NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:46 am

KingTeddy wrote:Hey guys, do any of yous have tips about how to manage trades? I play head to head and for the last 2 years have burnt my trades which have left me short during the finals? Does anyone have any good strategies to manage trades and not getting 'trigger happy' with the trade button?
    I'm planning to use very few trades to start the season. It means being a bit patient with those that may not have started as strong as you hoped, but are still performing above their starting price, including as many bye round players that have upside as possible and holding them until round 12.

A good example last season was Twal, those that selected him were expecting high PPM and increased minutes as a starting prop.

In round 1 he got the increased minutes at 49, but only scored 35. My suggestion to those looking at trading him out that round was to hold him. He got the minutes that they wanted, even though the score was less than they wanted. Many still traded him out, and he went on to score 56+ each of the next 4 rounds.

To save trades you need to have the patience to wait on a player that may not be getting quite the scores you want them to, as long as the reason that you selected them still holds true.

Also if you have guys like Aekin and Horsey in your team that are likely to need to use a trade in the first few weeks, find a replacement for them. I had both of them a week ago and have now dropped both for this reason.

Last edited by mattnz on Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:46 am

KingTeddy wrote:Hey guys, do any of yous have tips about how to manage trades? I play head to head and for the last 2 years have burnt my trades which have left me short during the finals? Does anyone have any good strategies to manage trades and not getting 'trigger happy' with the trade button?

Fly to the remotest place you can and throw your phone into a waterfall.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:58 am

mattnz wrote:

A good example last season was Twal, those that selected him were expecting high PPM and increased minutes as a starting prop.

In round 1 he got the increased minutes at 49, but only scored 35. My suggestion to Loomer looking at trading him out that round was to hold him. He got the minutes that Loomer wanted, even though the score was less than Loomer wanted. Loomer still traded him out, and he went on to score 56+ each of the next 4 rounds.

Fixed
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:59 am

If you play in a competitive head to head league (with little regard for overall) it is critical to have as close to max trades left as possible heading in to the finals to cover injuries, suspensions and players being rested. It’s hard to do but if you are sure to make the finals don’t burn trades heading in just to win a regular season head to head, could cost you in the finals.

If you are also serious about overall it can be difficult as strategies can sometimes diverge and what’s best for one isn’t always best for the other.

Good luck!
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:00 pm

So is everyone running Walters as their second half now?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:04 pm

I max trade for a few weeks to pick up important cash cows and dump those that look like failing prospects. Then I try to take it easy and save my trades, focusing on first round bye players only (unless someone impossible to resist comes up like Rein when Peats got injured). Then I max trade between bye rounds trying to convert one bye heavy team into another.

Think I was ranked outside the top thousand pre-byes but ended up in the top 50 within the few rounds over the bye period. A 1000+ score in a bye week will really jump you some ranks.

Tl:dr- bye planning is still very much a thing despite the format change
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:07 pm

Sorry, but can anyone tell me how to reverse a green /red comment. Thanks to doing everything on my phone my fat fingers push red far too many times! I have not meant to offend by commenting this way, but when I push green somehow I hit red. I have no idea how to reverse or delete it. This is in regard mostly to someone who stated to put your whole team in assistant coach instead of here. I never look at the assistant coach so agree completely! I accidentally down voted it. 😔
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:09 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Sorry, but can anyone tell me how to reverse a green /red comment. Thanks to doing everything on my phone my fat fingers push red far too many times! I have not meant to offend by commenting this way, but when I push green somehow I hit red. I have no idea how to reverse or delete it. This is in regard mostly to someone who stated to put your whole team in assistant coach instead of here. I never look at the assistant coach so agree completely! I accidentally down voted it. 😔

Naa you can't mate, but just quote it and say you made the mistake. Most guys do that, or ignore it lol.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:12 pm

mattnz wrote:
    I'm planning to use very few trades to start the season. It means being a bit patient with those that may not have started as strong as you hoped, but are still performing above their starting price, including as many bye round players that have upside as possible and holding them until round 12.

In round 1 he got the increased minutes at 49, but only scored 35. My suggestion to those looking at trading him out that round was to hold him. He got the minutes that they wanted, even though the score was less than they wanted. Many still traded him out, and he went on to score 56+ each of the next 4 rounds.

To save trades you need to have the patience to wait on a player that may not be getting quite the scores you want them to, as long as the reason that you selected them still holds true.

Also if you have guys like Aekin and Horsey in your team that are likely to need to use a trade in the first few weeks, find a replacement for them. I had both of them a week ago and have now dropped both for this reason.

I agree, but you also will most likely have injuries or just people who are dud cows and someone you didn't expect to gun it, happen to gun it. You put yourself behind early by potentially holding guns. There are same examples like Sivo where if you hold him it pays off. But you will have some pressing issues.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:16 pm

KingTeddy wrote:So is everyone running Walters as their second half now?

No never was. Might not even make my 21. Who has said they were?
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Teddy. Roosters have a bunch of afternoon/twilight games in the first 7 weeks.

He's more than capable of putting out the 90 he needs to send his price up in the early rounds.

If he puts up a good score in the first 3 weeks, watch as people scramble to get him in before he plays the Titans in round 4
    It’s my first year not starting with Teddy for a long time, but there is no way I can afford him without any base price cheap backs! It terrifies me, but my aim is get Ponga to gain some ground by Rd 13!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:A. Levi

B. Cartwright

??
    I can’t get either in unfortunately, but probably A. Who knows what to expect from the anti Vaxer, in points and minutes!

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Did I miss something, he is in my 21 but could be on the bench or out of the side if Grant trade occurs. He isn't jumping Benji or Brooks. Even then he is too much of a risk, having him starting while being an unknown. It is like playing Luai, you want them in your team incase they score well. But not in your scoring roles.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:28 pm

I max trade for 2-3 weeks then ask my wife to hide my phone until Round 10!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:29 pm

I will be reviewing teams today for a bit, so update your Assistant Coach thread, create a thread or just bump it and if it's posted on today I will get to it. (Note: If it is very similar group of guys that are floating around here, I may lack significant input)
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:31 pm

I’m hoping he gets DPP so he will be 14-17 if that happens or as 2nd HLF if he doesn’t get it!
    I have got Brimson sitting at 14 as a replacement if the Grant rumours get louder!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:41 pm

Don't drunk trade Sad
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:47 pm

@RhinoNQ
    @Hayden's Harvstars
    @Individual

Join your league by tomorrow or your position will be reallocated.

@SxcMJ
    @Nymeria

Could please check your PMs and respond to my query.

Thanks
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:50 pm

filthridden wrote:

Don't drunk trade Sad

So bad at this haha
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:52 pm

I have no actual content to post right now. I just want another post in the thread.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:44 am