NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

Ice

NSW Blues - Page 36 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Ice Mon 4 Jul 2016 - 22:34

I still think the retention of Ferguson was a massive mistake. Long term Moylan could be anything. For mine ferguson has already peaked. I'd have gambled with Moylan on the wing or utility over Fergo. I just think on your back three. You find the best three regardless of position and have thought that since Hayne was being dumped on wing with Gildey in the 1. Back then we could have had any combination of Hayne, Stewart, Mini, Dugan filling the 1, & 5, but we kept finding a place for Gildey and dumping our best FB in the wing and trying to p,ay gumby wingers like Turner, McManus, Merritt, that other chopper from the Storm.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 1:26

Why has Merrin seemingly dropped off he face of the earth in terms of NSW selection?

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 1:27

Welshy wrote:Why has Merrin seemingly dropped off he face of the earth in terms of NSW selection?

The way we play him isn't suited to his game. Our lack of game plan doesn't suit his style either.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 1:32

Honeysett wrote:

The way we play him isn't suited to his game. Our lack of game plan doesn't suit his style either.

I for one would love to see Merrin at lock with Friz and Graham on the edges or at least have Merrin coming off the pine
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 2:24

I'd rather Jackson at lock or even Klemmer. Merrin hasn't impressed me for quite awhile.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 2:53

Honeysett wrote:I'd rather Jackson at lock or even Klemmer. Merrin hasn't impressed me for quite awhile.

Jackson is just meh and a lot of players can offer the same effort he does whilst increasing on his attacking output, I reckon Merrin was affecting more than was let on with that illness at the start of the season and only now fully recovered, I hope he keeps going and works his way back into contention for next year
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 12:37

I like Merrin, but Loz clearly cant handle a bloke who can attack and offload a bit. Hopefully with Gallen thankfully fucking off next year, Merrin slots right in but he wont, it will be corndner. Tamou is the one who has really not impressed me this series.

In all seriousness I would have gone with Teddy on the wing with Moylan at the back this game and have them interchange. Im extremely happy that Tedesco is there but Fergo is not the future of the side and most likely wont be there next year so why not fuck him off now.

Unless there is an injury - I cant see Moylan making his way back into the side at fullback over Tedesco.

He wont be playing 6 any time soon either with Martin/Cleary/Carty at the club... Bye bye Moylan.
    IMO he is so totally over rated thanks to gus. Dont get me wrong, hes a good player but if he didnt have blondish hair and if Gus didnt jizz in his pants every time he touches the ball the comparisons to lockyer would never have been brought up.

Agree with the Jackson stuff. His effort and defence is second to none and I respect that and sometimes that is what the side needs over attack. He is intense but belongs in the middle IMO because he has no attack at origin level. With Cordner Friz Graham looking like the future of the back row, I cant see room for jackson when someone like Graham does the same thing as Jackson yet offers some attack too.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 12:58

Pieman wrote:
    Do you watch many Dragons games mate?
    Friz starts on the right but ends up playing 3/4 of his game in the middle.
    Jackson plays exclusively on the right hand side.

I can see Tamou starting at lock anyway and one of Graham or Friz will be on the bench, prob Graham, with Friz starting on the left.

I'll be honest, I don't see a lot of Dragons games, and it may be the case that he doe plenty of middle work, (I'd say because of a lack of other quality forwards at the Dragons, but that shouldn't be the case for NSW). In my view he is a more destructive runner and so I want him running on the edges where he is even more likely to bust some tackles and hit some good holes, cause I think he does that better than Jackson, plus, when he makes those breaks, which are more likely to come on the edge, he is faster than Jackson.

I think Jackson can handle work load, particularly defensively, in the middle for NSW no problem at all and, even though he doesn't do much middle work at the Dogs cause he DOES have a bunch of quality forwards around him at the Doggies.

No way does Tamou starts at Lock. I think Daley will go with the three backrowers he has named and given Tamous low output in the first two games, he will try use him for maximum impact in a couple of short spells for mine.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 13:04

He started at lock in the first game.. Loz likes starting with 3 props.

I understand your logic and with Friz and Jackson and agree with it to a certain extent, but if you actually look at what they do in club games - picking friz in the middle and jackson on the right makes sense. I'm sure blokes will move around a bit anyway.

Ice

Post by Ice Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 13:12

Pieman wrote:He started at lock in the first game.. Loz likes starting with 3 props.

I understand your logic and with Friz and Jackson and agree with it to a certain extent, but if you actually look at what they do in club games - picking friz in the middle and jackson on the right makes sense. I'm sure blokes will move around a bit anyway.

Lock/prop, semantics really. I don't think he will start this game and I think it would be right not to start him, but hey, who knows with Laurie.

I don't think he will bench Jackson to start, and he started Friz in game 2 and that went well and he'd be mad not to stick with it as it meant Friz was straight into the game and didn't have to sweat it out on the bench, and I think that would be the right approach with Graham also, get him right in the game from the get go so he has a feel for the true tempo of an Origin game from Kick off.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 13:31

I dont think he will bench jackson or friz. The only one he may bench is Graham but wouldnt be surprised if he didnt bench any lol
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue 5 Jul 2016 - 14:01

Ice wrote:

I'll be honest, I don't see a lot of Dragons games

Me either. I mean, I start watching them when Frizell is on the right, but their stack puts me to sleep by the time he shifts to the centre.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 16:12

Reynolds in doubt.
    Surely they bring Moylan back in and he plays 6? Why not give it a crack??
    Either that or JBird plays 6 and someone else comes into the squad? JTrbo or TTrbo?
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 16:17

Pieman wrote:Reynolds in doubt.
    Surely they bring Moylan back in and he plays 6? Why not give it a crack??
    Either that or JBird plays 6 and someone else comes into the squad? JTrbo or TTrbo?

I suspect they will bring Pearce in.

Perhaps they will shift Bird to 6, and maybe recall Greg Bird, or as you say, play TTurbo, but neither of those two make sense to me, TTurbo would be a Dylan Walkeresque selection on the bench. doesn't make any sense.

Funny that the Panthers pulled Cartwright from camp, otherwise, it would be easy to play him or JBird in the 6 with the other as a utility.

I'd be happy if they just recall Moylan and Leave JBird as the utility for minimal disruption.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

My money is on Pearce.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 16:25

No love for Walker at 5/8? That's where he was playing when he showed the form that had him selected in origin 1.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 16:29

Actually, even though I'm a big wrap on Moylan, maybe, just maybe, now is the opportunity to play JBird in the 6 and Pearce gets to return via the bench at 27. the same age Cronk was when he debuted from the bench.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 16:30

Dip wrote:No love for Walker at 5/8? That's where he was playing when he showed the form that had him selected in origin 1.

None whatsoever. Id take Jeff Robson in the 7 before Walker in the 6 for this game.

That said, you might just be right, maybe Bird to 6 and Walker back to utility. Arrgggghhh.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 16:35

I hope they bring Moylan in to play 6.
    I dont know if its the best option, but its the most exciting IMO.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 16:35

I wouldnt mind Pearce on the bench - if he is there to play hooker/back row and cover the halves for injury
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed 6 Jul 2016 - 16:40

Pieman wrote:I hope they bring Moylan in to play 6.
    I dont know if its the best option, but its the most exciting IMO.

Agreed

Current date/time is Sat 20 Apr 2024 - 6:14