NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW Blues

Ice

NSW Blues - Page 26 Empty Re: NSW Blues

Post by Ice Wed May 18, 2016 5:30 pm

leaguegod wrote:

discussions before are pretty fun as a NSW fan tbh

i personally hate the whinging after, once the team is selected, move on and support them

there is a few particular here that you know will just bag the shit out of the team to the point you'd swear they hope they lose so they can say they were right

I'll suspect I'll bag the shit out of some of the selections in the team because i know if history is anything to go by, the selectors, who have got it wrong all but once in the last 10 series will get it wrong again, and that one series we did win they did the one thing I've said they have needed to do to ensure a win. I didn't bag them that year because I knew we'd win the series.  But I'll sit a metre from my TV on Origin night cheering for every one of them with as much passion as ever and as much hatred for Qld as any other NSW fan. I take no joy in the losses or knowing i was right.  

Supporting a team is not blindly accepting the decision of those in charge and allowing them to continue unchecked regardless of results. That's stupidity.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Ice wrote:

I'll suspect I'll bag the shit out of some of the selections in the team because i know if history is anything to go by, the selectors, who have got it wrong all but once in the last 10 series will get it wrong again, and that one series we did win they did the one thing I've said they have needed to do to ensure a win. I didn't bag them that year because I knew we'd win the series.  But I'll sit a metre from my TV on Origin night cheering for every one of them with as much passion as ever and as much hatred for Qld as any other NSW fan. I take no joy in the losses or knowing i was right.  

Supporting a team is not blindly accepting the decision of those in charge and allowing them to continue unchecked regardless of results. That's stupidity.

Everyone knew Hayne had to be FB, it's not some brilliant mastermind decision haha. Stop banging on about it haha.

Everyone likes to feel like they know more than the selectors and when they lose you automatically think your selection would have won them the game. The point is you don't know and you will never know. I love the passion that NSW are slowing building with all their fans, there's A LOT more sticking together and breaking this dynasty that QLD have. The young players that are coming through are going to absolutely hate the QLD team and their fans, that hatred that for so many years QLD had for NSW is starting to come back as strongly from south of the border.

I will advise before we're all dirt to make sure you walk down Caxton Street in your Blues gear as you head to an Origin game at Suncorp, it's one of the best experiences I've had as a footy fan. Pure hatred.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed May 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Everyone likes to feel like they know more than the selectors and when they lose you automatically think your selection would have won them the game. The point is you don't know and you will never know.

this!

channel 7 thinks the team is gonna be

1 moylan
    2 mansour
    3 jennings
    4 dugan
    5 fergy
    6 maloney
    7 pearce/arey
    8 woods
    9 farah
    10 gallen
    11 jackson
    12 cordner
    13 Bird

14 J Bird/Peachey
    15 Tamou
    16 Klemmer
    17 Cartwright/frizzel

media always throws out some teams that are wrong but generally when it gets closer to selection time they seem to get closer to the mark

i could get behind the team, got alot of young but no doubt that won't appease the guys asking for a change

talking points

i don't like moylan > Coote, i really like coote but i feel he is starting to get a little over rated, he hasn't been near coote's form but at the same time Moylan still has that creativity to help the halves

the dugan-fergy combo worries me defensively, fergy has been terrible

cordner/jackson have been 2 people have wanted to drop but i don't mind the idea of playing both in their natural roles, they're both young edge backrowers with a taste of rep footy in good form, at the very least, we would know all we need to know about them for the future(hate either of them on the bench or at lock)

no fifita would disappoint me, i'd rather gal @ 13 with bird on the bench

I think peachey should beat bird for the utility, the main position we want to cover in hooker with Farah coming in under done and peachey offers more there

Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Everyone knew Hayne had to be FB, it's not some brilliant mastermind decision haha. Stop banging on about it haha.

Everyone likes to feel like they know more than the selectors and when they lose you automatically think your selection would have won them the game. The point is you don't know and you will never know. I love the passion that NSW are slowing building with all their fans, there's A LOT more sticking together and breaking this dynasty that QLD have. The young players that are coming through are going to absolutely hate the QLD team and their fans, that hatred that for so many years QLD had for NSW is starting to come back as strongly from south of the border.

I will advise before we're all dirt to make sure you walk down Caxton Street in your Blues gear as you head to an Origin game at Suncorp, it's one of the best experiences I've had as a footy fan. Pure hatred.

I'd been calling for it since before the start of the 2009 series and was laughed out of the sportal forum with names like Gidley, Stewart and Minichello and had said it every year since, so no, not everyone knew Hayne had to be FB.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 18, 2016 8:43 pm

leaguegod wrote:

this!

1 moylan
    2 mansour
    3 jennings
    4 dugan
    5 fergy
    6 maloney
    7 pearce/arey
    8 woods
    9 farah
    10 gallen
    11 jackson
    12 cordner
    13 Bird

14 J Bird/Peachey
    15 Tamou
    16 Klemmer
    17 Cartwright/frizzel

media always throws out some teams that are wrong but generally when it gets closer to selection time they seem to get closer to the mark

i could get behind the team, got alot of young but no doubt that won't appease the guys asking for a change

talking points

i don't like moylan > Coote, i really like coote but i feel he is starting to get a little over rated, he hasn't been near coote's form but at the same time Moylan still has that creativity to help the halves

cordner/jackson have been 2 people have wanted to drop but i don't mind the idea of playing both in their natural roles, they're both young edge backrowers with a taste of rep footy in good form, at the very least, we would know all we need to know about them for the future(hate either of them on the bench or at lock)

I think peachey should beat bird for the utility, the main position we want to cover in hooker with Farah coming in under done and peachey offers more there

To be fair, it's not hard to know more than the selectors given how shit they have gone the last decade.

That team above that 7 put out. I can see how that would be very close to the side.

I'd go Coote over Moylan this series but can cop Moylan as he does have a long term future in the Blues.

Iv got no issue with the Dugan/Ferguson combo, it makes total sense given they are Aus reps.

I can cop that halves combo.

Woods Gallen starting props make perfect sense. Gallen won't be there next year so we've got to blood some backrwers over props, in my view.

Don't like jackson in the side and though I'm not a fan of Cordner, if he is there it has to be as a starter. He offers nothing off the bench, same with Jackson, starter or nothing.

Like the bench. I'd go Peachey and Cartwright. Fifita is the big out, but I guess he has been pigeon holed like Taylor at Origin. Should dominate, but hasn't got there yet, still, I'd give him another crack given his form.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 18, 2016 9:16 pm

leaguegod wrote:

this!

1 moylan
    2 mansour
    3 jennings
    4 dugan
    5 fergy
    6 maloney
    7 pearce/arey
    8 woods
    9 farah
    10 gallen
    11 jackson
    12 cordner
    13 Bird

14 J Bird/Peachey
    15 Tamou
    16 Klemmer
    17 Cartwright/frizzel

talking points

Jackson likely will but shouldn't be there, my Friz bias is well known but his form has been fantastic is a poor side and offers more than Jackson

Scott will be there no doubt, reckon they start

Jackson/Cordner
    Scott
    G. Bird/Gallen

Backrow personally I would go...(Gallen starting prop)

Friz
    Scott
    Merrin
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 18, 2016 9:41 pm

Ice wrote:

I'd been calling for it since before the start of the 2009 series and was laughed out of the sportal forum with names like Gidley, Stewart and Minichello and had said it every year since, so no, not everyone knew Hayne had to be FB.

The QLD Hyenas from Sportal were hardly the measuring stick of intellect.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Honeysett wrote:

The QLD Hyenas from Sportal were hardly the measuring stick of intellect.

Nice try, but no, predominantly NSW supporters.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Well I didn't see that occurring and my mate and I that travel to see the games were certainly calling for his inclusion so will have to take your word for it.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed May 18, 2016 10:00 pm

My latest side, yes I know there is no chance they pick close to this

I don't think Nsw will win another series while Daley and Fulton are involved in away way.

Coach: Cleary

Moylan (tedesco if not injured)
    T trobovic
    Jennings
    Roberts
    Ferguson
    Seizer
    A Reynolds
    Tamou
    Farah
    Woods
    Cartwright
    Scott
    J Trobovic

Peachy/Peats
    Klemmer
    Vaughan
    Cordner
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 18, 2016 11:18 pm

Honestly, i wouldnt mind T and J Trbo in the side.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu May 19, 2016 1:52 pm

So i think based on what we are seeing and hearing the team will be pretty close to this:

1. Moylan/Dugan
    2. Mansour
    3. Jennings
    4. Dugan/Morris
    5. Ferguson
    6. Josh Reynolds/Maloney
    7. Maloney/A Reynolds
    8. Woods
    9. Ennis
    10. Gallen
    11. Scott
    12. Cordner
    13. G Bird

14. Klemmer
    15. Tamou
    16. Jackson
    17. J Bird
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu May 19, 2016 2:09 pm

The team i would go with for this year knowing they are no more or less likely to win than the team announced, but with a nod to the future would be:

1. Coote (Teddy if he was fit)
    2. Mansour
    3. Jennings
    4. Dugan
    5. Ferguson
    6. Moylan
    7. Hastings
    8. Woods
    9. Peats
    10. Tamou
    11. Scott (would make way the following year for Cartwright)
    12. Graham
    13. J Trbojovic

14. Peachey
    15. Cartwright
    16. Fifita
    17. Klemmer
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Hastings?!?!?!?! Hes been SHIT this year mate.. sorry.
    Totally wrong and uncalled for AND unrealistic. He's even been dropped this week for Matterson.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu May 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Mansour will drop a bomb and will cost us a try. He will be a Nathan Merritt like inclusion.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu May 19, 2016 2:19 pm

1. Coote (Teddy if he was fit)
    2. Mansour
    3. Jennings
    4. Dugan
    5. Ferguson

6. Moylan
    7. Hastings

8. Woods
    9. Peats
    10. Tamou

11. Scott (would make way the following year for Cartwright)
    12. Graham
    13. J Trbojovic

14. Peachey
    15. Cartwright
    16. Fifita
    17. Klemmer

Hastings, mate that will dead set do me. You should be committed.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Thu May 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Coote, wont be picked based on what Daley said on 360 last night.

Talking about the importance of getting up the field as opposed to finishing off plays.

Coote doesnt run the ball as much as Moylan or especially Dugan.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu May 19, 2016 2:30 pm

Hastings is playing for wyong this week, jesus ice
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu May 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Come on Ice, lay off your namesake mate. I'd rather Pearce
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Dugan will be fullback, im certain.
    That way he can fit Jmoz and Jennings in the centres
    Fergo and Hoppa on the wings
    Im 100% certain that will be the outside backs.

Hoppa is in heaps better form now than he was last year, so I dont see why he would not pick him.
    Mansour just has too many mistakes in him. He's is just so likely to knock it on from dummy half or lose the ball when he is trying to get another 2m instead of just taking a tackle and getting a quick play the ball.

The halves are the big ?.
    Maloney is almost certainly going to get picked, and if he is halfback then I think Bird will be 6. But really the 6 is out of Maloney/G.Bird/JReynolds/J.Bird at a stretch.
    Halfback is out of Maloney/Pearce/Sezer/Areynolds.

Props will be Gallen and Woods
    Hooker will be ennis if farah isnt right, will be farah if hes healthy.

The only certainty for the starting back row is Beau Scott, and greg bird if he isnt picked at 6.
    The other spot is realistically between Cordner/Hoffman/Jackson

Bench
    Klemmer is locked in for sure
    Tamou for sure

Then it will be a mix of
    Merrin, Cordner, Hoffman, Jackson, J. Bird, Carty

So Piemans certainties are (In no particular order)

Dugan
    Hoppa
    Jennings
    Jmoz
    Fergo
    Maloney
    Gallen
    Ennis or Farah
    Tamou
    Woods
    Scott
    Greg Bird