NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Post by Rabbits21 Fri May 15, 2020 11:05 pm

mattnz wrote:The new rules are much more different than I had realised. https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/15/sin-bin-risk-for-repeat-offenders-how-six-again-rule-will-work/
    Key changes include:
    - Teams do not have to be warned about repeated infringements before the referee awards a full penalty and send the offending player to the sin bin as a stronger deterrent.
    - Significantly, any time the referee penalises a player for a professional foul or repeated infringements in the ruck, the offender will be automatically sent to the sin bin.
    - if, in the opinion of the referee, the attacking team deliberately breaks down play in an attempt to convert "six-again" to a full penalty, the referee will order a scrum to be packed with the defending team being awarded the feed.
    - The Refs' Bunker will monitor the rucks and may assist the referee when the opportunity presents during breaks in play.

Its going to be really different
    Some big changes that’s for sure, it may be a bit confusing at first!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 part 22 - The one where we all come back

Post by rhinoceroo Sat May 16, 2020 12:14 am

mattnz wrote:The new rules are much more different than I had realised. https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/15/sin-bin-risk-for-repeat-offenders-how-six-again-rule-will-work/
    Key changes include:
    - Teams do not have to be warned about repeated infringements before the referee awards a full penalty and send the offending player to the sin bin as a stronger deterrent.
    - Significantly, any time the referee penalises a player for a professional foul or repeated infringements in the ruck, the offender will be automatically sent to the sin bin.
    - if, in the opinion of the referee, the attacking team deliberately breaks down play in an attempt to convert "six-again" to a full penalty, the referee will order a scrum to be packed with the defending team being awarded the feed.
    - The Refs' Bunker will monitor the rucks and may assist the referee when the opportunity presents during breaks in play.

Its going to be really different

Cam Smith might as well not come back.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat May 16, 2020 6:41 am

Hey guys - sorry I've been completely disconnected from fantasy. Does the competition start from scratch? or continue from where we left off?

What else do people like me need to know.

Cheers - hope you are all well!
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat May 16, 2020 6:46 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hey guys  - sorry I've been completely disconnected from fantasy. Does the competition start from scratch? or continue from where we left off?

What else do people like me need to know.

Cheers - hope you are all well!

Competition resumes from R3 with 20 round competition (18 rounds left)

Fantasy dropped max trades to 28 (total you should have is 28 - trades used in R2) with 4 trades allowed for R3 and R4

New draw released for R3 and R4 yesterday but full draw not released yet

Edit: SOO after season so Origin guns won't miss gametime bar injury. Couple of injuries/suspensions to key players if you have them also (check nrl casualty ward for full details) - Cleary 2 game suspension, Ponga 1 game suspension, D Fifita 3-4 week injury
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat May 16, 2020 7:14 am

Camo123 wrote:

Competition resumes from R3 with 20 round competition (18 rounds left)

Fantasy dropped max trades to 28 (total you should have is 28 - trades used in R2) with 4 trades allowed for R3 and R4

New draw released for R3 and R4 yesterday but full draw not released yet

Edit: SOO after season so Origin guns won't miss gametime bar injury. Couple of injuries/suspensions to key players if you have them also (check nrl casualty ward for full details) - Cleary 2 game suspension, Ponga 1 game suspension, D Fifita 3-4 week injury

Haha - ok cheers man, appreciate the response. Kinda throws a few spanners in the works aye.... People who left out origin players kinda fooked...

Im kinda pressed for time these days. Seconded for quite a bit of Covid-related work by our government. To be honest, not sure how much point there is in me trying to play this season. That said, I guess it screws over the league I am in huh. I guess I'll just do my best.

What did Cleary and Ponga do? breech some lock down rules or something?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat May 16, 2020 7:33 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Haha - ok cheers man, appreciate the response. Kinda throws a few spanners in the works aye.... People who left out origin players kinda fooked...

Im kinda pressed for time these days. Seconded for quite a bit of Covid-related work by our government. To be honest, not sure how much point there is in me trying to play this season. That said, I guess it screws over the league I am in huh. I guess I'll just do my best.

Cleary broke social distancing rules & then lied to integrity unit about how it happened. Ponga was just suspended for a shoulder charge in R2
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sat May 16, 2020 7:55 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I did wonder whether you’d get the tap - from memory this gear is vaguely your field and we’ve been pretty active in grabbing anyone close to knowledgeable over here.

Fun times! Good luck, and if you’re short on time just do what everyone else does and copy VK/MTB’s trades.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 16, 2020 8:32 am

Camo123 wrote:

Cleary broke social distancing rules & then lied to integrity unit about how it happened. Ponga was just suspended for a shoulder charge in R2

To be clear on Cleary, there was a photo of him with some girls not following social distancing on ANZAC day. Cleary claimed he didn't know they were coming to his house and they were only there for a short time. He was given a fine and suspended suspension.

It then emerged they'd made a tik tok video, and it turned out Cleary's story was buklshit so they upped it to 2 weeks. And if you watch the video, it is the stupidest, lamest thing to jeapordise your career over.

It has emerged since then, that Cleary left his house to go pick up the girls and bring them to his place. So the 2nd story, to cover for the lie in his first one, was also bullshit.

So now the cops are involved and there is potential for further action.

Enjoy the intelligence of rugby league players
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 16, 2020 8:46 am

For RnT's benefit. Latrell Mitchell had a bunch of people over to his property during lockdown, including Josh Addo-Carr and Tyrone Roberts-Davis.

They got hit with a bunch of fines (but no suspension)

Also NRL is mandating a flu vaccine, and a bunch of players are declining, jeapordising their ability to play. Bryce Cartwright apparently has been granted an exception, but rumours suggest he'll be dumped from the Titans starting team anyway.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 16, 2020 9:28 am

This article says Angus Crichton will be a key figure after returning from illness, not good news for Aubbo https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/16/morris-signing-to-help-manu-remain-under-the-radar/
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Sat May 16, 2020 9:36 am

mattnz wrote:This article says Angus Crichton will be a key figure after returning from illness, not good news for Aubbo https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/16/morris-signing-to-help-manu-remain-under-the-radar/

Farkkk, my team just keeps getting worse and worse. 4 trades might not be enough lol
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Sat May 16, 2020 9:41 am

Really isn't looking good for Kennedy now!

Article says that even if Moylan isn't fit then dugan is expected to be in the number 1. Time to add Kennedy to my long list of trade outs......
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat May 16, 2020 10:27 am

mattnz wrote:This article says Angus Crichton will be a key figure after returning from illness, not good news for Aubbo https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/16/morris-signing-to-help-manu-remain-under-the-radar/

Personally, I'm not even remotely concerned about Aubo's JS until a team list tells me to be.
    He's been the starting 2RF in the last 15 consecutive games for the Roosters.

The Roosters have lost 2 games this year, first game they were defensively poor, second was a close loss.
    In those games Aubusson's tackle counts 32 with no misses against the Storm and 40 (no misses) against Manly.
    Meanwhile Crichton was 32 with 8 missed tackles against Manly.

That does somewhat speak of tackle execution, but as much as it pains me to say about a Roosters journeyman, he's probably one of the best defensive 2RF's in the comp. His reading of a situation is fantastic, whereas Crichton is far more likely to lose his head. Robinson is a very defense-focused coach as well.
    While Crichton offers more in attack, he can add that in the middle, especially as defenses tire, or against lower quality bench forwards.

I know he's the black widow and all that, but unless something has radically changed in the last month or so, I doubt I'll be seeing this as a trade issue just yet - just my 2c.

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 10:53 am

KingTeddy wrote:Really isn't looking good for Kennedy now!

Article says that even if Moylan isn't fit then dugan is expected to be in the number 1. Time to add Kennedy to my long list of trade outs......

Ffs gets worse by the day
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat May 16, 2020 11:46 am

Of course lol just to make matters worse for me than they already are! I don’t think 4 trades will be enough Bang Bang Bang
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat May 16, 2020 12:57 pm

The Dragons play the Warriors in round 3 so I'm tempted to play Wiliame over Shibasaki who has the Panthers or am I overthinking.

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 1:46 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Which one? About time I went back to the Sydney office...
    I'm at beer deluxe today. 10th person in haha. Unlucky everyone else

Edit, its a tough gig for the staff. Queue of people getting turned away, some giving the staff shit for it etc

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 2:50 pm

Raiders have the Storm first up, right? It makes my Cotric trade - because of the nice run of fixtures - look a bit stupid.

Bigger issues to fix though!
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat May 16, 2020 3:46 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:Raiders have the Storm first up, right? It makes my Cotric trade - because of the nice run of fixtures - look a bit stupid.

Bigger issues to fix though!

The bigger problem with Cotty is Rapana returning, which will eventually push him over to the left wing, which means he gets stuck outside ball hogs Wighton and Croker. If you want a WFB POD, get Mansauce or Nofa
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat May 16, 2020 3:47 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

The bigger problem with Cotty is Rapana returning, which will eventually push him over to the left wing, which means he gets stuck outside ball hogs Wighton and Croker. If you want a WFB POD, get Mansauce or Nofa

VK already had Cotric

I don't the side he's on is really an issue, his main source of points is kick return metres/runs at start of set

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:39 pm