NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night - Page 2 Empty Re: Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night

Post by RandomSil Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:01 pm

Pain wrote:Why don't they have the awards in Townsville?

Because why the hell would anyone come to Townsville...

I mean beaches are okay, but beyond that.. Eh...
    Krump
    Krump

Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night - Page 2 Empty Re: Whole Cowboys team to ditch the Dally M awards night

Post by Krump Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Was just about to say how much cooler Honeysett was since he's not a mod.... No worries is gonna be pissed Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Krump wrote:Was just about to say how much cooler Honeysett was since he's not a mod.... No worries is gonna be pissed Very Happy

Haha im sure No Worries will have his day!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:06 pm

So the Cowboys won a fair bit tonight. Shame none of them could have been there to accept the awards. Shame for the players. Admittingly it was only three players.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:19 pm

Krump wrote:Was just about to say how much cooler Honeysett was since he's not a mod.... No worries is gonna be pissed Very Happy

Haha I posted twice and I've always been cool.. bite me!

I'm not watching the Dally M's how's it all going?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Player of the Year: Johnathan Thurston
    Fullback: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
    Winger: Semi Radradra
    Centre: James Roberts
    Five-eighth: Blake Austin
    Halfback: Johnathan Thurston
    Prop: Aaron Woods
    Hooker: Michael Ennis
    Second-rower: Josh Jackson
    Lock: Jason Taumalolo
    Coach: Wayne Bennett
    Rookie of the year: Jack Bird
    Representative player of the year: Corey Parker
    Under-20s player of the year: Ashley Taylor
    Womens’ player of the year: Jenni Sue Hoepper
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:37 am

The fact Benji could scrape in for =2nd shows theres something wrong with the process.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:28 am

Most of the picks seem okay to me.

Most surprised picks for mine would be..

Ennis beating out Smith/Granville
    Bird beating out Munster
    Woods beating out Bromwich to a lesser degree.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:51 am

I didn't mind any of those Random, Taumalolo beating Parker was a bit of a surprise.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:00 am

RandomSil wrote:Most of the picks seem okay to me.

Most surprised picks for mine would be..

Ennis beating out Smith/Granville
    Bird beating out Munster
    Woods beating out Bromwich to a lesser degree.

Tauks not getting a look in for Rookie of the year surprised me. To step up straight away and make a name in that forward pack is no mean feat.

Bromwich didn't quite do what he did last year but probably still had him over Woods.

Granville probably unlucky. Ennis was great but Granville turned a few games for the Cows.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:06 am

Just goes to show the only reason JT has won the last 2 Daly M's is because he is playing at a time when the player talent is so thin. 2 of the 4 are basically give me's.

Hands up who thinks Aaron Woods was the 2nd best player in the comp
    Hands up who thinks Benji Marshall was the 3rd best player ?

It is either a fantastic testament to the junior development which occurs at the Tigers or it shows a glaring issue with the system which in turn puts into question JT's win. You can't argue the system is broken but they got the winner right. That makes no sense.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:11 am

Your Name wrote:Just goes to show the only reason JT has won the last 2 Daly M's is because he is playing at a time when the player talent is so thin. 2 of the 4 are basically give me's.

Hands up who thinks Aaron Woods was the 2nd best player in the comp
    Hands up who thinks Benji Marshall was the 3rd best player ?

It is either a fantastic testament to the junior development which occurs at the Tigers or it shows a glaring issue with the system which in turn puts into question JT's win. You can't argue the system is broken but they got the winner right. That makes no sense.

Woods top 10 maybe; Benji over the entire season not Top 10.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:27 am

If the system is broken how do you fix it? The Brownlow seems to work but imagine the anti ref uproar if the winner wasn't who everyone expected?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:36 am

Krump wrote:If the system is broken how do you fix it? The Brownlow seems to work but imagine the anti ref uproar if the winner wasn't who everyone expected?

Yeah the uproar driven by media. The same media muppets who pick it now.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:39 am

Like Krumpy said, the Brownlow does work very well. Partly due to the length of it's tradition, but the right result always seems to turn up. I am not sure if I trust NRL refs to pick the best 3 on ground each game though.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:42 am

Your Name wrote:
    Krump wrote:If the system is broken how do you fix it? The Brownlow seems to work but imagine the anti ref uproar if the winner wasn't who everyone expected?

I don't get who originally decided that it would be a good idea to get a select section of the media to decide who are the best players in the game. Mind you, are there any other alternatives then our refs Bang picking it? Would a people's vote work for the Dally M's? I would be sceptical. Makes the idea of the Refs copying the Brownlow system almost tangible.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:47 am

Your Name wrote:

You won't get an argument from me I'd love to see journos licensed by the NRL. Didn't answer the question though, how would you do it. I get nervous watching our refs decide try or no try let alone giving out Dally M votes.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:49 am

Talking about Brownlow's I cleaned up with the Trifecta.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:24 am

Krump wrote:
    Your Name wrote:

You won't get an argument from me I'd love to see journos licensed by the NRL. Didn't answer the question though, how would you do it. I get nervous watching our refs decide try or no try let alone giving out Dally M votes.

Don't see a better option than the Bronlow model. Agree that they can't work out if a try is a try, but I think that's more to do with shit rules. Youforce a guy to make a decision even though he's not in the best position, the video ref knows it isn't a try but has to prove beyond doubt so he watches it 1000 times everyone knows it isn't a try but he has to show try.

Surely the same 6 blokes at the end of the game without the scrutiny could come up with a pretty fair decision.

At the moment it's

3 points - winning team spine player
    2 points - losing team spine or forward
    1 point winning team random

unless it's a blow out then the losing team may not get a look in.
    The old continuous call team joke of picking a winger for the Claudio seafood voucher. Not sure if it was Blocker or the fat man
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:32 am

It was the fat man. He was also a big fan of giving 3 to a prop.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:14 pm