NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night - Page 4 Empty Re: Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

The only reason things didn't get slightly awkward was because JT was head and shoulders above every one else in the game this year. The fact is that 2nd, 3rd and 4th in this year's Dally M's were Woods, Marshall and Ennis. Ennis I can accept because he did play very well this year and was a huge factor in the sharks run to the playoffs. All it will take is for a few big names to no be as dominant (which they were this year bar JT) and the Dally M race could start looking very interesting.

I'm comfortable with this year's results.

Might not have agreed with Woods early season votes but the Tigers won a few games and nobody else was really influential from memory.
    Those south of the border were claiming he was some sort of Lazarus or Petero at the start of the season.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night - Page 4 Empty Re: Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:40 pm

quicksand wrote:

14 coaches voting on each game should balance that out !!

Most of the time yes.

But what happens at the end of the season when your potential vote/no-vote decides whether your player jags a Dally M.
    Can't balance things out then.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Most of the time yes.

But what happens at the end of the season when your potential vote/no-vote decides whether your player jags a Dally M.
    I fail to see how it would be any more biased then the current system with knobs like Slothfield voting. If it gets to the end of the season and its close enough that one vote can swing it I would argue the player deserves it anyway.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Most of the time yes.

don't they hide the votes for the final 6 weeks or so ?
    no one will know who is close enough to win
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:56 pm

The more I think about it the more I like Quiksands idea. It would give it so much more credibility.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Krump wrote:The more I think about it the more I like Quiksands idea. It would give it so much more credibility.

I don't mind it as well. I think what OSM is saying though is that even if the voting is silent coaches could still vote against they don't like. In saying that, no doubt happens now.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Krump wrote:
    It's the best idea I've seen yet. I'd definitely watch DallyM night to see how they voted.

I'd pay more attention to the Telegaff on a Monday too to see how individual coaches voted
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Your Name wrote:

I'd pay more attention to the Telegaff on a Monday too to see how individual coaches voted

Definitely. I could see myself keeping a vote of y own just to compare it. As it stands now I couldn't really give a stuff about it.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:03 pm

SI wrote:

I don't mind it as well.  I think what OSM is saying though is that even if the voting is silent coaches could still vote against they don't like.  In saying that, no doubt happens now.

Exactly.

My suggestion isn't to keep it as is - it is to let the ref's decide.
    It's the only impartial way to do it.

The only reason this isn't being touted as a solution by all and sundry is because of the scrutiny the ref's are generally under and the lack of confidence people have in them as a result.

Dip

Post by Dip Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:30 pm

The system is fine, you just need to remember that it goes to the person with the most good games, not the most consistent player. It's the same in the AB medal when even in bad years Gilly would be up there as 4 single figure scores would be offset by a couple of good innings at a 125 strike rate. It's also why Sandow was top 5 and playing in reserve grade after about round 17 or 18.

If you want the most consistently good, look at the RLW award or the RLPA award.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:16 pm