NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:19 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
    Cookie Monster wrote:With B/L's Survivor game we probably already have enough side competitions as is, but I thought I would throw this out there anyway. Would anyone be interested in a "how well do you know the fantasy credentials of your fellow Fanatics" tipping competition?

GreenMachine wrote:

I’m in.

Unlike predictor, do this via DM so our fantasy fantasy manager teams only get published once round 1 kicks off.

Rule that you can or can’t pick yourself? I’d opt for latter. More interesting

Scrap the trade window though. Needs to be set and forget... or forget it

Fantasy NRL really needs a Hall of Fame or history type thing that fantasyfootballscout has for FPL

Do we have enough history on here/sportal to at least create a hall of fame thread as a sticky, for recent years?

I’m thinking mainly about giving people some tools to review to make this more fun again

There seems to be enough interest to make this viable so I will look to start a thread for it tomorrow, by which time hopefully the leagues have all been filled.

A few people have now said that they don't want a transfer window, which is fine by me. Consider it binned. With that gone the rest of the comp seems quite simple, but if anyone has any ideas that they'd like to see incorporated feel free to discuss them in here. Better hurry though.

Cheers

Draft and transfer would definitely be something to discuss next year. But yeah, get the framework right this year Cookie and I reckon it is going to be pretty cool Very Happy
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:19 pm

lukeaye wrote:Jesus, what just happened?

I'm not sure how that escalated so much.

Can't debate in 2020, opposing views just aren't celebrated.

Screw you lukeaye how dare you say that I can’t debate in 2020?!

And what have you got against escalators? They beat the hell out of taking the stairs

I’m sorry
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:23 pm

Just caught up. Opposing views are fine. You, Pookus and others were having an intelligent debate even if you didn't agree, before some asshole came in and started attacking the man instead of the argument.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:28 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

There seems to be enough interest to make this viable so I will look to start a thread for it tomorrow, by which time hopefully the leagues have all been filled.

A few people have now said that they don't want a transfer window, which is fine by me. Consider it binned. With that gone the rest of the comp seems quite simple, but if anyone has any ideas that they'd like to see incorporated feel free to discuss them in here. Better hurry though.

Cheers

I think you’re on the money already.

- 13 person team (one from each of 12 leagues and one wildcard pick from any of the other leagues
    - can’t pick yourself
    - No changes/trades
    - Submission by DM to you
    - Milch or S-I post a last 3-4 seasons table of overall (and/or Fanatics overall group finishing position

Last point surrounds my idea of creating a bit of a Hall of fame and give people tools (and also true edge of forum knowledge - ie top managers from the past who are coming off couple of rough years)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:34 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

- 13 person team (one from each of 12 leagues and one wildcard pick from any of the other leagues
    - can’t pick yourself
    - No changes/trades
    - Milch or S-I post a last 3-4 seasons table of overall (and/or Fanatics overall group finishing position

Last point surrounds my idea of creating a bit of a Hall of fame and give people tools (and also true edge of forum knowledge - ie top managers from the past who are coming off couple of rough years)

Just a heads up for those playing... I'll be in the overall top 10 this year.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Chewie wrote:

Hahaha
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Will be quite fun sweating some of the old heads to hve a good season

Especially fun if your own season is struggling... can take an interest in the other lads doing well!

Maybe the can’t pick yourself is unnecessary

Just thinking about every team having MTB except him. Not in the spirit of the game is it. Edge will be in going VK over MTB Cool
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:43 pm

I have no idea what went on and have no interest to go back as I've missed the last couple of days, yet regardless what happened, the bloke that asked to be deregistered was a tosser anyway so seems like a great outcome if you ask me.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:47 pm

standard-issue wrote:

How so?
    Octopussy.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:49 pm

GreenMachine wrote:Will be quite fun sweating some of the old heads to hve a good season

Especially fun if your own season is struggling... can take an interest in the other lads doing well!

Maybe the can’t pick yourself is unnecessary

Just thinking about every team having MTB except him. Not in the spirit of the game is it. Edge will be in going VK over MTB Cool

Yep, I expect to win it this year

Wink
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Octopussy?
    Yep, that's it. Octopussy.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:56 pm

standard-issue wrote:

If you're referring to Kalkadoon Warrior being deregistered, he literally asked to be?

someone better find out which league he was in and organize a replacement !!
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:03 pm

This whole thread has been so fantasy irrelevant aahahahahah. The wait to TLT is real
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:04 pm

quicksand wrote:

I'll take his place!
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:07 pm

KingTeddy wrote:This whole thread has been so fantasy irrelevant aahahahahah. The wait to TLT is real

And without Rabbit too

As an aside he was teeing off with a mate on FB with pics of his pool and a marlin and how great and rich he is lol

Last edited by Loomer on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:09 pm

quicksand wrote:

didn't even register as far as I'm aware.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:09 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

- can’t pick yourself
    - No changes/trades

That all sounds good to me. I like the idea for the wildcard player.

Previous seasons finishing positions are already out there if you know where to look; I could supply the links to them in the thread when it's created. Last seasons rankings haven't been posted for some reason, but I have a copy of them and could post them tomorrow as well.

PM'd entries are fine, although I'd better actually post mine (gotta keep the bastard honest)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:12 pm

Who makes more money?

Thumbs up Levi (priced at 36 I believe)

Thumbs down Knight (priced at 39)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:16 pm

Trying to think of 5 things I'm looking for in regards to TLT but I'm pretty open to whatever at the moment and prepared to clean the slate and start again but if I had pick some things;

1. What number Verills in named at. He will be in there but interesting to see if he's in the 17, 18th man, or lower.

2. Tigers backline. MBye out is a kicker but still pretty keen on running with Nofo as a POD. I remember 2 years ago all set to start with him yet he was dropped for round 1. Tigers have a lot of back options and if the Grant/Momo thing doesn't happen it's even more crowded. I was hoping the team would be full strength to see if Nofo has his spot secured but regardless, I think it's safe. There's a good chance I'll wuss out with him and switch to Ponga/Turbo instead or a cheaper option but would love to have the nuts big enough.

3. The starting second rowers; Fifita, Hess, Carty, Sua/Lowe, Aubbs and to a lesser extent Capewell and Stimson. So much is to be decided based on a lot of these. Then who is to say players named to start don't get switched an hour before kickoff or vice versa. Could make a break a lot of teams in the early stages.

4. Big names in the 21. JTurbo, AFB, McInnes, MBye, Brimson, all somewhat a chance to return round 1 but do they dare get named in the 21. Again, picking replacements has burnt me in the past so again, something that could affect teams from the get go.

5. Cheapies. We know some cheapies will be there in the 17 but some we thought starting may not. I feel there may also be a few that could be traps. I feel with a lot of teams up in the air, we could easily see cheapies start for a week or two and then shoved out depending on how they go. Walters, Grant (maybe), Williame, Shiba, Lomax, Luai/Burton, Mago, Avellio. So many could be traps it's not funny.

Come Tuesday afternoon, I feel it's going to be a stressful couple of days. Going to have to be really on the ball come an hour before kickoff for each and every game.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:19 pm

Chewie wrote:

Thumbs down for MTBass

Thumbs up for Chew ma lolo!

Who is the best captain option?

Last edited by castlecrag sweethearts on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:33 pm