NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 5

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:01 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Ah Hastings!. The other day I was trying to remember the two cheapie halves the Roosters started in 2016. I could remember the other Nikorima but forgot about Hastings. Made decent coin from memory. I think that was Ash Taylor's year to start at base price too.

Well he has since risen to the heights of 2019 Man of Steel (Dally M equivalent).

It was a two horse race with Blake Austin, until Austin got crocked. Lachlan Coote was in the top 5. So was George Williams. The man Williams has replaced, Aidan Sezer, just got MoTM in his first game over there. As did Bevan French.

Williams is priced at 635k. Would anyone take any of the others in the above para at 635k?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:02 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Hey guys this is my current team if anyone cares to analyse it.

Friend
    Haas Knight/RCG
    Fifita Lolo Sua
    Brimson Croft
    Best Talau
    Papy Lomax Doueihi

Koroisau
    BBrailey
    Stimson
    Grant

Stefano
    Musgrove/Jensen
    Magoulias
    Luai

Really want Moses or McInnes in there but can’t bring myself to drop Haas. One name I haven’t seen mentioned at all is RCG. It may be my bias/wishful thinking but I really think he is in for a big season and is at a good price. Any thoughts on this?

Great
    Great Meh
    Good Great Meh
    Meh Meh
    Vomit Vomit
    Great Good Meh

Good, good, good, good

Meh, meh, good, good.

We did mention RCG, I remember saying that I think he was slightly undervalued, but not enough for my liking but can't remember the reasons.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:05 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Williams is a very similar player to Sam Tomkins. Make of that what you will.

No need to take the risk, if you are not game. He does have a strong kicking game. There is a bunch of base stats already!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:09 pm

Haven't seen anyone mention Reynolds at all. I have him in my current double gun half team with Moses. He probably won't stay there but gun scorer, good team, main kicker, round 12 and no origin.
    Donkeyyyyyy
    Donkeyyyyyy

Post by Donkeyyyyyy Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:13 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Well he has since risen to the heights of 2019 Man of Steel (Dally M equivalent).

It was a two horse race with Blake Austin, until Austin got crocked. Lachlan Coote was in the top 5. So was George Williams. The man Williams has replaced, Aidan Sezer, just got MoTM in his first game over there. As did Bevan French.

Williams is priced at 635k. Would anyone take any of the others in the above para at 635k?
    Nail, meet head. I don't see any upside to starting with Williams as I can only think most are looking at him as a second half option to go along with a gun. The same if not more value can be made from Luai/Mann/Brimson unless he outguns Origin level Halves.
    Bagpipe
    Bagpipe

Post by Bagpipe Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:16 pm

I have a very sick sinking feeling that Boyd will play centre and they'll throw Bird at 14 as a utility. I fear that Boyd has an undeserved guaranteed place within the side due to the lack of experience.

As a Broncos fan, I absolutely hope my hunch is wrong but it feels like the same kick in the guts from last year hoping that Boyd was going to be dropped. Help me Obi-wan Kenobi
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:16 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I, for one, am definitely for the Carty Party if he starts. The score is one all for Carty wins vs. fails for me so a decider is most welcome.
    Lock up your Vaccines, the party’s back!!!!

If he starts I’m getting my Natural Remedies and hoping on the Carty Party
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:17 pm

wolfking wrote:Haven't seen anyone mention Reynolds at all.  I have him in my current double gun half team with Moses.  He probably won't stay there but gun scorer, good team, main kicker, round 12 and no origin.  
    Talk is Reyno is out of the 9’s with a groin injury. (He was gonna be captain for us).
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:19 pm

wolfking wrote:Haven't seen anyone mention Reynolds at all.  I have him in my current double gun half team with Moses.  He probably won't stay there but gun scorer, good team, main kicker, round 12 and no origin.  

Not the worst pick. But seems to be priced fairly, no fan hub tax/refund. He's just come off his best fantasy season in five years, with same halves partner and hooker. Then there's the perceived prone to injury tag. Hard to see him scoring any better, but if you're looking for a rd 12 gun where you get what you pay for he's okay I suppose.
    Donkeyyyyyy
    Donkeyyyyyy

Post by Donkeyyyyyy Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:20 pm

Priced at his average so no immediate value, I think for Reynolds to gain anything would be for him to be kicking more goals but IIRC the bunnies would have been already towards the top of tries scored. If you are looking for a Hlf to get through Origin and potential sideways trade for a R16 player he could be a very good option.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:20 pm

Those who are gonna go for Carty party if he starts you guys are mad, I’ll be staying clear!

Those leaving Haas out are game too!

I have thought this a couple of times but imagine if a gun like Haas injures themselves in the 9’s Shocked

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bagpipe
    Bagpipe

Post by Bagpipe Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:20 pm

To further my gut feeling. I found this article on NRL.com

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/07/bird-and-boyd-named-as-broncos-roll-out-big-guns-in-trial/

"Last year's debutants Xavier Coates, Herbie Farnworth and Izaia Perese are in a battle with Corey Oates for two wing positions. Kotoni Staggs is on track to claim the right centre position with Boyd leading the way in the battle for left centre."

OH. MY. GOD
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:21 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:

If he starts I’m getting my Natural Remedies and hoping on the Carty Party

I cant believe I keep seeing posts where many are seriously considering Carty. The guy was a borderline gun in 2016 and hasnt been close to showing the same kind of form ever since. No reason to expect that to change this season.
    Donkeyyyyyy
    Donkeyyyyyy

Post by Donkeyyyyyy Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:21 pm

Donkeyyyyyy wrote:I think I've got my final draft pending TLT. The only change I'm considering is ditching Mann for a base price WFB in Saab/Leleisiuao type to free up cash as this team only has 3k ITB, and there's every likely that they'll score more or less around the same.

Other than downgrade the guns, is there alternative ways to free up cash that I'm missing?

Friend
    Haas Knight
    Lolo Stimson Willams
    Moses Mann
    Lomax Milne
    Ponga Brimson Papy

Koro BBrailey Grant Luai
    246 246 228 228
    Bump
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:21 pm

Donkeyyyyyy wrote:
    Nail, meet head. I don't see any upside to starting with Williams as I can only think most are looking at him as a second half option to go along with a gun. The same if not more value can be made from Luai/Mann/Brimson unless he outguns Origin level Halves.

Yeah Ive gone a bit hard here, but there’s been maybe 150 players mentioned here since the game launched and George WIlliams is the only one where I just straight up think, ewww gross. Biggest trap in the game.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:22 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Those who are gonna go for Carty party if he starts you guys are mad, I’ll be staying clear!

Those leaving Haas out are game too!

I have thought this a couple of times but imagine if a gun like Haas injures themselves in the 9’s Shocked

How are we on the same side of every discussion this season? Smile
    Showbag
    Showbag

Post by Showbag Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:23 pm

Bagpipe wrote:I have a very sick sinking feeling that Boyd will play centre and they'll throw Bird at 14 as a utility. I fear that Boyd has an undeserved guaranteed place within the side due to the lack of experience.

As a Broncos fan, I absolutely hope my hunch is wrong but it feels like the same kick in the guts from last year hoping that Boyd was going to be dropped. Help me Obi-wan Kenobi

I heard that Boyd has a clause in his contract that, if he plays a minimum of 15 games this season it activates his option to play on in 2021 therefore broncos are unlikely to let that happen....not sure how true that is....
    Donkeyyyyyy
    Donkeyyyyyy

Post by Donkeyyyyyy Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:23 pm

Bagpipe wrote:To further my gut feeling. I found this article on NRL.com

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/07/bird-and-boyd-named-as-broncos-roll-out-big-guns-in-trial/

"Last year's debutants Xavier Coates, Herbie Farnworth and Izaia Perese are in a battle with Corey Oates for two wing positions. Kotoni Staggs is on track to claim the right centre position with Boyd leading the way in the battle for left centre."

OH. MY. GOD
    Surely they can just hide Boyd on the wing and one of young fellas could be used as a sub?
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:24 pm

Donkeyyyyyy wrote:

Luai and Mann, may do well for their team and need to be replaced after about 5 or 6 weeks. No guarantee Brimson won't be mediocre at the Titans. If Williams does take off with scoring regular 50+, he will be the gun everyone desperately does surgery on their team to try and bring in and it may not be easy. He will be a dominate half with a good kicking game in a very strong team. Makes sense that he will score well.

If Mann/Luai/Brimson exceed expectations, they are still well-affordable and I will have Luai already
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:27 pm

[quote="mattnz"]

How are we on the same side of every discussion this season? Smile[/quote

In reference to the Carty Party disbelief

I might throw in definition of ‘tongue in cheek’ with the vaccines......while NRLF is a serious business it’s alright to have a little fun every now and then 😀 or maybe I wasn’t joking and you’ll miss the party

Last edited by Aardvark on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 am