NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

Ice

NSW Blues - Page 35 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Ice Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Gallen should have got a week for the De Gois strangle. Would have been soooooo funny. Shit act from a shit cunt.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:45 am

Tedesco
    Mansour
    Jennings
    Dugan
    Ferguson
    Maloney
    Reynolds
    Woods
    Farah
    Gallen
    Frizell
    Jackson
    Graham

J Bird
    Fifita
    klemmer
    Tamou

TTurbo and JTurbo development players Who will come in for Dugan after he gets injured tonight? (Is he playing tonight) Moylan unlucky in my view, good that GBird is gone which is good. Next year Gallen and Farah. Ferguson very lucky to be there for mine.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:55 am

I still feel for Moylan and think he has a big future for NSW. Think it was a tough call and a mistake cutting him from the squad altogether. I'd still would have found a spot for him even if it was in place of Ferguson, be it on bench with Dugan to wing and bird to centre or Moylan straight to wing.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 am

Still not the best squad NSW could of named for game 3.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:03 pm

Think Daley made a minor mistake naming Frizell lock as opposed to jackson. I think Jackson should be the one doing any middle work, and Frizell should be allowed to run wide on the edges. I think it will be an absolute waste of his skills using Frizell in the Middle of the park.

Likely Game 1 team next year based on this team.

Teddy/Hayne
    Mansour
    Jennings
    Dugan (Id have JBird)
    TTurbo
    Maloney
    Reynolds (wouldn't be surprised if it's Pearce and think he would be more ready than he ever has been)
    Woods
    Peats
    Fifita
    Cordner
    Frizell
    Jackson

JBird
    Graham
    J Trbojevic
    Klemmer

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:32 pm

Ice wrote:I still feel for Moylan and think he has a big future for NSW. Think it was a tough call and a mistake cutting him from the squad altogether. I'd still would have found a spot for him even if it was in place of Ferguson, be it on bench with Dugan to wing and bird to centre or Moylan straight to wing.

Daley made a rod for his own back due to his many comments under pressure over the last few years which has effectively created an impression of a 'pick and stick' policy.

The problem with a policy like that is that when someone like Tedesco demands selection, the bloke who misses out goes out of the side as an exception to a steadfast rule.

Problem then is that it not only knocks the confidence of the young up and comer (Moylan) but it creates too much pressure on Tedesco (and others) to perform.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Ice wrote:Tedesco
    Mansour
    Jennings
    Dugan
    Ferguson
    Maloney
    Reynolds
    Woods
    Farah
    Gallen
    Frizell
    Jackson
    Graham

J Bird
    Fifita
    klemmer
    Tamou

TTurbo and JTurbo development players Who will come in for Dugan after he gets injured tonight? (Is he playing tonight) Moylan unlucky in my view, good that GBird is gone which is good. Next year Gallen and Farah. Ferguson very lucky to be there for mine.

If that is the side, I love it. Is this just what you want? or did you read it somewhere?
    It would be perfect with no Fergo - and having either TTrbo there or Dugan there - with Jbird in the centres.
    Happy walker is gone, so happy.
    If moylan is getting cut, then he should be 18th man not just left right out. I feel for him, but .. well.. he is not as good as Tedesco and was only there because Tedesco was injured anyway.

I dont like that we are not blooding a hooker. Whether its Pearce, Peats or who fucking ever, we should have blooded a hooker in this game at the expense of Fergo.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Daley made a rod for his own back due to his many comments under pressure over the last few years which has effectively created an impression of a 'pick and stick' policy.

The problem with a policy like that is that when someone like Tedesco demands selection, the bloke who misses out goes out of the side as an exception to a steadfast rule.

Problem then is that it not only knocks the confidence of the young up and comer (Moylan) but it creates too much pressure on Tedesco (and others) to perform.

The fact that he was only selected because of Tedesco's injury totally negates what you have just said.
    If Billy Slater made a comeback today and was 100% free from injury, he would be picked at fullback.
    Would that knock the confidence of Oates?
    Would it put more pressure on Slater?
    100% No.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:50 pm

Why is Fergo still being selected on the wing? Even Hopoate is in much better form then him at the moment.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:58 pm

That's the team, it's been released
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Pieman wrote:

The fact that he was only selected because of Tedesco's injury totally negates what you have just said.
    If Billy Slater made a comeback today and was 100% free from injury, he would be picked at fullback.
    Would that knock the confidence of Oates?
    Would it put more pressure on Slater?
    100% No.

So why does everyone (including yourself) feel for Moylan then?

In the past when QLDer's have stepped in because of injury it was made well and truly clear that they were filling in for an incumbent (and they generally step up accordingly).

This is not the same scenario because Moylan was touted as the future then simply cast aside because Tedesco happened to school him on the weekend of SOO selection.

Oates would step aside in a heartbeat if Slater was deemed fit.
    Poor analogy.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:43 pm

Ice wrote:I still feel for Moylan and think he has a big future for NSW. Think it was a tough call and a mistake cutting him from the squad altogether. I'd still would have found a spot for him even if it was in place of Ferguson, be it on bench with Dugan to wing and bird to centre or Moylan straight to wing.

Moylan will be back next year, replacing Maloney.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

So why does everyone (including yourself) feel for Moylan then?

In the past when QLDer's have stepped in because of injury it was made well and truly clear that they were filling in for an incumbent (and they generally step up accordingly).

This is not the same scenario because Moylan was touted as the future then simply cast aside because Tedesco happened to school him on the weekend of SOO selection.

Oates would step aside in a heartbeat if Slater was deemed fit.
    Poor analogy.

No, its an appropriate analogy. The only difference with it is he was not replacing an incumbent, he was replacing a guy who was going to get picked ahead of him though. Tedesco was going to be picked before his injury. 100% fact. I feel for moylan becuase he has done nothing wrong and has been dropped. He has been dropped because Tedesco (the better player) is now healthy. Just like how Oates would be dropped because the better player is now healthy if slater came back.

I am sure he would have been told that Ted was the first choice when he was selected anyway - but he was there to do a job. Much like boyd is playing fullback and doing his job there until Slater is fit (if he comes back).

It most certainly wont knock Moylan or anyone else in the team's confidence around - if anything, the experience of playing Origin will make Moylan a better, more confident player and when he gets another crack he will be heaps better off for it.

I dont think he was ever touted as the "future of NSW". Just a young(ish) guy who is a good player, who got a start because someone else was injured. Moylan wont play fullback for NSW again unless there are some injuries - he may play 6 for NSW if he moves there for his club, which wont happen any time soon either.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:02 pm

Pieman wrote:

No, its an appropriate analogy. The only difference with it is he was not replacing an incumbent, he was replacing a guy who was going to get picked ahead of him though. Tedesco was going to be picked before his injury. 100% fact. I feel for moylan becuase he has done nothing wrong and has been dropped. He has been dropped because Tedesco (the better player) is now healthy. Just like how Oates would be dropped because the better player is now healthy if slater came back.

I am sure he would have been told that Ted was the first choice when he was selected anyway - but he was there to do a job. Much like boyd is playing fullback and doing his job there until Slater is fit (if he comes back).

It most certainly wont knock Moylan or anyone else in the team's confidence around - if anything, the experience of playing Origin will make Moylan a better, more confident player and when he gets another crack he will be heaps better off for it.

I dont think he was ever touted as the "future of NSW". Just a young(ish) guy who is a good player, who got a start because someone else was injured. Moylan wont play fullback for NSW again unless there are some injuries - he may play 6 for NSW if he moves there for his club, which wont happen any time soon either.

I think they have made the right call but it is far from 100% fact Tedesco was going to be selected for Game 1 except for injury. If it was Teddy would have played game 2 since he was fit and had played round 13 before game 2 was selected. The way Daley was talking in the lead up to origin, it seemed that Dugan was going to be picked at fullback (as he originally was before injury), and probably at the expense of Teddy.

Daley has this weird obsession with "not blooding players too early and damaging them like it did to him when he was selected too early". I get that when it comes to someone like Cartwright who still has deficiencies in his game, but by the same token, I reckon most NSW supporters would love to have players who end up as damaged as Daley and with origin careers even half as good as his.

Edit: Just to confirm, I'm not saying those players will be as good as Daley, just that I think he is understating how good he turned out. He might feel he was damaged for a couple of years, but maybe he ended up the player he was because he was put in there. I was a mistake having him kick goals though - surely there was even some toe poker who could have done better than him.

Last edited by Dip on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:04 pm

Ice wrote:Think Daley made a minor mistake naming Frizell lock as opposed to jackson. I think Jackson should be the one doing any middle work, and Frizell should be allowed to run wide on the edges. I think it will be an absolute waste of his skills using Frizell in the Middle of the park.

Completely agree.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Isn't that the idea that you don't name your starting squad 1-13 to keep them guessing.
    We already know that Monday's headline will be that Parker, Oates, Inglis and Cronk didn't train due to a dodgy vindaloo and Thaiday is on a drip he's lost that much fluid.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Nearly had a heart attack reading the teamlist and seeing Graham in the 11 and Jackson in the 12 thinking Friz had missed out Laughing
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:31 pm

You can't compare Slater and Tedesco's situations. One bloke has played a shed load of rep games. One guy nearly got picked for the first time.

I get the attempt at parallels, but... No.

I reckon teddy deserves the spot, so don't think I disagree in principal!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:59 pm

dasherhalo wrote:You can't compare Slater and Tedesco's situations. One bloke has played a shed load of rep games. One guy nearly got picked for the first time.

I get the attempt at parallels, but... No.

I reckon teddy deserves the spot, so don't think I disagree in principal!

I mentioned that as the difference between the two situations Dessy.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:23 pm

Ice wrote:Think Daley made a minor mistake naming Frizell lock as opposed to jackson. I think Jackson should be the one doing any middle work, and Frizell should be allowed to run wide on the edges. I think it will be an absolute waste of his skills using Frizell in the Middle of the park.

Do you watch many Dragons games mate?
    Friz starts on the right but ends up playing 3/4 of his game in the middle.
    Jackson plays exclusively on the right hand side.

I can see Tamou starting at lock anyway and one of Graham or Friz will be on the bench, prob Graham, with Friz starting on the left.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:22 am