NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

SuperCoach 2020

SuperCoach 2020 - Page 6 Empty Re: SuperCoach 2020

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:12 am

Musgrove > Katoa only trade. Usually wait for R2 to end before trading but may need the two trades available next week.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:47 am

I only got 1044 last round, but had points sitting on the bench. Not sure if I should trade this week or give players like Stimson another chance.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:15 am

General question, hombres. Do you guys pay for BE's or do you just loosely make your decisions based on the BE's for Fantasy? Even if they no doubt differ.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:35 am

Loosely on fantasy but really just eyeball rough price compared to past scores
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:37 am

I didn't look at BEs last season but bought assistant coach for them this year. I would not look at the fantasy BEs and think they are comparable to be honest. You might as well just take a guesstimate. I don't think you need them too often but I am willing to provide the BEs from assistant coach if required
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:08 am

Cool. Yeah, I figure just keeping an eye on general form and loose reference to Fantasy BE's should provide a pretty good idea on who to pursue and who to dump.
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:13 am

Hannah2 wrote:I only got 1044 last round, but had points sitting on the bench. Not sure if I should trade this week or give players like Stimson another chance.

It is always a tough question whether you trade early or not. I like to look at a few factors as a guide;

1-scores from bench.

If they are all decent it probably is advisable to wait a week as on average you'd expect that to continue for most of bench players. It is unlikely that more than 3-4 follow up a decent round 1 score with a shit one and thus put themselves on the chopping block. If 2-3 plus scores are poor and there are good cash cow replacements then trading may be considered

2-player role/how they scored their points/minutes played

This is where watching the game helps heaps. For instance, Stimson is a good example. Yes he scored poorly but he had a good role and bulk minutes. He made a couple mistakes too. On average if he retains minutes and role he should score higher, whether that happens is imo more important than score.

Jack Williams is another. Played good minutes and got almost all his points from base stats but did he show any signs of an offensive game? Answer has to be no which means he's upside is limited. However, does this mean you trade him given his price? My answer is probably not as at least you know what you get and it's decent for his price. However if there are value substitute options then you can consider it.

Finally an example is lomax. On face value his 55 seems good for hiss price but if you watched you'd know he was absolutely gifted a try under the posts and then held up players over the try line. He barely got any ball and his team were backed up on the try line for most of the game, especially the 2nd half. Yes he had the job of kicking goals but apart from that he was lucky to get the score he did. Now he has been named on a wing which is most likely less conducive to quality scoring, obviously dependant on the player and team. Those facts show that his score was
    highly inflated so I think he should be on chopping block. For me since I don't have any pressing issues I'll most likely keep him 1 more week but I plan to use a trade on him next week.

3- The options available

This is pretty self explanatory but it obviously helps determine whether you pull the trigger and again it is best that you look at point 2 first. What are the options available and why did they score as they did. Why is in my opinion more important than what when it comes to scores.

4.Fixture and formlines

Won't explain this much but strength of draw can affect scores and patches of form are wise to follow.

So yeah that is my long-winded way of saying that BEs are good to look at but by no means do they tell the full story. I look at the above before BEs most of the time. After doing the above analysis as well as I can, then I think about the money side of things and the trades I predict I will use etc
    Hope this was somewhat informative

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:50 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Cool. Yeah, I figure just keeping an eye on general form and loose reference to Fantasy BE's should provide a pretty good idea on who to pursue and who to dump.

I have it but mainly because I forgot to cancel it lol.

Go here for all that stuff for free https://www.nrlsupercoachstats.com/
    deathbywarriors
    deathbywarriors

Post by deathbywarriors Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:20 am

WT2K wrote:

I'm the same. Only realised it auto-renewed when I checked my bank account

This is the main comp I play with my mates so I need any advantage I can get
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:43 am

WT2K wrote:

Cool, thanks mate. Jeez that looks like a stack of info to decipher. I actually remember stumbling across that site a couple of years ago during my first crack at fantasy.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:32 am

Teeth Eater wrote:General question, hombres. Do you guys pay for BE's or do you just loosely make your decisions based on the BE's for Fantasy? Even if they no doubt differ.
    Milchcow was posting BEs last year on here, under heading Fantasy Resources. Not sure he's doing it again, must be a huge commitment, but it was really great. Check it out maybe next week.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:19 am

I'll probably post BEs again

Its not that much effort - the spreadsheet is already written, just need to plug the rounds data into it each week.

Worst thing about SC is that excel keeps turning the 58th position into a date. Pisses me off like that

Also happens when you copy data from the nrl.com match centre - minutes played is never treated as minutes:seconds but always converted into a bloody date
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:21 am

But speaking of supercoach, who should I pick as last reserves

need 3 of
    Brailey, Cartwright, JWilliams, Katoa, Walters, Panehuyzen
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:32 am

Milchcow wrote:

need 3 of

I'm playing Walters and Papenhuyzen. Dropped Brailey in favour of Flegler and Knight, but considering playing Katoa over one of them.. Don't have Carty or JWill but I'd put Carty last.

Papen, Walters, Katoa, Brailey/JWill and Carty is how I'd rank them.

Mainly dropped Brailey quickly because of Storm.. feel it'll be a slow grind.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:48 am

Milchcow wrote:

need 3 of

Too late, but I'd have gone;

Walters, Pap, and Brailey (to be honest, Brailey, Williams and even Katoa probably all score about the same, imo).

Thanks in advance if you do those stats. Smile
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:46 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I'll probably post BEs again

Its not that much effort - the spreadsheet is already written, just need to plug the rounds data into it each week.

Worst thing about SC is that excel keeps turning the 58th position into a date. Pisses me off like that

Also happens when you copy data from the nrl.com match centre - minutes played is never treated as  minutes:seconds but always converted into a bloody date

Maybe this, LOL, thanks for the BEs
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/stop-automatically-changing-numbers-to-dates-452bd2db-cc96-47d1-81e4-72cec11c4ed8
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:08 am

Should I trade Koloamatangi for Eliesa Katoa? Kolo has dual position, but not as handy as the money Katoa will make next week, I'm guessing
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:44 am

I made that trade last week with limited options left, lucky break for me.

I probably would've gone Tetevano to Katoa this week instead of Guler if I didn't already have Kat.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:43 am

WT Winfield wrote:I made that trade last week with limited options left, lucky break for me.

I probably would've gone Tetevano to Katoa this week instead of Guler if I didn't already have Kat.
    I worry about Guler, with Bateman coming back
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:05 am

Hannah2 wrote:
    I worry about Guler, with Bateman coming back

My main worry with Guler is if the season shuts down next week, but hoping he can make something off the back of the 94 last game.

NRL casualty ward saying

"Canberra back-rower John Bateman is out of a sling as he continues his recovery from shoulder surgery. The Englishman is due back in round seven or eight.

English forward John Bateman is not expected to play before round six or seven"

So I'm thinking best case Rd 5 for Bateman with their healing serums.

Tapine doesn't mind an injury though, so maybe other options open up for Guler to stick around.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 pm