NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:31 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Yeah mate I am still gonna start with him. The best thing about it is that they are both cheap as chips so it's not really an issue. I'd be more than happy to start with Walters on my bench if starting 9 then trade him out to grant when he hopefully gets the green light

Disagree with this man. 100% an issue.

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition! - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 11 - The join your Leagues edition!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:31 pm

Shooter McGavin wrote:

Melbourne could however push to remove the C.SMITH get out clause when the contracts are cancelled and restructured and hence this has the potential to result in Grant playing 2020 with Tigers but being back at 2nd or 3rd fiddle in 2021 at Melbourne should Smith play on.

Grant is 22 years old and won't wait around forever for Smith to retire. Pretty sure there was an article a week or so back saying Smith was keen to keep same output as previous years meaning best case scenario for Grant is he gets 15 minutes off the bench, with the assumption B.Smith plays exclusively in the pack, as I doubt a team like Melbourne are stupid enough to carry 2 bench hookers...

Putting it in perspective; Xerri and D.Brown are 19 with breakout seasons under their belt already, Haas and D.Fifita are 20, Ponga is 21 and Cleary and Murray are 22.

Not saying he is the same calibre as these players, but they have had chances to establish themselves and have become young stars at the same or younger age then Grant currently is. Surely he will push the exit hard. If Smith doesn't retire for another 2 years, Grant's 24 years old and may still lose the spot to The Cheese (B.smith), who lets face it is probably also getting sick of playing out of his preferred position...

I think the whole thing wreaks of corruption. Let’s face the facts, you essentially have a contracted enemy playing for another team. Ironically, one of the teams involved players that are willing to bet against their own team for a dollar. What’s to stop people missing a tackle when they play the team they’re actually contracted to? What ever happened to just being responsible for your own decisions? Grant wanted to work under the best to raise his own game, there’s a price to pay for that. Melbourne lost two centres and invested everywhere else, there’s a price to pay for that. Tigers are terrible at recruiting decent people, there’s a price to pay for that too. Milch made the point also, when (not if) the roosters do this will people be as supportive? It’s asking to be rorted.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:31 pm

Loomer wrote:I'm back to looking at Ponga with Warriors up first

Last night I was thinking how do I get Ponga & it came down to downgrading Moses to a mid priced half so I could afford Ponga. Both gk & if anything with the Warriors up first Ponga should get a few points from 6-12 points from gk's. I expect Moses to average higher than Ponga over the season but imo Ponga can match Moses early season.
    Also on Ese'ese nrl.com I think says Sione M. is due back around round 4 but nrl.com casualty list isn't always that accurate.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Camo123 wrote:So are people going to pick Walters even though Grant could come after R1 in maybe like R3 if trade goes through

If Walters starts round 1 and Grant is still in Melbourne I'll pick Walters, probably play him in my 17 too.

If Grant comes across round 2 or 3 then I'll just swap them.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:39 pm

😂😂😂! First time I’ve ever seen it but the courier mail has done a story on players who “haven’t trained the house down!” Love it
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:51 pm

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:

I think the whole thing wreaks of corruption. Let’s face the facts, you essentially have a contracted enemy playing for another team. Ironically, one of the teams involved players that are willing to bet against their own team for a dollar. What’s to stop people missing a tackle when they play the team they’re actually contracted to? What ever happened to just being responsible for your own decisions? Grant wanted to work under the best to raise his own game, there’s a price to pay for that. Melbourne lost two centres and invested everywhere else, there’s a price to pay for that. Tigers are terrible at recruiting decent people, there’s a price to pay for that too. Milch made the point also, when (not if) the roosters do this will people be as supportive? It’s asking to be rorted.

Agreed.
    While Grant makes for a juicy cash cow fantasy wise, the game is bigger than fantasy.

This whole swapping / loaning idea is just asking for 'powerhouse' (willing and able to cheat the cap) teams to rort the system.
    Also, players need to start taking responsibility for the contracts they sign. If I sign contract to work for a particular company for a certain $ remuneration package, and I'm happy to do so, I can't just take my bat and ball to go work for their competition because I want extra opportunities to 'play in the big league'.
    If Grant wants the opportunity, sign with a different club once this contract has expired. If the Storm see him as the long-term future Hooker, force the issue and get him on the paddock.

From a purely Fantasy perspective, Grant staying at the Storm removes a no-brainer pick from the possible cattle on offer.
    I'm happy to run with Walters (who is 26 and has waited for his opportunity as well) and the Tigers should own their recruitment choices.
    The Storm are a pox on the good name and reputation of the entire NRL and should be shut down...
    Bring back the Central Coast Bears instead.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:52 pm

The Bludger wrote:
    Also, players need to start taking responsibility for the contracts they sign. If I sign contract to work for a particular company for a certain $ remuneration package, and I'm happy to do so, I can't just take my bat and ball to go work for their competition because I want extra opportunities to 'play in the big league'.

well, you can. the point of the contract is both sides agree to the terms of the release.
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:

well, you can. the point of the contract is both sides agree to the terms of the release.

Then the Tigers and Storm should just release their respective players and be done with it.
    The point is they are trying to have their cake and eat it too.
    (Dumb example I know)
    Beer
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:57 pm

The Bludger wrote:

Then the Tigers and Storm should just release their respective players and be done with it.
    The point is they are trying to have their cake and eat it too.
    (Dumb example I know)
    Beer

That's exactly what they're trying to do?

I agree with the NRL for blocking it for minor cap reasons.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:59 pm

I mean, it is pretty easy to say "I might play one more year" before the season starts, it might be a completely different story by the time the season ends. You can't fight Father Time and he isn't Tom Brady standing behind a bunch of guys chucking a ball while barely getting touched.

We will see I guess.
    Pubnation
    Pubnation

Post by Pubnation Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:07 pm

For anyone who doesn't have a draft league for the season, join the one I just created.

W79T7X26
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:12 pm

my tv broke wrote:

That's exactly what they're trying to do?

I agree with the NRL for blocking it for minor cap reasons.

You said it. I love that the NRL isn't making this easy on earth team.
    Earth Team... lol!

'either team'
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Milikache wrote:For anyone who doesn't have a draft league for the season, join the one I just created.

W79T7X26

Getting league not found mate.
    The Bludger
    The Bludger

Post by The Bludger Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Still mucking around with my team, 2RF cover - suddenly anti-vac is staring back at me affraid
    Trying to decide between Mr Magoo / Carty-Party / Curran ... or someone I've missed.
    Just need 25 - 35 off the bench, some kind of job security and cash making potential for a Rd. 12 upgrade.
    Pubnation
    Pubnation

Post by Pubnation Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:18 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Getting league not found mate.

Oh what am I doing wrong?

Created the leage >> Copy pin number >> W79T7X26

Edit: Did you try draft or the general fantasy one?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:27 pm

The Bludger wrote:Still mucking around with my team, 2RF cover - suddenly anti-vac is staring back at me affraid
    Trying to decide between Mr Magoo / Carty-Party / Curran ... or someone I've missed.
    Just need 25 - 35 off the bench, some kind of job security and cash making potential for a Rd. 12 upgrade.
    Mago and Curran are both injured
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:28 pm

The Bludger wrote:Still mucking around with my team, 2RF cover - suddenly anti-vac is staring back at me affraid

Have you considered Musgrove. Even if he starts off the bench he should still get decent mins & score in the range you want. He's been very busy in the trials.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:34 pm

Milikache wrote:

Just joined, haven’t done draft on the nrl platform before, hopefully I can make the actual draft time
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Hey LB.... Did you lose an avatar bet to the Welsh man?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:39 pm

Milikache wrote:

I tried fantasy lol! my bad

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:24 am