NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:10 pm

Milchcow wrote:@The Pascoe Fiasco

check your PMs for VSDT league codes
    I’m in. Thanks very much!
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by Dttragic2016 Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Last year David Fifita averaged 45 in his first 7 starts at 2nd row (less than his 2020 price)

He then went on a massive run, scoring 4 tries in 5 weeks to average 73 to finish the season

Then he put up a 42 in the finals when the Broncos got smashed.

How much of that end of season form is going to continue into this year?

You'll have to take a punt on a bunch of players, and Fifita is as likely as any to go well, but I don't think he is a guaranteed gun

Ripper post. I've upgraded dfifita to lolo and downgraded a wfb I wasn't happy with anyways. Loving the look of my team now. Thanks!
    cretinoussam

Post by cretinoussam Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster. Wondering what everyone's thoughts on egan are? Priced cheaper than brailey and would be expecting him to be getting around the same minutes. Thinking he might be a better shout as a short term cash earner.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:31 pm

cretinoussam wrote:Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster. Wondering what everyone's thoughts on egan are? Priced cheaper than brailey and would be expecting him to be getting around the same minutes. Thinking he might be a better shout as a short term cash earner.

Welcome

Egan has Lawton to contend with, whereas the backup to Brailey (Tracey or Magoulias) should steal less minutes (this is the general consensus anyway). I think Egans job security is worse because a few losing games could opt for Lawton to start and Egan off the bench. Also Egans scores at hooker are so erratic it’s hard to make sense of how he will go, but he is priced so low there is probably value there.
    cretinoussam

Post by cretinoussam Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:37 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Welcome

Egan has Lawton to contend with, whereas the backup to Brailey (Tracey or Magoulias) should steal less minutes (this is the general consensus anyway). I think Egans job security is worse because a few losing games could opt for Lawton to start and Egan off the bench. Also Egans scores at hooker are so erratic it’s hard to make sense of how he will go, but he is priced so low there is probably value there.

Yeah makes sense. Would expect him to lose minutes to bench but seems like Brailey will too. Most likely sticking with Brailey due to Kearney's tendency to chop and change but was surprised he hadn't been mentioned as a cow option.

Last edited by cretinoussam on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:47 pm

VERTiiGO wrote:watching this supercoach show on fox... always wondered why the official NRL fantasy game always get overshadowed by the telegraphs second rate version?

Honestly supercoach is far better.

A lot prefer fantasy because of it more basic, scoring system. Makes analysis more reliable and predictable.

SC has a lot more "luck" involved but is a better representation of player performances.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:10 pm

lukeaye wrote:

A lot prefer fantasy because of it more basic, scoring system. Makes analysis more reliable and predictable.

SC has a lot more "luck" involved but is a better representation of player performances.

Let’s not forget the prizes as well, 50k for the winner in sc.... 7 toothpicks for the winner of fantasy.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:14 pm

lukeaye wrote:

Disagree wholeheartedly. Supercoach is far too easy for my liking, and requires very little skill to play. You can jam your team full of so many of your favourite guns that I can’t think it’s made for anything but very casual players who enjoy rooting for their favourite superstars that week rather than NRLF where the larger aspect is on trying to build a team of underpriced nobodies, focusing on buy low and sell high stockmarket tactics. Also the fact that you get two rounds of free looks for the cows you want before price changes is ridiculous. I used to enjoy it when I played Dreamteam back in the day but for a competitive game that is already stuck on easy mode, it’s a bit too much. I have played both formats for a long time, and I will continue to play both through thick and thin but it is a no contest on which is the superior product. I also like how NRLF makes heroes of the hard working forwards. NRL itself is already skewed into making backs superstars when the big boys are the real unsung heroes of the competition, it is good to perpetuate some reality rather than reinforcing the lie!

Tl:dr- Supercoach is designed for office watercooler talk about which players scored that great try on the weekend to net you 50 points.

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Last year David Fifita averaged 45 in his first 7 starts at 2nd row (less than his 2020 price)

He then went on a massive run, scoring 4 tries in 5 weeks to average 73 to finish the season

Then he put up a 42 in the finals when the Broncos got smashed.

How much of that end of season form is going to continue into this year?

You'll have to take a punt on a bunch of players, and Fifita is as likely as any to go well, but I don't think he is a guaranteed gun

This is why I have decided to not grab Fifita. He will be solid and could go gangbusters but I don't want to pay that much and have him not improve.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:20 pm

My current Supercoach team for reference:

Cook
    Haas Knight
    Lolo Leilua Williams
    Cleary SJ
    BJLeilua Burns Mann Kennedy
    Tedesco
    R: Papenhuyzen, Korosau, Carrigan, Horsburgh

9-10 players already keepers
    Who do I even captain? scratch
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:22 pm

Ive got Fifita because if he has a blinder round 1 he will be hard to get in at that price but if he doesnt there is heaps of wait and see midrange 2RF that i can downgrade to-
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:24 pm

Any word on Morris to Easts? Any updates?....
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:24 pm

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:

Let’s not forget the prizes as well, 50k for the winner in sc.... 7 toothpicks for the winner of fantasy.
    Don’t forget the 12 pack of 3ply as well!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:25 pm

Can't wait for TLT to put the final touches on the team. About 80% of the team is ready to go, I just need add the right cows. Looking forward to a few surprises
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:28 pm

Camo123 wrote:Am I reading too much into this https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/03/07/gallery-final-week-of-pre-season/

Wiliame pictured and no Aitken pictured, and given the pictures are the main squad members could you infer Wiliame might be up for CTR spot

Let’s hope it’s true

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Disagree wholeheartedly. Supercoach is far too easy for my liking, and requires very little skill to play. You can jam your team full of so many of your favourite guns that I can’t think it’s made for anything but very casual players who enjoy rooting for their favourite superstars that week rather than NRLF where the larger aspect is on trying to build a team of underpriced nobodies, focusing on buy low and sell high stockmarket tactics. Also the fact that you get two rounds of free looks for the cows you want before price changes is ridiculous. I used to enjoy it when I played Dreamteam back in the day but for a competitive game that is already stuck on easy mode, it’s a bit too much. I have played both formats for a long time, and I will continue to play both through thick and thin but it is a no contest on which is the superior product. I also like how NRLF makes heroes of the hard working forwards. NRL itself is already skewed into making backs superstars when the big boys are the real unsung heroes of the competition, it is good to perpetuate some reality rather than reinforcing the lie!

Tl:dr- Supercoach is designed for office watercooler talk about which players scored that great try on the weekend to net you 50 points.

Better platform, better scoring system, better prizes, rewards higher skill plays and involvement. More enjoyable to play and harder to win due to it's unpredictability.

Fantasy is a pure statistician and strategy game. Yeah it's good but its not as fun to play or watch. Scoring is based on predictable metrics like run meters and tackles which is correlated to time on the field. It's honestly quite boring, it's water cooler chat at an actuary.

I acknowledge most here will disagree, that's fine they are different games, but for the large majority SC is a much better game. Most pureists in any game hate any sort of randomness, I do get that and I agree to a level. I just think fantasy could do a bit more with it scoring system (Try contributions, intercepts etc)

Post by Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:43 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Couldn’t disagree more with this....
    NRL can’t shut up about Haas (neither can anyone) and he’s a frf so to say they don’t get the props they deserve is delusional at best.
    And if SuperCoach was easy you would have won it (guarantee you haven’t).
    To say that it requires very little skill and refer it to stock market trading is the dumbest shit I’ve read on here ( if trading stocks required no skill we’d all be millionaires)
    I understand that the simpler form might be the more appealing form to you but all of these reasons are absolutely not factual and more just an emotional personal opinion.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:51 pm

lukeaye wrote:
    It’s true you start with more guns, but so does everybody else, and are they the right guns! You also have to find the cash for four extra players. I agree with the

Better platform, better scoring system, better prizes, rewards higher skill plays and involvement. More enjoyable to play and harder to win due to it's unpredictability.

Fantasy is a pure statistician and strategy game. Yeah it's good but its not as fun to play or watch. Scoring is based on predictable metrics like run meters and tackles which is correlated to time on the field. It's honestly quite boring, it's water cooler chat at an actuary.

I acknowledge most here will disagree, that's fine they are different games, but for the large majority SC is a much better game. Most pureists in any game hate any sort of randomness, I do get that and I agree to a level. I just think fantasy could do a bit more with it scoring system (Try contributions, intercepts etc)
    I agree that the two week free pass is odd. Also the Supercoach captain loop should be removed too. Yes you start off with more guns, as does everybody else, but doesn’t mean they are the right ones. You also have to find the money for four extra players. This year is shit trying to find 2 centres in Fantasy, but you have to find 7 in Supercoach. You think it’s a wasteland in Fantay? This year there is so much value in Hooker. In Supercoach you can only pick 2 or if you can find a dual perhaps, but in Fantasy you can have as many as you like! I just don’t know you can definitively say one is better than the other.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:52 pm

So no word on Morris to Easts I guess then with the Sharks injury crisis and no more word re Friend’s minutes?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:05 pm

LAST CHANCE!
    The following people still need to check their PM's and join both leagues as well.
    @Ironclad Galahad @MrCashman @sets @Individual @Cool Runnings

If you name is on this list and you have joined your league, just PM myself or your League captain. We will start replacements tomorrow.

Latecomers League 14
    Codes have been sent out make sure to check your PMs!

Latecomers League 15
    You can still join to be a potential replacement, or the illustrious 15th League - https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1187-2020-nrl-fantasy-leagues-late-comers-registration-thread

Fanatics Open League

Unofficial Fanatics Open League - CHUWEZ95

Fanatics $50 Cash League

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:15 am