NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    code delta
    code delta

    Posts : 2500
    Reputation : 1206
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by code delta on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:52 pm

    Can we discuss McInnes v CS9
    Can they both maintain last years averages? We assume CS9 can because he just seems to keep doing it. Will he actually average a bit more because he might get a few more kick meters this year. Does getting older have an impact.
    And will McInnes continue his rise in point scoring? In his prime and seems to be getting better.
    I'm not starting with Hass but will start with one of these two so they will be potential captain options for me. (Afifi and Cleary in team as other C options)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 9443
    Reputation : 2313
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by White Lightning on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:59 pm

    @code delta wrote:Can we discuss McInnes v CS9
    Can they both maintain last years averages? We assume CS9 can because he just seems to keep doing it. Will he actually average a bit more because he might get a few more kick meters this year. Does getting older have an impact.
    And will McInnes continue his rise in point scoring? In his prime and seems to be getting better.
    I'm not starting with Hass but will start with one of these two so they will be potential captain options for me. (Afifi and Cleary in team as other C options)

    CS9 for me with the gk plus McInnes getting over injury
    code delta
    code delta

    Posts : 2500
    Reputation : 1206
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by code delta on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:02 pm

    @The Pascoe Fiasco wrote: I still have no idea how to reply to a particular message.
    At bottom right of any post is "quote". Click on that and it will bring up the message for the post you want to reply to.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 65
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:10 pm

    @Adrianoooo wrote:

    I personally have Brailey and Su’a. I do like Stimson but can’t really fit in him right now.

    If you want to reply to a particular message, click quote and then just write your message below the text in the text box
    Thanks very much!
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

    Posts : 171
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2019-12-01

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by castlecrag sweethearts on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:14 pm

    The longer this off-season moves on, the lighter I go in the FRF/2RF. It is kind of an affliction. It started with dissing the value of Haas. Soon I will be looking at 228 k chumps to fill in gaps Question

    There is just so much under-priced goodness in the backs because FanHub is trying to flip the balance of team selections. This would have to be the biggest change in terms of the game from last year. It throws some previously long-held assumptions of what a good team should look like out the window.

    My strategy this year is certainly going to be gun backs and hookers, with valuable, reliable, low-priced plodders who do their job in the forwards. I may live to regret it, but no more than I have regretted my form in previous seasons.

    The definition of insanity is doing things the same way each year and getting the same dodgy results.

    C. Smith
    Mikaele Carrigan
    Su'A J. Williams, Stimson
    Flanagan, G. Williams
    Bird Burns
    Hughes, Ponga, Papenhuyzen

    Friend Magoulias Drinkwater Capewell/Chee-Kam

    Luai Musgrove Grant Utoikamanu/Kaloamatangi

    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 65
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:18 pm

    @KingTeddy wrote:Isaako or Cotric (assuming he plays centre).  ??????
    Isaako easily as long as he is FB and has the GK! I haven’t really considered Cotric though.
    Milikache
    Milikache

    Posts : 73
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2019-03-03
    Age : 23

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by Milikache on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:19 pm

    I don't post much here, but I am a true lurker. I've pretty much read every post on this year's threads so far.

    Not really fantasy related. If it's okay to ask, how old is everyone here? Always curious about the demography of internet strangers I interact with.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 65
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:21 pm

    @castlecrag sweethearts wrote:The longer this off-season moves on, the lighter I go in the FRF/2RF. It is kind of an affliction. It started with dissing the value of Haas. Soon I will be looking at 228 k chumps to fill in gaps Question

    There is just so much under-priced goodness in the backs because FanHub is trying to flip the balance of team selections. This would have to be the biggest change in terms of the game from last year. It throws some previously long-held assumptions of what a good team should look like out the window.

    My strategy this year is certainly going to be gun backs and hookers, with valuable, reliable, low-priced plodders who do their job in the forwards. I may live to regret it, but no more than I have regretted my form in previous seasons.

    The definition of insanity is doing things the same way each year and getting the same dodgy results.

    C. Smith
    Mikaele Carrigan
    Su'A J. Williams, Stimson
    Flanagan, G. Williams
    Bird Burns
    Hughes, Ponga, Papenhuyzen

    Friend Magoulias Drinkwater Capewell/Chee-Kam

    Luai Musgrove Grant Utoikamanu/Kaloamatangi

    No, it’s the expecting a different result! No matter what I try the result is always the same -shite!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 65
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:25 pm

    Can I ask a really dumb question? If you have a DPP player is it better to put him in your 14-17 than to actually play him in your 1-13?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 721
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by robelgordo on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:25 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:

    Cannot see how Cam King gets a bench spot. Signed purely as depth imo.

    Magoulis the most likely to relieve Brailey, if he isnt up to 80 mins

    I think this is most likely. Magoulias also probably will spend more time in the back row than hooker.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 721
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by robelgordo on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:25 pm

    @The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Can I ask a really dumb question? If you have a DPP player is it better to put him in your 14-17 than to actually play him in your 1-13?

    Yes in most circumstances.
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

    Posts : 114
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2020-01-20

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by KingTeddy on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 pm

    After watching George Williams' career highlights I am going to have to fit him into my team. I seriously think he will be a gun. His defence is solid, he will have decent kick meters, and is a strong runner of the ball. Looks perfect for me
    code delta
    code delta

    Posts : 2500
    Reputation : 1206
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by code delta on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 pm


    So where are the guns???

    @castlecrag sweethearts wrote:
    My strategy this year is certainly going to be gun backs and hookers, with valuable, reliable, low-priced plodders who do their job in the forwards. I may live to regret it, but no more than I have regretted my form in previous seasons.


    C. Smith
    Mikaele Carrigan
    Su'A J. Williams, Stimson
    Flanagan, G. Williams
    Bird Burns
    Hughes, Ponga, Papenhuyzen

    Friend Magoulias Drinkwater Capewell/Chee-Kam

    Luai Musgrove Grant Utoikamanu/Kaloamatangi

    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

    Posts : 65
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2019-02-03

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by The Pascoe Fiasco on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:31 pm

    @robelgordo wrote:

    Yes in most circumstances.
    Oh dear! I have one DPP player in my whole team! My 14-17 are all 2RF!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 2769
    Reputation : 1619
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by Pookus McFly on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:32 pm

    @Milikache wrote:I don't post much here, but I am a true lurker. I've pretty much read every post on this year's threads so far.

    Not really fantasy related. If it's okay to ask, how old is everyone here? Always curious about the demography of internet strangers I interact with.

    I would say we comfortably range from younglings (stormtrooper) to old farts (rabbit)
    But Chewie is 234
    robelgordo
    robelgordo

    Posts : 721
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2019-07-08

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by robelgordo on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:32 pm

    @KingTeddy wrote:After watching George Williams' career highlights I am going to have to fit him into my team. I seriously think he will be a gun. His defence is solid, he will have decent kick meters, and is a strong runner of the ball. Looks perfect for me

    I can’t get past that Jackson Hastings and Blake Austin dominate in Superleague. I’m not prepared to trust a UK back without seeing them in the NRL first.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 269
    Reputation : 204
    Join date : 2018-03-01

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by Aardvark on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:34 pm

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Myself and Milchy have tried to start the Carty party a few times this preseason with no luck. I don't know if it's a safe option but will be one to consider TLT

    I, for one, am definitely for the Carty Party if he starts. The score is one all for Carty wins vs. fails for me so a decider is most welcome.
    Lock up your Vaccines, the party’s back!!!!
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

    Posts : 1659
    Reputation : 190
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by danseels1985 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:35 pm

    Hey guys this is my current team if anyone cares to analyse it.

    Friend
    Haas Knight/RCG
    Fifita Lolo Sua
    Brimson Croft
    Best Talau
    Papy Lomax Doueihi

    Koroisau
    BBrailey
    Stimson
    Grant

    Stefano
    Musgrove/Jensen
    Magoulias
    Luai

    Really want Moses or McInnes in there but can’t bring myself to drop Haas. One name I haven’t seen mentioned at all is RCG. It may be my bias/wishful thinking but I really think he is in for a big season and is at a good price. Any thoughts on this?
    code delta
    code delta

    Posts : 2500
    Reputation : 1206
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by code delta on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:35 pm

    @Milikache wrote:

    Not really fantasy related. If it's okay to ask, how old is everyone here? Always curious about the demography of internet strangers I interact with.

    Half of us are older than you and the other half of us are younger than you maybe.
    I suspect age doesn't effect how good or bad you are at this FF stuff.
    I'll bet you are younger than me though. Laughing
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 2769
    Reputation : 1619
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

    Post by Pookus McFly on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:36 pm

    @KingTeddy wrote:After watching George Williams' career highlights I am going to have to fit him into my team. I seriously think he will be a gun. His defence is solid, he will have decent kick meters, and is a strong runner of the ball. Looks perfect for me

    In Supercoach he’s 333k and well worth a stab at that price, but 635k is a lot of money. I’d rather Pearce for 10k more- and I sure as hell don’t want Pearce!

      Current date/time is Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:37 pm