NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition

Post by my tv broke Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:22 pm

I am very keen on McInnes, probably not a lock for my side at this stage, but close to it.

James, no thanks.

Little wary of forwards in any team with a new coach and trying to guess minutes/roles

I like Brimson but if the Titans are bad he might find it hard to do well. I know that he has a history of scoring well in a bad side already, but you just don't know.

Isaako vs Brimson is an interesting comparison. In isolation I would say Brimson is a far far better fantasy pick.. but if the Broncos can get it together, then Isaako could ride some big scores off the back of that. In saying that, I am not really that keen on Isaako (will have a keen on how he plays in trials though)

I do think the Broncos will take 4 to 6 weeks to understand their new combos. Essentially a whole new spine.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 1 - Offseason Edition

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:27 pm

my tv broke wrote:I am very keen on McInnes, probably not a lock for my side at this stage, but close to it.

James, no thanks.

Little wary of forwards in any team with a new coach and trying to guess minutes/roles

I like Brimson but if the Titans are bad he might find it hard to do well. I know that he has a history of scoring well in a bad side already, but you just don't know.

Isaak vs Brimson is an interesting comparison. In isolation I would say Brimson is a far far better fantasy pick.. but if the Broncos can get it together, then Isaako could ride some big scores off the back of that.

I do think the Broncos will take 4 to 6 weeks to understand their new combos. Essentially a whole new spine.
    Tbh I have locked in Haas as my prop, now I’ll just need another prop and Carrigan is really catching my eye tbh I’d be happy to have him in my side if it’s likely he gets 50mins and that lock role, then to find one more prop will be my challenge, no idea at this stage, Knight is on my maybe list pending what Arrow does.

Also do you reckon McInnes plays 80mins in round 1?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:35 pm

I think the intention would be for him to play 80, but he might rest at the end depending on the way the game plays out.

Sims is the only other player who regularly plays 80. Frizzell hadn't been, merrin wont (if he starts at 13?).. so they have a lot of rotations to use on their other forwards
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:46 pm

my tv broke wrote:I think the intention would be for him to play 80, but he might rest at the end depending on the way the game plays out.

Sims is the only other player who regularly plays 80. Frizzell hadn't been, merrin wont (if he starts at 13?).. so they have a lot of rotations to use on their other forwards

From memory Dufty was on the bench for both the 1st two games last year. Dufty came on and Hunt moved to 9 and Mcinnes went to lock. Both those games Mcinnes didnt play 80.
    If Luke is on the bench it will be interesting to see if Mcinnes plays 80. I wont be starting with him but keeping a close eye on him.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Ben Marlin wrote:
    1. Doueihi
    2. Nofoaluma
    3. Talau
    4. Momirovski
    5. Thompson
    6. Benji
    7. Brooks

Can put Joey Leilua in place of Talau. Seems like it's a done deal.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:21 pm

WT2K wrote:

Yep!
    What a backline - I think tigers will make the top 8 for sure this year
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:02 pm

WT2K wrote:

Leilua will be on Nofo's side? Who was inside him last season, Marsters? Marsters only had 3 try assists all last season and Nofo still averaged 49.4 for the season. Amazing for a winger getting little quality ball.

If Leilua can strike up a combination with him, like he did with Rapana, watch out!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Guess Mbye gets hooker as well with dual.

Any Tigers fans have thoughts on Brooks? Finished the season about as strong as D Fifita. Last 6 round scores between 56 and 95!

With Marsters gone, who gets the kicking for Tigers?

Last edited by mattnz on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:23 pm

mattnz wrote:

Leilua will be on Nofo's side? Who was inside him last season, Marsters? Marsters only had 3 try assists all last season and Nofo still averaged 49.4 for the season. Amazing for a winger getting little quality ball.

If Leilua can strike up a combination with him, like he did with Rapana, watch out!

A lot of Nofo's fantasy output comes from dummy half runs early in the set, so doesn't matter who the centre is. That was especially so a few years ago when Jason Taylor was coach, although I think he was slowed that part of his game down (proportionally speaking)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:27 pm

mattnz wrote:Guess Mbye gets hooker as well with dual

I suspect he won't start as hooker, and he'll only get it added as DPP if team selections warrant it (and assuming he isn't WFB/CTR already) I doubt anyone actually wants to pick him at hooker in their fantasy team so doesn't matter that much.

Mbye's historical hooker scores nothing to write home about either
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:34 pm

I don't mind certain players subjectively getting a price bump on perceived value, but I wish they'd do the opposite too.
    No need for George Williams to be as expensive as he is
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:40 pm

mattnz wrote:

Yeah Leilua will be on the inside of Nofoaluma on the right edge (with Benji and Luciano)
    Marsters was right centre for the majority if not all of 2018 and started on the right in 2019 before moving to the left edge early in the season.

I really like Nofoaluma as a fantasy option and think he will be a gun (especially since he will most likely play the extra game in round 16)
    Unfortunately he isn’t underpriced so I’ll start with Papenhuyzen instead, but Nofa is definitely one to watch and a very nice POD.
    Ben Marlin
    Ben Marlin

Post by Ben Marlin Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:46 pm

mattnz wrote:Guess Mbye gets hooker as well with dual.

Any Tigers fans have thoughts on Brooks? Finished the season about as strong as D Fifita. Last 6 round scores between 56 and 95!

I love Brooks! Probably my favourite player
    He’s a great option and like you said - finished the season on fire.
    As much as it hurts me to say it, I think Cleary is better for fantasy (especially without Maloney)
    I also think Brooks deserves a chance in Origin so might not play round 16.  

Momirovski will be kicking for the Tigers in 2020

Last edited by Ben Marlin on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Milchy wrote:
    I don't mind certain players subjectively getting a price bump on perceived value, but I wish they'd do the opposite too.
    No need for George Williams to be as expensive as he is

How do you think he will score?

I don't know much about him but I was thinking he might be a little underwhelming (as in fantasy points). Had sort of hoped hed be cheap enough for alot to jump on and then be disappointed.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:47 pm

mattnz wrote:Guess Mbye gets hooker as well with dual.

Assuming Momirovski will still be kicker. Only other option would be mbye.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:What do we make of Ryan James?

Seems he is priced at around a 39.9 average which is a bummer.

If he plays second row I’m not sure he can average 50 points a game there.

If he is playing on the edge, then probably a no from me! Historically scores far worse in the 2RF to his prop/lock roles where he has been elite in the past.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:11 pm

What do we reckon the breakdown of minutes will be in the Dragons pack?

8. Graham
    9. McInnes
    10. Vaughan
    11. Frizell
    12. T. Sims
    13. Merrin

14. Luke
    15. Lawrie
    16. K.Sims
    17. Ford/Host
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Seen it mooted that they've just taken out reduced minute games (eg SJ's injury-hit 7) when calculating prices. Haven't attempted to work out if that's true with 14500 magic number, but means Papenhuyzen might not be as cheap as we're expecting if his small-minute games don't count...
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:18 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Seen it mooted that they've just taken out reduced minute games (eg SJ's injury-hit 7) when calculating prices. Haven't attempted to work out if that's true with 14500 magic number, but means Papenhuyzen might not be as cheap as we're expecting if his small-minute games don't count...

I know not everyone likes the cookie cutter teams but I don't like how they have decided to just seemingly pick and choose where they can apply discounts to some and not apply the same logic throughout the entire player list
    KingTeddy
    KingTeddy

Post by KingTeddy Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi guys, just wanted to get some feedback on my draft team (havent even calculated prices or anything just put in who I thought would be good for value etc). Also curious about having the four hookers on the bench, I can see both positives and negatives in it.

Cook

Haas (C) Knight

D.Fifita
    Garner (Assuming 80 mins)
    Lowe

Cleary
    Flano

Burns
    Lomax

Lil Papi
    Best
    Brimson