NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

NSW Blues - Page 12 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by ryno_ Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:24 am

Krump wrote:
    Yuck. Too much fantasy for you.
    Is there such a thing?

He out played Merrin and the Panthers pack in round 1 and was the easily best forward in the draw against Newcastle - in OT he made 2 15m runs from their own half and made the game-saving play on Newcastles second last attempt.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:04 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Because he's a fucking wall - been the best forward on the park for every minute he's played so far this year.

he's a tackler and a workhorse but offers nothing in go forward that you couldn't get from any other forward going around. no x-factor, no something that makes him stand out
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Jack De Bellin is really showing some good form playing in the middle so far this year. If he keeps it up I wouldnt mind him getting a Jersey.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:24 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

he's a tackler and a workhorse but offers nothing in go forward that you couldn't get from any other forward going around. no x-factor, no something that makes him stand out

Dragging 3 blokes 15m in the 88th minute of a game and charging down the Knights 2nd FG attempt doesnt make him stand out? Jesus. What more do you want from a forward?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:24 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Dragging 3 blokes 15m in the 88th minute of a game and charging down the Knights 2nd FG attempt doesnt make him stand out? Jesus. What more do you want from a forward?

Not sure... size?

I like fensom, hes a great club player, much like alan tongue was.
    I dont ever see him cracking the NSW team though.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Pieman wrote:

Not sure... size?

I like fensom, hes a great club player, much like alan tongue was.
    I dont ever see him cracking the NSW team though.

Why? If youre picking a hitman to come off the bench for 15min of lunacy (ie Klemmer/Papalli) I can see why size might be an issue but who cares about size? Especially in the fastest game of the year. Whats the current second row... Bird/Hoffman/Gallen? Hardly huge fellas.

Shillington had a blinder but behind him, Fensom and Taia were the 2nd and 3rd best forwards on the park. Fensom played all over both McQueen and Bird, 2 current SOO second rowers. 3/3 weeks where Fensom actually played he's been in that kind of conversation at full time. If he doesnt play itll be a case of selectors falling over themselves to pick an "origin type" player instead of somebody who actually _is_ the best option. Your Ennis-type selection.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:05 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Why? If youre picking a hitman to come off the bench for 15min of lunacy (ie Klemmer/Papalli) I can see why size might be an issue but who cares about size? Especially in the fastest game of the year. Whats the current second row... Bird/Hoffman/Gallen? Hardly huge fellas.

Shillington had a blinder but behind him, Fensom and Taia were the 2nd and 3rd best forwards on the park. Fensom played all over both McQueen and Bird, 2 current SOO second rowers. 3/3 weeks where Fensom actually played he's been in that kind of conversation at full time. If he doesnt play itll be a case of selectors falling over themselves to pick an "origin type" player instead of somebody who actually _is_ the best option. Your Ennis-type selection.

Dont get me wrong, I like Fensom as a player. But Look at the raiders record when he doesnt play though? I have a feeling they have a winning record without him. He makes a tonne of tackles, does a heap of hitups - yet doesnt always have a massive impact on a game. Guys like Gallen and Bird arent tall by they are thick as fuck (both mentally and physically), which fensom isnt. He has shown some pretty good glimpses this year and Im sure he will be in the country team, but wont get a real look-in for the SOO team.

Would I pick him to start at lock over Gallen? Prob. Purely out of hate for gallen and respect for Fensom. Fensom could be a good pick to soak up some of the hard stuff at the start of each half, or at the start and end of the game - then you bring on the 'impact' guys.

Personally, I dont think hoffman should get picked this year - his form has been terrible for the Warriors, even though he always performs well at SOO level. I just think its time to pick someone with a bit more upside like Wade Graham.

Fact is, with a guy like Gallen in the side, you dont need a guy like Fensom in the side because they essentially do similar things on the field when playing Lock.

I hate the 'not an origin player' thing. How do they know if someone isnt an origin player if they have never played origin.

I would love to see a back row of Graham, Bird, Frizzell (Bird there at a stretch) - but it will more likely be Bird, Gallen, Scott - which is just flogging a dead horse IMO.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:16 pm

What's the Bryce Cartwright injury status? I'd have him in the back row for sure. You need some attacking options since you're not going to get much from your spine IMO.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Pieman wrote:

Dont get me wrong, I like Fensom as a player. But Look at the raiders record when he doesnt play though? I have a feeling they have a winning record without him. He makes a tonne of tackles, does a heap of hitups - yet doesnt always have a massive impact on a game. Guys like Gallen and Bird arent tall by they are thick as fuck (both mentally and physically), which fensom isnt. He has shown some pretty good glimpses this year and Im sure he will be in the country team, but wont get a real look-in for the SOO team.

Would I pick him to start at lock over Gallen? Prob. Purely out of hate for gallen and respect for Fensom. Fensom could be a good pick to soak up some of the hard stuff at the start of each half, or at the start and end of the game - then you bring on the 'impact' guys.

Personally, I dont think hoffman should get picked this year - his form has been terrible for the Warriors, even though he always performs well at SOO level. I just think its time to pick someone with a bit more upside like Wade Graham.

Fact is, with a guy like Gallen in the side, you dont need a guy like Fensom in the side because they essentially do similar things on the field when playing Lock.

I hate the 'not an origin player' thing. How do they know if someone isnt an origin player if they have never played origin.

I would love to see a back row of  Graham, Bird, Frizzell (Bird there at a stretch) - but it will more likely be Bird, Gallen, Scott - which is just flogging a dead horse IMO.

I get that everyone loves him as a club player, which is why I cant understand why he doesnt get considered. He would be the perfect "first-20 and last-20" minute player. Would park the bus in front of the QLD forward pack in the first half and guarantee hed be the hardest running player in the 79th minute. You dont need to be heavy set - and with the line speed of the QLD pack, its probably best that he doesnt look like George Rose 2.0.

This "needs an x-factor" argument doesnt make sense to me. Thats what the spine is for. Forwards dont need an x-factor, they need a big motor and a thick skull. And if Beau Scott & Ben Creagh can be a mainstay of the second row for half a decade, I dont think there can be an argument for having an "x-factor" as a requirement. Those muppets are a deadset x-factor vacuum. And Tim Mannah got a handful of runs didnt he? I mean, I love a fast-play-the-ball as much as the next Ice but seriously.

I cant think of 3 second rowers who have played better then Fensom this year. I wouldnt pick 3 Fensoms for lack of variety but I cant not pick 1. I get that having Gallen and Fensom would be a double up on player-types... but if thats the call, fuck Gallen off. Myth.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:04 pm

IMO if Fensom was a Queenslander he would have got a run in SOO at some stage over the past few years. They like to have a workhorse like him who gives 100% all the time. lt seems to work for them.

Last edited by Simon Templar on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : tpyo)
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:20 am

Finally what every Blues supporter has dreamed of. We get to win origin next year Beer
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:32 am

ryno_ wrote:

I get that everyone loves him as a club player, which is why I cant understand why he doesnt get considered. He would be the perfect "first-20 and last-20" minute player. Would park the bus in front of the QLD forward pack in the first half and guarantee hed be the hardest running player in the 79th minute. You dont need to be heavy set - and with the line speed of the QLD pack, its probably best that he doesnt look like George Rose 2.0.

This "needs an x-factor" argument doesnt make sense to me. Thats what the spine is for. Forwards dont need an x-factor, they need a big motor and a thick skull. And if Beau Scott & Ben Creagh can be a mainstay of the second row for half a decade, I dont think there can be an argument for having an "x-factor" as a requirement. Those muppets are a deadset x-factor vacuum. And Tim Mannah got a handful of runs didnt he? I mean, I love a fast-play-the-ball as much as the next Ice but seriously.

I cant think of 3 second rowers who have played better then Fensom this year. I wouldnt pick 3 Fensoms for lack of variety but I cant not pick 1. I get that having Gallen and Fensom would be a double up on player-types... but if thats the call, fuck Gallen off. Myth.

Why would anyone want a player that looked like George Rose 2.0..... But a bit thicker/muscular = Greg Bird, yeh.

I agree, he is just as good as Scott - and a million times better than Creagh has ever been. I think a lot of it comes down to playing in shit canberra teams for so long. If the raiders actually do have some success soon, you might find that he will start getting picked in rep teams.
    They have gallen, he is the captain, he will be there, which means fensom will not be there. He might get a look in next year or the year after when Gallen retires (thank fuck).

Greg Bird and Paul Gallen will 100% be there. Beau Scott is likely to be the right back rower too - which I hate. Pick Hoffman on the bench too and then there is another wasted spot, and we have the same old result again. Whats Einstein's saying? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result....

Que the morons that say we shouldnt pick some different guys and try something new again.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:50 am

i can understand not wanting gal, i agree with wanting to move on from scott

but why wouldn't you want hoffman and bird ? hoffman has been our best forward the last 2 series and Bird has always stepped up for origin, if he is healthy, he is must

my perfect back row is probably

11 hoff
    12 graham
    13 bird

gal will be in the #13 jumper, i'm not as against him as most but he really needs to stay on the field to warrant his spot
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:35 am

leaguegod wrote:i can understand not wanting gal, i agree with wanting to move on from scott

but why wouldn't you want hoffman and bird ? hoffman has been our best forward the last 2 series and Bird has always stepped up for origin, if he is healthy, he is must

my perfect back row is probably

11 hoff
    12 graham
    13 bird

gal will be in the #13 jumper, i'm not as against him as most but he really needs to stay on the field to warrant his spot

I dont mind having bird there, but I just think that hoffman is in such shit form for the warriors and is getting on a bit. I would just prefer they tried someone else who brings something different to the side.

I wouldnt pick Gallen, Scott, Hoffman. Its scary coz that could be the starting back row.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Gallen has announced this will be his last series.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:28 pm

For mine Gallen needs to be match fit to be selected. If he gets another injury I would ask him to step aside.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:41 pm

Honeysett wrote:For mine Gallen needs to be match fit to be selected. If he gets another injury I would ask him to step aside.

agreed, when gal stayed on the field post origin last year, he looked rep worthy again but he can't be short of match fitness again. needs to play every game from now till selection time imo and can't be missing every game in between

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:44 am

After being shot down with my personal suggestion that Austin and Sezer should be the halves pairing if fit, one of the greatest NSW players of all time Joey Johns selects the same halves pairing in his own lineup also.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Bren wrote:After being shot down with my personal suggestion that Austin and Sezer should be the halves pairing if fit, one of the greatest NSW players of all time Joey Johns selects the same halves pairing in his own lineup also.

Who shot you down?
    I think thats a great pairing - the one game they have played together, they looked good. Give them a few games together and see how they go, if they are performing, then they should be picked.

At this stage though, I am almost certain the halves will be Hodkinson and Reynolds. If not Hodkinson and Pearce.

If Sezer and Austin go well in the next month or 2, then pick them.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:15 pm

Joey's side
    Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Michael Jennings, James Roberts, Tom Trbojevic, Blake Austin, Aidan Sezer, Paul Gallen (c), Robbie Farah, Aaron Woods, Boyd Cordner, Tyson Frizell, Josh Jackson. Interchange: Wade Graham, James Tamou, David Klemmer, Bryce Cartwright

I like and hate it.
    Dugan at fullback doesnt do it for me. Tedesco needs to be the fullback. Its a joke that Joey hasnt put tedesco in there. Even put him on the wing over Trbo if you must have dugan at fullback. Personally, dugan doesnt make my side unless he is on the wing/centre or on the bench (which is very unlikely).
    Fergo on the wing, Ok cool.
    Jennings... meh. I would be picking Jmoz over Jennings.
    Roberts, cool.
    Trbojevic, more than happy to pick him. Only problem is having two debutants on the same side of the field. I would put Trbo on the left wing with Jmoz at left centre. Roberts at right centre with Fergo on the right wing.
    Austin and Sezer in the halves, I love it if they can stay healthy and string some games together, and actually perform. Everyone is just assuming they will be great together, give them some games together at least.
    Gallen, Farah, Woods - ok......
    Cordner, no. Frizzell, yes, Jackson, Meh.Cordner can miss out all together with Wade Graham coming into the starting side. I dont like Jackson at rep level, hes great at club level but does nothing for me at NSW level.

Graham, Tamou, Klemmer, Cartwright. I dont mind it... I would rather have Gal start at 13, graham at 12, tamout at 10.

Mine is.. (I know ive done this a few times, but)
    Tedesco
    Trbo
    Jmoz
    Roberts
    Fergo
    Austin
    Sezer
    Gallen
    Farah
    Woods
    Graham
    Frizzell
    Bird

Klemmer
    Cartwright
    Tamou
    UTILITY - HOOKER REPLACEMENT - Reynolds/Peace/Dugan - who ever.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:06 am