NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:39 pm

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a hype article about Carty yet..

I'm pretty tempted, but there are plenty of 2rf options. He probably averages 40 without much trouble. Could go mid to high 40's if he finds form. Back on his preferred side of the field for the first time in a few years, suits his offload.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
    nxoc39

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by nxoc39 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:40 pm

Milchcow wrote:

It seems the NRL weren't happy with the cap solutions that had been suggested.

I just find it strange that the overwhelming attitude amongst fans is annoyance at the NRL for not making it easy for Storm to dodge the cap.

When the Roosters try and sign Cam Murray, do you think fans will be similarly helpful with suggestions on what the NRL could so so that they don't have to pay his full salary value?

Both clubs and both players were keen on the swap and it was the NRL who vetoed it, correct? So the Cam Murray example would only be relevant if all parties were supportive of the deal being made
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:40 pm

Milikache wrote:

Oh what am I doing wrong?

Created the leage >> Copy pin number >> W79T7X26

Edit: Did you try draft or the general fantasy one?

What time is the draft??
    Pubnation
    Pubnation

Post by Pubnation Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:41 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Just joined, haven’t done draft on the nrl platform before, hopefully I can make the actual draft time

Cool. The draft start time is set as 9pm tonight. Let me know if anyone would like it changed.

I haven't done draft either.

@Camo123 9pm tonight

Last edited by Milikache on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Milikache wrote:

Oh what am I doing wrong?

Created the leage >> Copy pin number >> W79T7X26

Edit: Did you try draft or the general fantasy one?

Draft starts in 6 hours >.< I'll be at basketball haha
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:43 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Draft starts in 6 hours >.< I'll be at basketball haha

In theory my kids should be in bed so assuming my wife doesn't want to talk to me I'll be good to go
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Milikache wrote:

Cool. The draft start time is set as 9pm tonight. Let me know if anyone would like it changed.

I haven't done draft either.

@Camo123 9pm tonight

Is that 9pm QLD time?

Also whats the time limit for picks?
    nxoc39

Post by nxoc39 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:46 pm

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:

I think the whole thing wreaks of corruption. Let’s face the facts, you essentially have a contracted enemy playing for another team. Ironically, one of the teams involved players that are willing to bet against their own team for a dollar. What’s to stop people missing a tackle when they play the team they’re actually contracted to? What ever happened to just being responsible for your own decisions? Grant wanted to work under the best to raise his own game, there’s a price to pay for that. Melbourne lost two centres and invested everywhere else, there’s a price to pay for that. Tigers are terrible at recruiting decent people, there’s a price to pay for that too. Milch made the point also, when (not if) the roosters do this will people be as supportive? It’s asking to be rorted.

If the swap goes through Momorovski is contracted to the Storm and Grant is contracted to the Tigers, that's who pays their salary. I don't see how that is any different from Crichton playing for Souths in 2018 when he had signed for the Roosters or Arrow playing for the Titans in 2020
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:48 pm

My current team is:

Friend

Haas Knight

Leilua Fifita Williams

Croft Cleary

Watkins Shibasaki

Aekins Brimson Papenhuyzen

Korosau Brailey Carrigan Walters/ other base price player
    3 X 246k and 1 X 228k

I really want a gun centre but dont know who to downgrade to upgrade a centre or if I should just leave this centre combination. Also could Averrillo be an option?
    Pubnation
    Pubnation

Post by Pubnation Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:49 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Also whats the time limit for picks?

9pm syd. So starts in just over 6 hrs. 60 secs for picks.

I just assumed people will be busy over the weekend and then working on their actually fantasy teams from monday on. So no time draft leagues. But all those parameters can be changed depending on what time everyone is available. I'm free in the evening everyday.
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:53 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Mago and Curran are both injured

Thanks for the info - Curran is off the bench then.
    Looks like Anti-Vax may end up in my team after all...even after he screwed me over last year Bang

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:53 pm

nxoc39 wrote:

Both clubs and both players were keen on the swap and it was the NRL who vetoed it, correct? So the Cam Murray example would only be relevant if all parties were supportive of the deal being made

Yes but were the other 14 clubs supportive of it? This is a competition.... clubs manipulating a system that’s tough enough already to keep in control just shouldn’t be allowed period. The Tigers are the number 9 team for years, what if Grant gets them to 8? That’s obviously what they’re trying to do but it’s not fair to the other teams who’ve managed their clubs better. People are really good at separating the business aspects of the game away from the competition element to justify terrible and often unfair outcomes to others. Trading players should never be a topic of discussion in the game, unless all 16 clubs agree to every trade made by every team. What’s really dumb about this is that contracts have basically become less in value than the paper They’re printed on, (especially if they were printed on toilet paper in today’s climate). If they’re that keen on doing the switch then tear up the contracts and walk.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:54 pm

Milikache wrote:

9pm syd. So starts in just over 6 hrs. 60 secs for picks.

I just assumed people will be busy over the weekend and then working on their actually fantasy teams from monday on. So no time draft leagues. But all those parameters can be changed depending on what time everyone is available. I'm free in the evening everyday.

I am free all day Sunday and probably from like 9 oclock QLD time onwards tonight haha but I mean I am happy to try and work it out. Maybe ill set up my draft order for the first 20-30 picks and hopefully I will catch the back end of the draft.
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:55 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Have you considered Musgrove. Even if he starts off the bench he should still get decent mins & score in the range you want. He's been very busy in the trials.

I was considering Musgrove as FRF cover, but have picked up Tetevano at 400k starting FRF cover.
    If I take Musgrove, I can spend more $ on 2RF cover.
    What's Musgrove's minutes look like?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:06 pm

nxoc39 wrote:

If the swap goes through Momorovski is contracted to the Storm and Grant is contracted to the Tigers, that's who pays their salary. I don't see how that is any different from Crichton playing for Souths in 2018 when he had signed for the Roosters or Arrow playing for the Titans in 2020

The difference is they go back to the club, in this case Grant does and momo unsure because his contract ends. Couldn’t agree more with you on signing for another club while still playing for one, it’s dumb as well. This just adds another level of dumb. Just an example of how this differs..... Grant plays this year for the Tigers and C Smith announces he retires in June, Storm offer him a upgraded contract and a guaranteed starting spot if he misses a few extra tackles while versing the Tigers in the finals. Has anyone even stipulated the rules of negotiation around player trades? You can’t approach a contracted player until their last year but technically he belongs to the Storm next year but plays with the Tigers this year. So many layers of bs when basically my original point stands that they didn’t recruit that well this season and they should just deal with it like the other clubs have to.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:22 pm

I'm open to the idea of a loan system but it cannot be made up on the fly, it must be discussed and put into effective with agreement of all 16 clubs + RLPA

In an ideal world there would be a free agency period at the end of each season which would allow teams between mid October and 1st of November to negotiate contracts. Players and teams would both not be allowed to break or even discuss contracts outside this period. All clubs would be required to be under the salary cap by the 1st of November or would not be playing for points the next season. This would be the perfect time frame to have these loan type moves go ahead. To give a "loyalty bonus" to teams they would be able to extend players currently at their club at any point leading up to this period.

If a club regrets signing a player to big money(Keiran Foran anyone?) they club is forced to cop it while they rot away in reserve grade or put up sub par performances in first grade. This will hopefully lead clubs to putting more thought into signing decisions

If a player regrets signing with a club again they are forced to wait it out in reserve grade. This will hopefully lead to more movement between clubs of these talented youngsters like Grant.

It will remove the circus around player signings like we are seeing at the moment(Crichton 12 months in advance, Arrow 12 months in advance, Roosters releasing Napa and Latrell due to signing with another club, Dogs releasing Klemmer for the same reason)
    Stuffness
    Stuffness

Post by Stuffness Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:23 pm

FalconSloth wrote:My current team is:

Friend

Haas   Knight

Leilua   Fifita   Williams

Croft   Cleary

Watkins   Shibasaki

Aekins   Brimson   Papenhuyzen

Korosau   Brailey   Carrigan   Walters/ other base price player
    3 X 246k and 1 X 228k

I really want a gun centre but dont know who to downgrade to upgrade a centre or if I should just leave this centre combination. Also could Averrillo be an option?

Wow, mines exactly the same with one exception. Moses instead of Cleary and i'm not convinced I've made the right choice. Moses plays 12 so saves me a trade but historically Cleary goes big without Maloney.
    Bagpipe
    Bagpipe

Post by Bagpipe Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Stuffness wrote:

Wow, mines exactly the same with one exception. Moses instead of Cleary and i'm not convinced I've made the right choice. Moses plays 12 so saves me a trade but historically Cleary goes big without Maloney.

Same, I think we've found our cookie cutter mould between us haha
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:37 pm

Stuffness wrote:

Cookie-cutter all the way.
    I've gone with Moses as well, mostly due to Parra's nice early draw.

Centre is going to be the position that decides the rankings of a lot of teams.
    That and the make-up of your 14-17.
    Looks like some people may decide to join the dark-side of Looping-ville to get two bites at boom-bust outside backs.
    Stuffness
    Stuffness

Post by Stuffness Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:46 pm

The Bludger wrote:

Cookie-cutter all the way.
    I've gone with Moses as well, mostly due to Parra's nice early draw.

Centre is going to be the position that decides the rankings of a lot of teams.
    That and the make-up of your 14-17.
    Looks like some people may decide to join the dark-side of Looping-ville to get two bites at boom-bust outside backs.

Always hated the looping concept and never participated.
    May have to learn how to do it this year bounce

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:03 am