NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Post by Ozymandias Sat May 09, 2020 5:07 am

What happens if/when they come up with a Covid-19 vaccine and it has to be injected .... will those players still decline?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Post by mattnz Sat May 09, 2020 7:20 am

Ozymandias wrote:What happens if/when they come up with a Covid-19 vaccine and it has to be injected .... will those players still decline?
    Wont matter if 90%+ of the population do get the vaccine.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat May 09, 2020 8:42 am

Ozymandias wrote:What happens if/when they come up with a Covid-19 vaccine and it has to be injected .... will those players still decline?

Yeah seems like it, but as Matt said it shouldn't matter.

People that have had covid-19 will have built up anti-bodies to combat it in future (and I guess pass on to future generations) and the rest of us will be vaccinated.

Since the death rate is much higher in older people, future waves of covid-19 should only be deadly to older people if they're anti-vaxx, deeply spiritual or whatever.

A vaccine could still be a relatively long way off though, so we're gonna need to be careful around anyone 50+ for some time.

Most of us should be fine, we'll get it, recover and build those anti-bodies. We just need to slow it down so we're not all getting it at once.

That's my understanding of it anyway.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat May 09, 2020 10:11 am

If we get more than 2 trades (say 5 like sc) I have Moses & will be swapping him with Cleary. Any Moses owners thinking the same.
    I only went Moses due to the byes & the byes aren't relevant anymore.
    Cleary is the dominant half with massive km's whereas Moses shares playmaking duties with D. Brown.
    With Mahoney out for a few games so it could affect the attacking flow for the Eels & Moses.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat May 09, 2020 11:11 am

White Lightning wrote:If we get more than 2 trades (say 5 like sc) I have Moses & will be swapping him with Cleary. Any Moses owners thinking the same.
    Cleary is the dominant half with massive km's whereas Moses shares playmaking duties with D. Brown.
    With Mahoney out for a few games so it could affect the attacking flow for the Eels & Moses.
    I’m still surprised we haven’t heard anymore re if Cleary will get extra punishment. I thought the integrity unit would’ve finalised that a day or two ago. At absolute worst you wouldn’t think he’d get more than a week out.
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Sat May 09, 2020 11:18 am

Is there any news of the Manly guys being stood down or is it only the Titians players so far?
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat May 09, 2020 11:20 am

White Lightning wrote:If we get more than 2 trades (say 5 like sc) I have Moses & will be swapping him with Cleary. Any Moses owners thinking the same.

I wish my team was even remotely functional enough to even fantasize about the freedom of making an (arguably sideways) trade like Moses to Cleary lol

The holes in my team have holes, or, in the case of Bryce Cartwright, are just holes
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 09, 2020 11:23 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I’m still surprised we haven’t heard anymore re if Cleary will get extra punishment. I thought the integrity unit would’ve finalised that a day or two ago. At absolute worst you wouldn’t think he’d get more than a week out.
    Cleary needed to respond yesterday. They will be reviewing his response now
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat May 09, 2020 11:38 am

Adrianoooo wrote:Is there any news of the Manly guys being stood down or is it only the Titians players so far?

Reports yesterday (sorry no specific source, as can’t remember where I read it) were that NSW govt was satisfied since 97% of NSW-based players were getting the shot, so the Manly trio, plus Katoa and whoever are fine. Not sure if NSW-based also includes Warriors and Storm.

ACT govt also ok with Canberra at this stage.

So it’s just the Qld govt and two Titans impacted, which I assume also means the Broncos and Cowboys have 100% getting it.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 09, 2020 11:40 am

I am happy to have both, as my gun halves pairing for the season.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 am

Someone yesterday said Gus said the Panthers players always get it and nobody ever objects.

Sione Katoa was at the Panthers. He is now at the Bulldogs and “objecting”.

So maybe he just didn’t want to get it but if forced would as well? If originally it was just pitched as get the shot or sign a waiver, I can see people signing the waiver who aren’t necessarily anti-vax. Because of past bad react, fear of needles, laziness etc.

my work has free flu shots and it was only when I had kids I started getting it.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 09, 2020 11:52 am

I hope the new draw gives warriors all their away games at start of the season and all home games at the end.

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2020 1:18 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:Is there any news of the Manly guys being stood down or is it only the Titians players so far?

Taupau had the injection. Not sure on other two. Seems a state issue now with Qld saying they could ban players from NSW/ACT who haven't had the vaccination
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat May 09, 2020 2:19 pm

mattnz wrote:I hope the new draw gives warriors all their away games at start of the season and all home games at the end.

Will there even really be Home and Away games?
    Certainly doesn't seem like there'll be any crowds for a while at least...
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 09, 2020 2:55 pm

easytiger wrote:

Will there even really be Home and Away games?
    Certainly doesn't seem like there'll be any crowds for a while at least...
    Warriors will certainly be only playing away games for a while, so they might as well get credited with them
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat May 09, 2020 3:20 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Warriors will certainly be only playing away games for a while, so they might as well get credited with them

Don't the Warriors get credited with being away even when they're home at times? When the Tigers and Dogs play their home games in NZ for example.

Can't have it both ways surely.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat May 09, 2020 6:33 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah seems like it, but as Matt said it shouldn't matter.

People that have had covid-19 will have built up anti-bodies to combat it in future (and I guess pass on to future generations) and the rest of us will be vaccinated.

Since the death rate is much higher in older people, future waves of covid-19 should only be deadly to older people if they're anti-vaxx, deeply spiritual or whatever.

A vaccine could still be a relatively long way off though, so we're gonna need to be careful around anyone 50+ for some time.

Most of us should be fine, we'll get it, recover and build those anti-bodies. We just need to slow it down so we're not all getting it at once.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

That is about right, the initial spike wasn't too bad, and the rate will remain steady. It won't necessarily be eradicated for a long while. A vaccine is most likely next year type deal, but with gradual reopening we might see a minor spike in cases than they are now (A second wave of sorts) but it should hopefully not be as bad, nor the peak of cases exceed the current highest peak in active cases. A lot of people really can't grasp the concept that it isn't about the virus disappearing entirely, but creating a steady and consistent rate for the virus.

While those players that still decline it, are at much less risk due to the majority of the population being vaccinated or developing antibodies post infection. It is still incredibly selfish thing to do, because not only are you risking your own life there are people who are immunocompromised and don't have the option to decline or accept it. Those are the people most at risk, and that is why the population needs to be vaccinated against simple things that were predominantly eradicated like measles. Because so many people are on the "anti-vax" train measles had its highest rate of infection in the US since 1992. Many jobs, such as Aged Care require mandatory vaccinations unless you have a health condition that restricts you from getting vaccinated in place now.

I hope the NRL follows suit and sets a standard in relation to vaccinations. After all people tout how they are role models, then they should have the common decency to not put other peoples lives at risk.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat May 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Apparently Corey Parker said on Fox he doesn't think Lodge will be ready & could miss the first 2-3 games so good news for Flegler owners.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun May 10, 2020 1:20 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Cleary needed to respond yesterday. They will be reviewing his response now
    Cheers mate
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun May 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Thoughts on how reverting to a single ref is going to effect the game?
    How are penalties going to work with the resetting of the set rather than the game stopping?

Gonna be a very interesting restart to the season for so many reasons.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:53 pm