NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

Ice

NSW Blues - Page 31 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Ice Mon May 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

You can almost feel the insincerity in this post shining through the false bravado.....

What a deadset rabble

Nah, I sincerely think filthy stinking Qlders are filthy sticking fucktards, I promise.

Mate, I wouldn't bet your money on a Blues series victory, but I'm confident, as you rightly describe, this NSW rabble will beat what should be considered an almost unbeatable Qld side, in game 1.

Last edited by Ice on Mon May 23, 2016 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Shanbon wrote:Pretty sure Fifita will miss out.

Moylan
    Mansour
    Jennings
    Dugan
    Ferguson
    Maloney
    Reynolds
    Woods
    Farah
    Gallen
    Cordner
    Jackson
    Bird

Walker (another bob Fulton manly pick)
    Klemmer
    Tamou
    Frizell

Morris
    Fifita

Almost certainly!! Fifita is clearly the most likely to turn the game on his head, therefore, he is the most likely to be left out by the NSW selectors.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 23, 2016 5:25 pm

Apologies Bren, i thought u had posted the nsw team, not just a guess lol. Lost the plot.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon May 23, 2016 7:53 pm

I really feel we've missed the boat the with utility spot.

Reynolds
    Peachey
    Austin
    Bird

all better options I feel.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Honeysett wrote:I really feel we've missed the boat the with utility spot.

Reynolds
    Peachey
    Austin
    Bird

all better options I feel.

Agreed, and about 15 others I can think of without trying.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon May 23, 2016 8:44 pm

NSW Blues - Page 31 13239082_1624333057891645_7108585654690997072_n
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 23, 2016 8:52 pm

The Walker one is clearly Bozo putting his foot down and Loz either being
    1. a fucking pussy and not quitting because he cant have the team he wants
    2. just as dumb as bozo.

Loz has all but said Walker will be in the team. Its just mental. Honestly if he HAS to be in the side I would rather he was starting at centre over Jennings or Dugan. Having him on the bench is just crazy, considering the only position that isnt already covered in the side is Hooker - and Walker cant play there.

I would prefer Moylan as the bench utility over him. I would prefer dugan start at 1, with walker at right centre, and moylan on the bench.

Honestly, His selection is not the worst selection in the world (he can thank buhrer for that) and it wont effect the game that much because he will only play 10 mins if any. But why not pick a bloke and plan to use him as a hooker/back rower. We dont need a fucking centre on the bench.

I think Friz and Morris miss out...

I would rather have Klemmer start at 13 with Bird on the bench too.

Walker... just such a bizzare selection. The rest of the side I dont really have a problem with and I particularly like the Reynolds selection.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 23, 2016 8:54 pm

If they wanted a centre on the bench why not fucking pick Jack Bird.
    He can cover all the positions Walker can, plus halfback, back row and prob hooker for a bit.
    He actually went well at 6 last year unlike walker at 6 this year. Plus he's played halfback for city/country twice now and has been good.

Its just mental.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue May 24, 2016 11:06 am

big series for Jennings i reckon

has spent most of his career opposite hodges, hodges generally won the battle but Jennings had some great games and considering the player he was up against, i think he did well

but this series won't be about holding his own, he's got a debutant opposite him, the winger outside him has only played 1 game. he has a strong ball runner outside (also on debut, in experienced side lol) who if he puts him into a bit of space, will be hard to stop.

Jennings needs early ball but he also need to make the most of it, its the first time in year where we have a definite advantage at one centre position, need to turn it to points
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 24, 2016 11:42 am

Pieman wrote:If they wanted a centre on the bench why not fucking pick Jack Bird.
    He can cover all the positions Walker can, plus halfback, back row and prob hooker for a bit.
    He actually went well at 6 last year unlike walker at 6 this year. Plus he's played halfback for city/country twice now and has been good.

Its just mental.

Walker is undoubtedly a deplorable selection......but it is still a better choice than going with the highly over-rated Jack Bird.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Walker is undoubtedly a deplorable selection......but it is still a better choice than going with the highly over-rated Jack Bird.

Well as a utility, definitely not.
    As a centre, walker prob edges him.
    Everywhere else, just no.

Also, Bird is actually in form and walker is so horribly out of form, its disgusting.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 am

jmoz named and frizzell not named

make up all but confirmed and sadly fifita will not play, frizzell on the bench over him. probs make sense for the balance of the team but leaving fifita out in the form he is in is a bad move
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 25, 2016 9:40 am

leaguegod wrote:jmoz named and frizzell not named

make up all but confirmed and sadly fifita will not play, frizzell on the bench over him. probs make sense for the balance of the team but leaving fifita out in the form he is in is a bad move

Just wow.... I mean, I like Friz. I would have him in my team but not at the expense of Fifita!!!!!! far out.
    If NSW want to bash QLD they could start with Fifita or Klemmer at 13 with Friz on the bench.
    I just dont understand these selections hey.... Fifita has been fucking brilliant this year.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu May 26, 2016 8:29 am

frizzell playing for saints this week, fifi in!

the more i think about, the more i want gal or woods (preferably woods) on the bench. i think we're better of splitting their minutes while they play next a high impact player

my break up would be

8 Tamou
    9 Farah
    10 Fifi
    11 Cordner
    12 Jackson
    13 Gal

14 Bird - if he isn't possibly cover the edge guys, i don't see the purpose in letting him use so much energy in the first 20-30 minutes in the middle, its always such a grind, let him come on in the middle after 30 (replacing tamou and move wider later in the 2nd half if needed
    15 Klemmer - comes on for fifi
    16 Woods - comes on for gal
    17 Walker

only query is whether 3 interchanges in first half is to many, some teams use 3 but a fair few only use 1-2 and save up more for the 2nd half
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu May 26, 2016 8:51 am

leaguegod wrote:frizzell playing for saints this week, fifi in!

the more i think about, the more i want gal or woods (preferably woods) on the bench. i think we're better of splitting their minutes while they play next a high impact player

my break up would be

8 Tamou
    9 Farah
    10 Fifi
    11 Cordner
    12 Jackson
    13 Gal

14 Bird - if he isn't possibly cover the edge guys, i don't see the purpose in letting him use so much energy in the first 20-30 minutes in the middle, its always such a grind, let him come on in the middle after 30 (replacing tamou and move wider later in the 2nd half if needed
    15 Klemmer - comes on for fifi
    16 Woods - comes on for gal
    17 Walker

only query is whether 3 interchanges in first half is to many, some teams use 3 but a fair few only use 1-2 and save up more for the 2nd half

Not going to lie, your pack concerns me - particularly now it appears Daley has finally figured out fat guts is a prop and Fifita is a gun.

Walker is still a typical copycat selection but he won't win or lose you the match I feel.

I'm hoping if the forwards are equal as I expect/hope they will be, our halves may be better at playing off a non-dominant pack.

If your best half was available, I'd be tipping the Blues.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri May 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Our first set from the kick off will be Gallen, Woods, Bird, Gallen, Bird, Kick ans so it will go, with Bird and Gallen chalking up a heap of metres at not many per run until we throw Fifita in and he is wasted carting the ball up the middle.

I agree with the tinkering that others have suggest. Given Jackson and Corder offer nothing off the bench, nor does Walker, id be moving Bird to the bench as i do reckon he offers some punch from there.

I'd start:
    Woods
    Farah
    Tamou
    Jackson
    Corder
    Gallen

First sub would be Klemmer for Woods.
    I'd then inject Bird for Tamou, Shifting Gallen to the Middle
    Fifita then comes in for Jackson and I have him running the edges and at Thurston.

That should get us to half time. with plenty of interchanges for the second half. Walker warms the pine.

Fifita would start off again with Klemmer and Gallen.

That gives you plenty of punch to bring off the bench in the second half.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:44 pm

First game 2 casualty

Cordner out for 4-6 weeks

i'd probably pick wade graham but with friz being in camp, i'm sure he'll get the call up for game 2
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:18 pm

yeah you would think Frizzell would be a direct replacement - bird prob starts now with friz on the bench

Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:59 pm

Yep, Friz in. I think he'll start him to maintain Bird on the bench who is probs a bit more of a flexible option.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Ice wrote:Yep, Friz in. I think he'll start him to maintain Bird on the bench who is probs a bit more of a flexible option.

i think i'd start bird, i'd rather bird play a bit more edge minutes this time around so we can find more minutes for fifita and klemmer

bring friz on after 30ish(to play out the game from there) and give either bird or jackson a spell (probs jackson) then jackson comes on for bird after 10-15 in 2nd half and we still have the ability to throw bird back in the middle in the last ten

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 am