NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

RandomSil
    RandomSil

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by RandomSil Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:45 am

League 13 Codes Sent Out!

The following people still need to check their PM's and join both leagues as well.
    @Alfie @Revraiser @Pat69err @Cool Runnings @Lukeaye @RhinoNQ @Ironclad Galahad @MrCashman @sets
    @Arsendragon @Individual @Nymeria @SxcMJ @Hayden's Harvstars

If you name is on this list and you have joined your league, just PM myself or your League captain.

Latecomers League 14

Fanatics Open League

Unofficial Fanatics Open League - CHUWEZ95

Fanatics $50 Cash League
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by Honeysett Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:53 am

RandomSil wrote:

Apparently a discussion re. doing the swap is back on now that the Tigers have paid a few more weeks of Momo's contract. So they should hopefully be under the salary cap now after being over by $16K

To me this seemed really simple, the Tigers front load his contract with an extra $16k and all of a sudden its sorted. Am I naive here?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:56 am

Honeysett wrote:

To me this seemed really simple, the Tigers front load his contract with an extra $16k and all of a sudden its sorted. Am I naive here?

Yeah I'm not sure, to me it seemed like a solution, eg how the Sharks want 100k from the Roosters to release J Moz.. (maybe that 100k for JMoz doesn't actually come off the cap, it just goes in the Sharks pocket..?)

I'd be interested in knowing the actual issue + explanation direct from the NRL, the stuff we get from journos seems to be guesswork.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:03 am

Honeysett wrote:

It seems the NRL weren't happy with the cap solutions that had been suggested.

I just find it strange that the overwhelming attitude amongst fans is annoyance at the NRL for not making it easy for Storm to dodge the cap.

When the Roosters try and sign Cam Murray, do you think fans will be similarly helpful with suggestions on what the NRL could so so that they don't have to pay his full salary value?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:08 am

Honeysett wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:

Apparently a discussion re. doing the swap is back on now that the Tigers have paid a few more weeks of Momo's contract. So they should hopefully be under the salary cap now after being over by $16K

It is that Momo's contract is already set, so they had to wait. Like I doubt they can just restructure the contract to fit him in for the Storm. I also doubt the NRL would allow that. Imagine if the Titans heavily front loaded 2 or 3 contracts for stars and then after the first year, they "loaned" them to the Broncos. Then vice-versa so the Titans can get a GF crack.
    jackorot23
    jackorot23

Post by jackorot23 Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:19 am

Hey all thought I would re ignite some debates

Levi vs Brailey
    D fifita vs no D fifita

for me I dont think Fifita will continue his high scores and will return to a 35-40 point player, however the though of not having him and watching him destroy some weaker halves and defences does worry me

I find it very hard to separate Brailey and Levi, I think Levi will score a little better but does have a more difficult start to the season with out all the manly forwards
    Brailey is obviously cheaper and if he does get 80 mins eventually should see similar scores but only playing 50 mins at the beginning of the season might not the cash flow move super quickly for a few rounds

FYI i currently have both Levi & Brailey
    The latest version of my team has no Dfifita as it allows me to upgrade a few other spots eg centres
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:24 am

jackorot23 wrote:Hey all thought I would re ignite some debates

Levi vs Brailey
    D fifita vs no D fifita

for me I dont think Fifita will continue his high scores and will return to a 35-40 point player, however the though of not having him and watching him destroy some weaker halves and defences does worry me

I find it very hard to separate Brailey and Levi, I think Levi will score a little better but does have a more difficult start to the season with out all the manly forwards
    Brailey is obviously cheaper and if he does get 80 mins eventually should see similar scores but only playing 50 mins at the beginning of the season might not the cash flow move super quickly for a few rounds

FYI i currently have both Levi & Brailey
    The latest version of my team has no Dfifita as it allows me to upgrade a few other spots eg centres

This is literally Mahoney 2019... So many people jumped ship at different stages just for him to push out another big score and eventually become an 80 minute player and semi keeper.

Fifita is a beast. He has shown he can do it on big stages and will be better for it
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:25 am

13CokeHeads wrote:Going with Herman is a ballsy pick given his inconsistency last year

He was on the outer with Brown last season, was looking to be moving somewhere else after 2019. But O'Brien asked him to stay and gave him renewed confidence. He'll be in a better mental space this season
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:28 am

Also some Wookiee Whispers...
    Tuala may get the nod ahead of Shiba to start in the CTRs

take this with a grain of salt Salt
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:30 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

This is literally Mahoney 2019... So many people jumped ship at different stages just for him to push out another big score and eventually become an 80 minute player and semi keeper.

Fifita is a beast. He has shown he can do it on big stages and will be better for it

In some ways I agree, could certainly turn out that way.

Sharks have a bit more to offer from their bench utility.. Tracey has been impressive and if he continues to play well then he will stay in the 17.

Parra really didn't have someone for a utility role.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:31 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Friend and Koroisau would be my only hookers with Mann a worst case scenario option as starting half

I'd personally go with B
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:33 am

and some more Knight info:

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6662803/why-mitchell-pearce-asked-fans-to-have-faith-in-kurt-mann-at-five-eighth/?src=rss
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:33 am

I'm back to looking at Ponga with Warriors up first
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:40 am

RandomSil wrote:

It is that Momo's contract is already set, so they had to wait. Like I doubt they can just restructure the contract to fit him in for the Storm. I also doubt the NRL would allow that. Imagine if the Titans heavily front loaded 2 or 3 contracts for stars and then after the first year, they "loaned" them to the Broncos. Then vice-versa so the Titans can get a GF crack.

In theory both contracts were set.
    Part of the deal with the trade is that both players return to their respective clubs at the end of the year.
    The problem is, Momirovski is only contracted to the Tigers till the end of 2020. So what's to say he doesn't just decide he likes it at the Storm and it's a good fit for them too.
    Justin Pascoe has gone on record as saying they were working to finalise a contract extension with Momirovski, and I can't help but wonder if that has also been a factor to hold the process up. If I were the Tigers, I wouldn't send him to a better club for a swap without knowing I get him back for 2021, 2022 etc.
    Bagpipe
    Bagpipe

Post by Bagpipe Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:42 am

Milchcow wrote:

It seems the NRL weren't happy with the cap solutions that had been suggested.

I just find it strange that the overwhelming attitude amongst fans is annoyance at the NRL for not making it easy for Storm to dodge the cap.

When the Roosters try and sign Cam Murray, do you think fans will be similarly helpful with suggestions on what the NRL could so so that they don't have to pay his full salary value?

To be fair, I think this situation most fans are lenient due to it be centered around what is essentially a depth player who most believe deserves to be playing at the NRL level. I can agree with that, Harry Grant absolutely should be playing NRL at this point. Big picture implications are of course how it affects the cap and player salaries and rightly so but on face value I think we just want to see this young talented kid Harry Grant play. Hell as a fan of another team and a purely footy perspective, I am willing to accept the salary cap situation if it meant that Grant gets a start he undeniably deserves.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:43 am

Loomer wrote:I'm back to looking at Ponga with Warriors up first

Ponga has always been my first choice if I go a gun WFB (like him better than TTrbo) but its hard to find the cash for him
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:45 am

Bagpipe wrote:

To be fair, I think this situation most fans are lenient due to it be centered around what is essentially a depth player who most believe deserves to be playing at the NRL level. I can agree with that, Harry Grant absolutely should be playing NRL at this point. Big picture implications are of course how it affects the cap and player salaries and rightly so but on face value I think we just want to see this young talented kid Harry Grant play. Hell as a fan of another team and a purely footy perspective, I am willing to accept the salary cap situation if it meant that Grant gets a start he undeniably deserves.    

I get that. Some people even want to see the swap happen for non-fantasy reasons.

I just think the NRL is right to be careful about what they deem allowable when a premiership contender is swapping a 3rd choice depth player for a first grade starter. Especially if other teams are going to try similar things in future, they want to make sure they close down any potential rorts

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:46 am

Storm re-opened negotiations this past week. Trying to keep grant happy. Few hoops to go through yet as he has a clause in his contract which is.. if Smith plays on in 21 grant can activate it and leave the storm. But, swap looks likely at this stage
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:07 pm

Walters must be feeling shit right now
    rjconner
    rjconner

Post by rjconner Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:44 pm

How is V.Radley getting played this year?

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:15 pm