NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on SJ vs Cleary for that gun half spot? Cleary has better base for a half but SJ has a better team around him and has more ways of scoring points (way more TAs, LBAs and running stats)

Both are playing in the same teams they were last year. Do you think either Cronulla or Penrith will be significantly better or worse this year? Enough to make a difference in attacking output?

IMO the lack of Maloney is likely to improve Cleary's stats more than any increase SJ might see
    nxoc39

Post by nxoc39 Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:32 pm

Decided to throw a bit of a HOK + 2RF heavy draft together and I kinda like it, thoughts?

Smith
    Knight Merrin
    Murray Taumalolo Fifita
    JMK Luai
    Lomax Nuff
    Pap Brimson Nuff

Friend Lowe Stimson Nuff
    4xNuff

Obviously very TLT dependent but I feel like stacking the two traditionally best scoring positions early could be beneficial rather than relying on midrangers to fund bringing in an extra half/Haas. Also lowkey considering dropping Pap out of my team for just about the first time, the worst part about fantasy is when you think about it too much hahaha
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:41 pm

Camo123 wrote:To add to the fact you can't unsee L Leilua being off-centre in his picture, J Leilua has only gone and topped him with his picture having a white background after they redid his player face

With L leilua leaning stage right, it's a pity he doesn't play in the same position as Milne who is leaning stage left so that you could balance them up.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Trajan wrote:This maybe risky but Keary looks value and usually starts the season well. Do you take a chance that Keary hangs around until you can upgrade to lets say Moses before the inevitable concussion issues?This will also depend on how much involvement Flanagan has with the chooks attack but early on you would think Keary will be calling most of the plays.That extra coin goes a long way to improving some of my mediocre backs and reserves.

I think Keary is actually quite a decent option. He had some great scores last year. I really think he scores well if the Roosters play well. Have nothing to back that up, but if they are looking to be title contenders again, I think he's a bold choice mate. Could be a masterstroke. I guess it's how he and Flanagan mesh. Flanagan is the Cronk type, but Keary was doing a lot of controlling last year too. You would think Robbo would look to him to be the dominant half and take control of the team. To be honest, I did look at him myself as a potential option. Just worried about his concussion issues.
    nxoc39

Post by nxoc39 Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Mulvy wrote:

With L leilua leaning stage right, it's a pity he doesn't play in the same position as Milne who is leaning stage left so that you could balance them up.

Jesus I didn't even notice Milne until you mentioned that... time to sub him out of my team
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:50 pm

wolfking wrote:

I think Keary is actually quite a decent option.  He had some great scores last year.  I really think he scores well if the Roosters play well.  Have nothing to back that up, but if they are looking to be title contenders again, I think he's a bold choice mate.  Could be a masterstroke.  I guess it's how he and Flanagan mesh.  Flanagan is the Cronk type, but Keary was doing a lot of controlling last year too.  You would think Robbo would look to him to be the dominant half and take control of the team.  To be honest, I did look at him myself as a potential option.  Just worried about his concussion issues.

Let's not forget if he stays healthy he'll be playing origin aswell....
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:15 pm

Another plus for SJ is Moylan is battling hamstring issues & won't start the season with J. Morris a temporary replacement at f/b.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:31 pm

KingTeddy wrote:

Let's not forget if he stays healthy he'll be playing origin aswell....

That's very true and a good point. I think though if you start with him you'd aim to move him on by Origin. You would just hope he would come out of the block firing for the first couple of months.
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:54 pm

wolfking wrote:

That's very true and a good point.  I think though if you start with him you'd aim to move him on by Origin.  You would just hope he would come out of the block firing for the first couple of months.

Thats the plan Wolfie, he is going to be Moses or whoever in the halves is playing round 12 and going well. The only caveat is as you mentioned
    his battles with concussion. The one saving grace if he does have more concussion issues is that there will be no dicking around wondering if he will play or not. He will be out for some time unfortunately. I will be cringing every time he goes to the line or tackles, which will be often. They will be gunning
    for him as there is no Cronk backup so if you stifle Keary that goes a long way to limiting the Roosters attack with Flanagan still on P plates and needing time to jell with his new team, he may surprise though. My 3rd second rower and 3rd WFB are slowly but surely driving me crazy Wolfie.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Broncos have posted an interview with Siebold re this weekend. You can (only barely) see that Turpin is still listed ahead of mccullough on the depth chart behind him.

He talks a bit more about Bird at fb. Does seem like its just building depth but interestingly he says he has spent more time there at the back end of this pre season

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:14 pm

Happy new year all,
    Interesting reading to catch up on.
    Last few pages are hard to tell if people are being serious or taking the piss...
    Maybe half and half.
    I’m daring someone to follow through and name their 2rf
    Merrin
    Carty
    Aubbs
    Good luck to everyone and congratulations to Tv broke 👌
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:18 pm

I actually put Aubbs in my team today, if I stick with an expensive CTR I'm going to be leaning towards Aubbs over Burns

I think there is less risk than previous years; played rounds 15-24 at 2RF (rested R25) and then played each final at 2RF (HIA in GF, unsure what lower mins in PF was from) and if he does start at 2RF he's well underpriced being priced at 34.5 average with 47.1 starting 2RF average in 2019

Obviously dependent on TLT but Crichton can play middle off the bench (and did a quite good job of it in the backend of 2019)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:19 pm

my tv broke wrote:Broncos have posted an interview with Siebold re this weekend. You can (only barely) see that Turpin is still listed ahead of mccullough on the depth chart behind him.

He talks a bit more about Bird at fb. Does seem like its just building depth but interestingly he says he has spent more time there at the back end of this pre season

Well if its true that Boyd will be starting centre over Bird, makes sense that Bird trains in a few positions if he is going to be the utility cover.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Camo123 wrote:I actually put Aubbs in my team today, if I stick with an expensive CTR I'm going to be leaning towards Aubbs over Burns

I think there is less risk than previous years; played rounds 15-24 at 2RF (rested R25) and then played each final at 2RF (HIA in GF, unsure what lower mins in PF was from) and if he does start at 2RF he's well underpriced being priced at 34.5 average with 47.1 starting 2RF average in 2019

Obviously dependent on TLT but Crichton can play middle off the bench (and did a quite good job of it in the backend of 2019)

For me the key downside of Aubbs or Capewell is that you need to keep track of the team lists in the last hour before each of their games, or could be disappointed when named on the bench (or at center)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 pm

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:Happy new year all,
    Interesting reading to catch up on.
    Last few pages are hard to tell if people are being serious or taking the piss...
    Maybe half and half.
    I’m daring someone to follow through and name their 2rf
    Merrin
    Carty
    Aubbs
    Good luck to everyone and congratulations to Tv broke 👌

If people are naming Merrin and Aubbs in their 2RF they are certainly taking the piss a bit (not least because Merrin is currently FRF only)
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:22 pm

How on earth is Friend only 8.8% ownership. He’s a must have imo
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:How on earth is Friend only 8.8% ownership. He’s a must have imo
    Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If people are naming Merrin and Aubbs in their 2RF they are certainly taking the piss a bit (not least because Merrin is currently FRF only)
    That’s very true, 6 or so pages on Merrin was the real surprising read too. When’s the last time he played frf? Did he have a small stint at panthers before leaving?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:49 pm

KalkadoonWarrior wrote:
    That’s very true, 6 or so pages on Merrin was the real surprising read too. When’s the last time he played frf? Did he have a small stint at panthers before leaving?

No way you play him in 2RF. He's an option as the second FRF if he ends up playing big minutes at Lock. I believe he played some FRF at Leeds. He should get dual which when all things considered, makes him a viable pick.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:56 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:How on earth is Friend only 8.8% ownership. He’s a must have imo

If appears his ownership will jump after the WCC I'd the roosters nines team us any guide

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:21 am