NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

Honeysett
    Honeysett

NSW Blues - Page 17 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Honeysett Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:27 pm

NSW will pick Greg Bird at 6 I can foresee it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:52 pm

Honeysett wrote:NSW will pick Greg Bird at 6 I can foresee it.

Did you like Tedesco's ball playing tonight mate?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Apparently Loz has Maloney pencilled in at 7.
    If he is the 7, who is the 6?

Pearce?? lol

Im sensing Greg Bird.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Will Pearce be selected for City? He hasn't in the past, but after 8 weeks off you'd think he'd have to play this year to be any chance.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:41 pm

So interesting topic by the commentary team tonight.

If Corey Norman could play for NSW would he walk into the side?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Random wrote:So interesting topic by the commentary team tonight.

Of course he would. Who else do the Blues have? Dog humper Pearce?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:32 pm

Random wrote:So interesting topic by the commentary team tonight.

Prob not.
    He is in form and is a very good player - so actually, no chance.

Also, with Tedesco getting hurt - that solves the FB problem. Lachlan Coote.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 02, 2016 1:09 pm

IS Tedesco defo out of Origin 1?

My team without him looks like this:

1. Coote (Form FB of comp)
    2. Ferguson (Has perfomred at this level, amy as well work the Aus Combo, even if i wouldn't have him in the Aus Side)
    3. Dugan (In form Incumbent)
    4. Jennings (In form incumbent)
    5. Mansour (Deserves his crack in the absence of other viable option, his kick return is vital)
    6. Fucktard 1 (Is shit, will cost us the series again, whoever it is)
    7. Fucktard 2 (see above)
    8. Tamou (Form prop of the comp)
    9. Farah (Starting to hit his straps, deserves to hold his spot at this stage but I don't think he has 80 in him, hence the bench selection)
    10. Klemmer (Sick of our best starting on the pine, he is our second best prop, start him)
    11. Scott (career best form, gets picked when not going as good so don't see why they'd drop him, brings the defensive work to the backrow that was always missing when we failed to pick Hindy in place of ball playing backrowers who couldn't tackle)
    12. Cartwright (Time to blood him, and I'd get him in there from the start so he has no time to get nervous on the bench)
    13. Gallen (I actually personally wouldn't pick him, but he will be there)

14. Peats (Think with the interchange this is important and at a pinch he can defend as a lock also, plus its a nod to the future. Injury free he is clearly the next NSW number 9)
    15. Fifita (Yes, yes, i know, but seriously, at his best, he is the most dangerous big man in the game. Tell to run hard and wide, not as a battering ram in the middle, leave that to Klemmer, Tamou and the other bench forwards)
    16. Trbojevic (really like this kid, think he has a big future, time to get him in there.
    17. Graham (Think he is ready, consistently one of the sharks best couple each week, tough as and brings some ball playing that we will likely lack in the halves.

I really like that team for this year and the future, we simply don't have Origin standard halves, so won't win, but put any of the non starting Qld Halves in that side and it competes with QLD and maybe takes a series when we have two home games.

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2016 1:22 pm

Ice wrote:
    8. Tamou (Form prop of the comp)

Lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 02, 2016 1:30 pm

I dont mind your team @ice But surely Jmoz does not miss out on a centre spot. He is in great form this year.

Personally - this is what I think they will do.

Dugan
    Fergo
    Jennings
    Jmoz
    Hoppa
    Bird
    Maloney
    Gallen
    Farah
    Tamou
    Scott
    Hoffman
    Jackson

Merrin
    Fifita
    Cordner
    Klemmer

I genuinely think the team will be that.

If its not maloney and bird - I think it will be Maloney and Pearce in the halves, Bird at lock and Jackson misses out - I fucking hate the mix of that team too.

Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 02, 2016 4:46 pm

Pieman wrote:I dont mind your team @ice But surely Jmoz does not miss out on a centre spot. He is in great form this year.

Personally - this is what I think they will do.

Dugan
    Fergo
    Jennings
    Jmoz
    Hoppa
    Bird
    Maloney
    Gallen
    Farah
    Tamou
    Scott
    Hoffman
    Jackson

Merrin
    Fifita
    Cordner
    Klemmer

I genuinely think the team will be that.

If its not maloney and bird - I think it will be Maloney and Pearce in the halves, Bird at lock and Jackson misses out - I fucking hate the mix of that team too.

Soooo much wrong with that team, it cant possibly be the team.

J Moz had his colours lowered by Vai Toutai on Friday. He might have got the choccies over McDonald the week before that, but Kata had his number in the Warriors game as did Leilua in the Raiders game, hell, even when they thumped the Bunnies i reckon Hymel Hunt was ever bit up to the Morris challenge. Even Hampton as a fill in wasn't completely dominated. If NSW is to go forward, Morris has to be one of the guys to make way, that said, I'd suggest he will be there, likely at the expense of Jennings, which is a joke really.

Last edited by Ice on Mon May 02, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Bren wrote:

Lol

Form prop of his team at least.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Ice wrote:

Soooo much wrong with that team, it cant possibly be the team.  

J Moz had his colours lowered by Vai Toutai on Friday. He might have got the choccies over McDonald the week before that, but Kata had his number in the Warriors game as did Leilua in the Raiders game, hell, even when they thumped the Bunnies i reckon Hymel Hunt was ever bit up to the Morris challenge. Even Hampton as a fill in wasn't completely dominated. If NSW is to go forward, Morris has to be one of the guys to make way, that said, I'd suggest he will be there, likely at the expense of Jennings, which is a joke really.

Im aware that there is a lot wrong with it, I hate it but thats the kind of team they will choose. Its nearly identical to last years side, Loz wont make too many changes, we all know that.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 02, 2016 5:32 pm

Pieman wrote:

Im aware that there is a lot wrong with it, I hate it but thats the kind of team they will choose. Its nearly identical to last years side, Loz wont make too many changes, we all know that.

fair point
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue May 03, 2016 1:06 pm

God i wish they would f@$k Daley off (come on people he has been involved as either a selector or coach for 7or8 of the last 10 series where we went 1-9) and then reset the whole team. Go younger and hungrier without the past 10 years pressuring them.

1.Tedesco
    2.Fegusson
    3.Jennings/Bird
    4.Crocker
    5.Trbjevic
    6.Hastings/Austin
    7.Reynolds
    8.Woods
    9.Peats
    10.Klemmer
    11.Jackson
    12.Graham
    13.Trbjevic

14.Peachey
    15.Paulo/Vaughn
    16.Tamou/Merrin
    17.Cartwright

Im sure there are people who think this is crazy or just dont get some selections (like Peachey but that kid can play, is versatile and offers more impact off the bench then other utility options). Personally i dont rate Cartwright as high as some right now but think he will become a top player, needs to work on miss tackles and game situation a little more. Im guessing some people will hate the Hastings pick but mark my words he will kill it over the back half of this season now he isnt controlling everything at the Roosters, has a top 3 short kicking game in the comp, and a great passing game.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue May 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Shanbon wrote:God i wish they would f@$k Daley off (come on people he has been involved as either a selector or coach for 7or8 of the last 10 series where we went 1-9) and then reset the whole team. Go younger and hungrier without the past 10 years pressuring them.

1.Tedesco
    2.Fegusson
    3.Jennings/Bird
    4.Crocker
    5.Trbjevic
    6.Hastings/Austin
    7.Reynolds
    8.Woods
    9.Peats
    10.Klemmer
    11.Jackson
    12.Graham
    13.Trbjevic

14.Peachey
    15.Paulo/Vaughn
    16.Tamou/Merrin
    17.Cartwright

Im sure there are people who think this is crazy or just dont get some selections (like Peachey but that kid can play, is versatile and offers more impact off the bench then other utility options). Personally i dont rate Cartwright as high as some right now but think he will become a top player, needs to work on miss tackles and game situation a little more. Im guessing some people will hate the Hastings pick but mark my words he will kill it over the back half of this season now he isnt controlling everything at the Roosters, has a top 3 short kicking game in the comp, and a great passing game.  

Id shift Klemmer to the bench for Tamou, bring in Austin for Peachey, Mansour for Fergo and Dugan for Croker. But even looking at a "futures" team, that would still run rings around any "all ages" team you could pick.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed May 04, 2016 10:23 am

i'll the anti NRL FF and throw out my team that will have alot less fresh faces then the majority here but my opinion is that we can win this year and i think pick the best players for now, not for later

1. Teddy - if injured dugan
    2. Dugan
    3. Jennings
    4. Jmoz
    5. Mansour/roberts (fergy will probably be picked)
    6. Maloney
    7. ???? its probs gonna be pearce
    8 Tamou
    9 Farah
    10 Woods
    11 Hoffman
    12 Graham (it will be scott)
    13 Gallen

14 G Bird
    15 Klemmer
    16 Fifita
    17 Merrin

jackson or cordner will be there on the bench, probably over merrin, out of them i'd probably rather cordner

as a dogs fan, i obviously like jackson, Jackson is a big minute edge backrower, he does that well but expecting him to provide impact off the bench or play big minutes in the middle is stupid. if you pick him to play 60 minutes on the edge, then he'll run good lines all day and do a good job, if you're tossing up any other role, there are several better options

Fifita is playing as well as he was a few years ago and klemmer is career best form for us, them 2 guys off the bench are gonna give us a big lift after 20

our halves are diabolical, pearce being suspended actually helped his case because no one else put their hand up
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed May 04, 2016 11:24 am

leaguegod wrote:
    7. ???? its probs gonna be pearce

our halves are diabolical, pearce being suspended actually helped his case because no one else put their hand up

I think you might be right. As a Queenslander I find it hilarious that:
    a) Pearce will very possibly be picked again; and
    b) Pearce improved his chances of selection by actually not playing (as opposed to denting his chances by actually playing).
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed May 04, 2016 11:39 am

I sort of agree with LG and TBH I think NSW have a massive opportunity this year and really don't need to rush in to panic selections.

I also think you should always go back to tried and tested blokes like JMoz.

My best NSW team would be:

1. Teddy/Dugan
    2. Dugan/Hoppa
    3. Jennings
    4. JMoz
    5. Ferg
    6. Maloney
    7. Pearce - easily your best half and don't even get me started Khunts
    8. Tamou
    9. Farah
    10. Woods (will he be back? - if not chuck fat guts in prop where he should be, Bird in at lock and bring in Cordner/Jackson to the bench)
    11. Hoffman
    12. Scott
    13. Gallen

14. G Bird
    15. Klemmer
    16. Fifita
    17. Merrin

Some of the other names being thrown about are laughable e.g. JBird etc.

The only bloke coming through the ranks that I would consider is JTurbo - deadset gun and no risk
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed May 04, 2016 11:50 am

Jturbo is pretty impressive, alot of youngsters get throw up but alot of them have holes early in their career that could be found out. Jturbo plays like he has several years experience already

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:45 am