a good opportunity to give him a rest given their next opponents are all much tougher.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:01 am

my tv broke wrote:

jeez this annoys me on further reflection. to play him for 50 mins straight up after he's barely played any footy for a long period.. its just mindless. he looked so damn slow out there.. ugh

I was happy with Luke coming on board to take maybe 20-25 mins at first, if he earns more mins then so be it.

Paix was fine in the first two games albeit struggled with the big mins. I would say he was a bit stiffer in defense than Luke was.

I think this says a lot about what's going on there.  Paix was fine his first two weeks.  It's not his fault he team is getting destroyed.  Yeah, his service out of dummy half is average but he tried hard and his defense was serviceable, and he was definitely warming to the role.

Playing Luke starting and playing 50 shows Seibold is lost and clutching at straws.  Luke just got there, hasn't spent a lot of time with the team, hasn't played a lot of first grade for a bit and is thrown straight in.  Plus not to mention the effect it would have had on Paix.  He would have emotionally taken a bit of a hit too.  Coach is a fuckwit, plain and simple.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:05 am

wolfking wrote:

I think this says a lot about what's going on there.  Paix was fine his first two weeks.  It's not his fault he team is getting destroyed.  Yeah, his service out of dummy half is average but he tried hard and his defense was serviceable, and he was definitely warming to the role.

Playing Luke starting and playing 50 shows Seibold is lost and clutching at straws.  Luke just got there, hasn't spent a lot of time with the team, hasn't played a lot of first grade for a bit and is thrown straight in.  Plus not to mention the effect it would have had on Paix.  He would have emotionally taken a bit of a hit too.  Coach is a fuckwit, plain and simple.

It was laughable. If Macca pass isn't intercept try and Newcastle went 18-0 up looked worse. I didn't see how Luke added anything early doors
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:10 am

Loomer wrote:

It was laughable. If Macca pass isn't intercept try and Newcastle went 18-0 up looked worse. I didn't see how Luke added anything early doors

Didn't even notice him.  I'm still confused on the signing and why they thought it was a solution. 

All week Seibold was saying he's there to be more a mentor and help Corey with his game.  Nek minnit, starting and playing 50 minutes lol.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:16 am

Hey lads, I posted this before the team lists were announced because I'm a muppet so excuse the repost but I'm stuck here.  My Wags team is inside the top 500 (before start of the round) and smashing my main team.  I think I need Ted in one of my teams but the only real way I can get him is for Friend.  I know I talked shit to someone else earlier in the week for this but want to have a real crack with this team and am coming around to the same thing.

Friend
    Haas Twal
    Tolo Carrigan Katoa
    Moses Mann
    Mitchell Crichton
    Pappy Turbo Drinkwater

Koro Grant Lucy Fog

Rudolf Clark Luai Suli

20 trades and 28K.  Suli and Drinkwater is not enough.  Friend is the only option after ditching Suli.  Is that just stupid?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:16 am

If all you guys owned Luke and not Paix you'd be complaining about Cory stealing too many minutes from Issac
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:19 am

Milchcow wrote:
    If all you guys owned Luke and not Paix you'd be complaining about Cory stealing too many minutes from Issac

Meh, personally I don't care about that much about fantasy in this regard. Coach continually showing his rotations are whack

Haas is being worn down too. The big mins and lack of support from other players are taking its toll. Obviously he puts up big numbers on the stat sheet but his impact is being lessened week to week.

Sidenote but Siebold referenced bringing in Dearden and also mentioned Niu has been really close to a starting position and he'll look at that this week. Sounds like Kennedy will also come back onto the bench.

Pretty tough situation to throw two more young kids into though.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:22 am

292/5C.

Was hoping for just one more decent score from Best to really max out his price. Still, highish 30's say next week will be about a 130k profit, decent enough. Then will need to sell quickly before he starts dropping or alternatively decide that he's a keeper.

Haas is fine, although with the troops back for the Broncos, might not quite be an autopick for captain anymore. I'll probably stick with him, but I can see others going for PODs which is good for the fun of the game.

Carrigan will be a hold for me assuming he misses a game.

Ponga and Mann going great guns. I had planned to do Mann to Pearce next week, I guess I'll see where their prices land, and what the elite guns put up this week.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 am

Mulvy wrote:Was hoping for just one more decent score from Best to really max out his price. Still, highish 30's say next week will be about a 130k profit, decent enough. Then will need to sell quickly before he starts dropping or alternatively decide that he's a keeper.

I don't understand why you'd sell or who you'd even sell to?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:26 am

I thought Farnworth looked promising in a rubbish side
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:27 am

Yeah Best is staying in my team til he gets broke. Same with Crichton.
    NO WAY have I got enough trades left to be playing on the centres merry-go-round.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:28 am

Mulvy wrote:292/5C.

Was hoping for just one more decent score from Best to really max out his price. Still, highish 30's say next week will be about a 130k profit, decent enough. Then will need to sell quickly before he starts dropping or alternatively decide that he's a keeper.

Haas is fine, although with the troops back for the Broncos, might not quite be an autopick for captain anymore. I'll probably stick with him, but I can see others going for PODs which is good for the fun of the game.

Carrigan will be a hold for me assuming he misses a game.

Ponga and Mann going great guns. I had planned to do Mann to Pearce next week, I guess I'll see where their prices land, and what the elite guns put up this week.

Think I am very happy to play Mann in the halves until he peaks. He has been a great pick however have picked all the wrong low end cows this year (read Broncos) pissing away the trades which is annoying
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:28 am

Teddy has a history of torching the Eels I just noticed.

Avg 70.75 in 8 games with 6 tries.

Hoping for a combination of Eels being a better team and Teddy regression to the mean for that price to come down some Mad
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:30 am

Loomer wrote:I thought Farnworth looked promising in a rubbish side

He and Coates were good down that side but both centres kept running their wingers out of space.
    Lodge was good in the first half but just looked more frustrated than anything in the second.

Luke wasn't bad and sure he didn't offer anything extra but it looked like that was the job he was told to do. Didn't look tired but maybe with fewer minutes and a bit more freedom he could've played an attacking role too.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:34 am

my tv broke wrote:

I don't understand why you'd sell or who you'd even sell to?

I only ever grabbed him as a quick cash grab, and because I needed a centre, not as a keeper. He'll be priced around 43, and like most pure centres I see him averaging no more than mid 30's for the rest of the year. I won't need to decide for a couple of weeks, I'm just assuming a centre will pop up by then. Maybe Talau is back, maybe a new cheapie, maybe Marsters has gotten himself really cheap. Frees up a boat load of cash to spend in positions I care more about.

I know people will say, why would you spend 474k on a cash cow and use those trades, but I really don't see it as any different to a normal cash cow, if they make the money. In fact he will have made way more money than my other cash cows, namely, Hopoate, Paix, Magoulias etc.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:38 am

wolfking wrote:Hey lads, I posted this before the team lists were announced because I'm a muppet so excuse the repost but I'm stuck here.  My Wags team is inside the top 500 (before start of the round) and smashing my main team.  I think I need Ted in one of my teams but the only real way I can get him is for Friend.  I know I talked shit to someone else earlier in the week for this but want to have a real crack with this team and am coming around to the same thing.

Friend
    Haas Twal
    Tolo Carrigan Katoa
    Moses Mann
    Mitchell Crichton
    Pappy Turbo Drinkwater

Koro Grant Lucy Fog

Rudolf Clark Luai Suli

20 trades and 28K.  Suli and Drinkwater is not enough.  Friend is the only option after ditching Suli.  Is that just stupid?

Can you make something by going Lucy + Suli?

Even if you bring in two cows, bank bulk cash. Move Rudolf up into 14-17. Next week upgrade Drinkwater to Ponga/teddy
    Mr peanutbutter
    Mr peanutbutter

Post by Mr peanutbutter Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:40 am

Fuck sakes. Went to bed without watching the game. Had left paix in the halves. Now fog/luai/drinky all bound to get 60's. Just my luck.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:59 pm