NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

Honeysett
    Honeysett

NSW Blues - Page 13 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:05 pm

8 debutants heading into Origin is a massive risk. I wouldn't blood that man people, you're asking a lot of the players.

Let's see how well the Raiders boys go before giving them the jersey. Teddy is a must, there's no way you leave him out.
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Gal looked solid off the bench yesterday, looks a lot more effective when he doesn't have to do all the grunt work in the early stages.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Honeysett wrote:8 debutants heading into Origin is a massive risk. I wouldn't blood that man people, you're asking a lot of the players.

Let's see how well the Raiders boys go before giving them the jersey. Teddy is a must, there's no way you leave him out.

Mate, I agree its a lot to ask of the players - but the experienced guys lose anyway, why not give some new blokes a go?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:56 pm

NSW need to pick and stick with two halves for the next few years. Pearce is not the answer and IMO neither is Hodkinson. Shame AReynolds has been injured a lot around origin time as he should be the bloke you build the team around for the future. Austin + Sezer or Austin and Arey is the key
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:49 am

i really hope carty doesn't get picked, there is no way he is ready for origin, he has nine errors in 5 games (not all have been big minutes) atleast half of them have been forced by him shying away from contact and throwing a pass that wasn't on

he is talented, he can do special things, he will play origin but throwing him in this year is throwing him to wolves, he isn't close to ready

Atm he is rocks and Diamonds, Origin finds away to punish the rocks and limit the diamonds

i think its to early for Tturbo too

i hope austin and sezar find form too, my team(which changes slightly every week )

Teddy
    Dugan
    Jmoz
    Jennings
    Mansour
    Austin
    Sezar
    Woods
    Farah
    Tamou
    Hoff
    Graham
    Gallen

Bird
    Klemmer
    Fifita
    Merrin

Roberts V mansour close for me but love the idea of mansour and dugan making big early yards

could also go vaughn/frizell over merrin but i'm not really sure i'd like to have more then 4 debutantes
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:04 am

leaguegod wrote:i really hope carty doesn't get picked, there is no way he is ready for origin, he has nine errors in 5 games (not all have been big minutes) atleast half of them have been forced by him shying away from contact and throwing a pass that wasn't on

he is talented, he can do special things, he will play origin but throwing him in this year is throwing him to wolves, he isn't close to ready

Atm he is rocks and Diamonds, Origin finds away to punish the rocks and limit the diamonds

i think its to early for Tturbo too

i hope austin and sezar find form too, my team(which changes slightly every week )

Teddy
    Dugan
    Jmoz
    Jennings
    Mansour
    Austin
    Sezar
    Woods
    Farah
    Tamou
    Hoff
    Graham
    Gallen

Bird
    Klemmer
    Fifita
    Merrin

Roberts V mansour close for me but love the idea of mansour and dugan making big early yards

could also go vaughn/frizell over merrin but i'm not really sure i'd like to have more then 4 debutantes

You want to talk about rocks and diamonds yet pick Mansour in the side?

I too think that Carty not ready for origin, and prob wouldnt pick him. Its hard tho.
    I wouldnt be picking Hoffman or Jennings.

How old was GI/Slater when they got picked?
    Trbo is a class player - He is a guy we can pick on the wing for the next 10 years.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:09 am

What's with the Hoffman hate? He's been one of our best for a few years now, I don't care what his club form is like keep picking him until he drops the ball.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 am

mansour has been making better defensive decisions, he does have an error in him but not as much as carty. Mansour power running game will be effective in origin, Carty's fancy ball playing is not likely to have the same result with the speed of thge defensive line and ability of the QLD defense, its more likely to end in a dave taylor like performance, give carty time to polish his game

i'm not even thinking twice re hoffman and jennings, both in the side without hesitation

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:31 am

this is the team i think loz will pick if he was picking right now, going by his comments and history

1 teddy
    2 dugan
    3 jennings
    4 jmoz
    5 fergo
    6 jrey
    7 hodko
    8 woods
    9 farah
    10 tamou
    11 hoff
    12 scott
    13 gal

14 bird
    15 klemmer
    16 jackson
    17 Fifita/merrin

i don't hate all of it.

things i don't like

Jrey -he is playing better but we need more creativity at this level

Fergo - we have so many wing options we don't need to pick someone who through the camp in to disarray last time he was there, i think his form has been under whelming too, missing alot of tackles

Scott - playing well for the eels but edge backrowers are we do have the depth, its time to move on from scott, played a key role in 2014 but if anyone thinks he is better then wade graham(for example), then they don't deserve to picking rep teams

Jackson - as a dogs fan, i love alot about Jackson but he actually struggled for a bit at club level when coming off the bench, he runs good lines and will run them all game, he wins because he does that consistently over 80 minutes. leave jackson out this year, maybe in the future he can do what hoffman does. If you want to pick a backrower to come off the bench or play in the middle, pick frizzell or one of a few other options we have there.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 am

i think every NSW fans hopes the raiders gel and stay healhy, the other options are not very appealing

i could go sezar/arey if they both returned in form too
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:23 pm

leaguegod wrote:mansour has been making better defensive decisions, he does have an error in him but not as much as carty. Mansour power running game will be effective in origin, Carty's fancy ball playing is not likely to have the same result with the speed of thge defensive line and ability of the QLD defense, its more likely to end in a dave taylor like performance, give carty time to polish his game

i'm not even thinking twice re hoffman and jennings, both in the side without hesitation

Mansours running is great, but his hands are terrible. His 2/3 drops a game would kill NSW. His ball control just isnt good enough.

Carty, I agree, but his creativity off the bench for 20 mins could also be a game changer. Its prob a bit early for him tho.

If you pock Jennings, then you have to pick Jmoz on the right - hes in better form this year than he has been for ages.
    Which means Roberts misses out, which sucks. Jmoz of the left with roberts on the right is the go. Or roberts on one of the wings.

Sezer and Austin looked unreal last night against he dogs by the way too.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:53 pm

i could defs go jennings & jmoz at centre with roberts on the right wing

carty has a game breaking ability but i just think he'll be more suited for origin in 12 months when he's game is a bit more polish, origin line speed is so fast, if he tried to much fancy ball playing, i could see QLD just forcing multiple errors out of him

agreed, especially sezar. i'm all aboard the sezar train, still not 100% convinced re austin
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Laurie Daley may pick Moylan at Five-Eight? About as good of a pick as it was for Bren in the Draft Game.

Linkem
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:03 pm

I don't think anyone is screaming out to be picked except for Teddy.

We need to beat QLD not try to not lose, who would put fear into QLD? Guys like Teddy, Roberts, J Bird for mine need to be picked. We need experience there as well so keeping J Morris/Hoffman etc is a must.

I would have Roberts on the wing with Morris, Morris always knows how to create for his winger and defensively is the best centre we have.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:43 pm

What about Coote?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:49 pm

I hope you dont pick Roberts mainly so he doesn't get injured but also because his pure speed would be a constant worry. If I personally could pick a squad I would select the following...

1. Tedesco
    2. Dugan
    3. Jennings
    4. Roberts
    5. Bmoz
    6. Sezer/Moylan
    7. A Reynolds
    8. Fifita
    9. Peats
    10. Woods
    11. Frizell
    12. Cordner
    13. Fensom

14. Austin
    15. Klemmer
    16. Tamou
    17. Jackson

** Might change a few selections later.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:59 pm

any talk of moylan at 6 is stupid imo, i would literally rather play greg bird there

fifita has gone from battling for a bench spot to being locked in imo, in great form
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:28 pm

Moylan is a terrific player, but by origin would have played what - 4 or 5 games there at most? I remember when Lockyer was injured and QLD put Karmichael Hunt there for a game. Hunt had played a couple of games previously at halfback, and at that stage of his career was a far more experienced and accomplished player than Moylan is now, and he was still a horrible failure in origin against a NSW team that was nowhere near as strong as the 2016 QLD team will be. It is asking for trouble.

I also think it is weird that when you hear Daley speak, it sounds like he still prefers Dugan at fullback. If you don't pick Tedesco now, when will you pick him?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:03 pm

Dip wrote:Moylan is a terrific player, but by origin would have played what - 4 or 5 games there at most? I remember when Lockyer was injured and QLD put Karmichael Hunt there for a game. Hunt had played a couple of games previously at halfback, and at that stage of his career was a far more experienced and accomplished player than Moylan is now, and he was still a horrible failure in origin against a NSW team that was nowhere near as strong as the 2016 QLD team will be. It is asking for trouble.

I also think it is weird that when you hear Daley speak, it sounds like he still prefers Dugan at fullback. If you don't pick Tedesco now, when will you pick him?

The poor bastard is still rattled after the comprehensive pummeling last year and may well play it safe to try and stay employed.

That or he has no idea.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Teddy and Moylan as the Blues halves.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:34 pm

If Teddy isn't the FB we need to sack everyone that is involved in the decision. IMO I would have him at FB for Australia in this form.

Teddy
    Roberts
    Morris
    Jennings
    Dugan
    Hodkinson
    A Reynolds

Moylan is still a year or two away I think.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:37 am