NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 81

Krump
    Krump

NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 81 - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 Part 81

Post by Krump Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:29 am

my tv broke wrote:

Stats seem reasonably good this year to me. Not really the outrageous clangers we used to see. Maybe I just don't take notice or care that much though. Except for when I did not own Ponga Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  Rolling Laugh Evil or Very Mad
    I've just given up worrying about it. I do agree that they seem better though.
    churg
    churg

Post by churg Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:54 am

Krump wrote:Personally I like the bants when it goes both ways, seems some of you don't though. If you don't like the return then don't serve it up.
    100% Agree.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:28 am

Camo123 wrote:I don't think anyone brought this up at the time, but there's some transparency about try saves regarding Cook's tackle on Oates on Chris Kennedy's twitter

https://twitter.com/CKennedy80/status/1165819455869345793

I kinda figured it wouldn't have been given as a TS, but interesting to see their reasoning. Although, it'd be nice if there was consistency as there's been times through the season with dodgy TS/no TS calls

i think it would be best if they took subjectivity out of the equation and just called TS's when a player is held up in-goal.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:35 am

surmo13 wrote:

i think it would be best if they took subjectivity out of the equation and just called TS's when a player is held up in-goal.
    From a fantasy perspective it'd be the easiest way to deal with it but clubs and coaches use these stats too. I dunno if this particular one would be much use to them but it's a subjective game.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:57 am

Much as I enjoyed the Dunlop Volley banter. Do you think we can let the whole 'Rabbits is a bad man' go for the time being? He loves the engagement but he is much more entertaining making outlandish and occasionally insightful football related outbursts (and I don't want to see the photo's again.....must be Jealous or something)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:09 am

Aardvark wrote:Much as I enjoyed the Dunlop Volley banter. Do you think we can let the whole 'Rabbits is a bad man' go for the time being? He loves the engagement but he is much more entertaining making outlandish and occasionally insightful football related outbursts (and I don't want to see the photo's again.....must be Jealous or something)

Yep agreed. I think we've all had enough of this shit.

@Rabbit, you've made it very clear how awesome your real life and fantasy prowess are, any more posts about it and/or any more personal attacks on other people and you're getting a rest.

ANYONE WHO GOADS HIM GETS A REST TOO!

#moderator
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:10 am

Krump wrote:There's an absolute truckload of hypocrisy here re Rabs. He wasn't even online the other day let alone having a go at anyone and he copped a lap pool worth of shit for multiple pages yet when he fires a few back he's the prick?
    Personally I like the bants when it goes both ways, seems some of you don't though. If you don't like the return then don't serve it up.

Agree regarding the hypocrisy comment mate! and for the record, my comment, which he replied to was generic, and truthfully, not actually targeted at him specifically.

That said, it's getting boring, its certainly monotonous, and now that I don't come on here as much, its a pain in the butt to have to trawl though it all when all I actually want to catch up on is NRL fantasy news. I can handle the one off disagreements that blow up, but this so-called banter is literally the same shit on repeat week after week after fucking week.

The forum has some great content and some top people, but I'll stand by my initial comment, if something isnt done about the constant filling up of the threads with meaningless big dick competitions and superficial left vs right shit, more and more people will just bugger off.

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:11 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Agree regarding the hypocrisy comment mate! and for the record, my comment, which he replied to was generic, and truthfully, not actually targeted at him specifically.

That said, it's getting boring, its certainly monotonous, and now that I don't come on here as much, its a pain in the butt to have to trawl though it all when all I actually want to catch up on is NRL fantasy news. I can handle the one off disagreements that blow up, but this so-called banter is literally the same shit on repeat week after week after fucking week.

The forum has some great content and some top people, but I'll stand by my initial comment, if something isnt done about the constant filling up of the threads with meaningless big dick competitions and superficial left vs right shit, more and more people will just bugger off.

Got in before you lad!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 am

Mulvy wrote:

Yep agreed. I think we've all had enough of this shit.

@Rabbit, you've made it very clear how awesome your real life and fantasy prowess are, any more posts about it and/or any more personal attacks on other people and you're getting a rest.

ANYONE WHO GOADS HIM GETS A REST TOO!

#moderator

This would be great if true, but I've seen similar sentiments from mods before and typically what happens is people get a rest for their next infringement and then everything reverts back to the status quo until which time people have had enough again and then the cycle repeats. Its pretty clear people don't give a shit about being banned for a bit so long as they know they'll be back.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 am

Mulvy wrote:

Got in before you lad!

Haha, you did although see above Smile Not a crack at you mate, by the way, just the process in general!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:25 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

This would be great if true, but I've seen similar sentiments from mods before and typically what happens is people get a rest for their next infringement and then everything reverts back to the status quo until which time people have had enough again and then the cycle repeats. Its pretty clear people don't give a shit about being banned for a bit so long as they know they'll be back.

A temporary ban is can be enough to get someone to pull their head in though which is all we really want. We don't want to kill the banter. Repeated infringements will get longer bans though and ultimately permanent bans can be considered.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:32 am

Mulvy wrote:

A temporary ban is can be enough to get someone to pull their head in though which is all we really want. We don't want to kill the banter. Repeated infringements will get longer bans though and ultimately permanent bans can be considered.

On ya mate!
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:46 am

I feel like I have missed something.... #expectsomeplayersbeingrestedthisweek #hearditherefirst #makelovenotwar #bigpappi

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:19 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:I feel like I have missed something.... #expectsomeplayersbeingrestedthisweek #hearditherefirst #makelovenotwar #bigpappi

Yep... That's the sign. I'm bringing in Josh Papalii
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:22 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

A couple of months ago I suggested a thread where "real news" could be copied from this thread and posted there so members could find easily and before it was too late to avoid problems.

As usual I was shot down by others here so I didn't pursue it any further !!
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:27 pm

quicksand wrote:

A couple of months ago I suggested a thread where "real news" could be copied from this thread and posted there so members could find easily and before it was too late to avoid problems.

As usual I was shot down by others here so I didn't pursue it any further !!
    Sounds like a great idea. Even without the arguments and Host or Lawrie debates this thread is a juggernaut that's hard to keep up with.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:57 pm

The problem with moving certain topics around is that the fantasy thread becomes a victim of its own success, and everyone ends up posting in here anyway.

Creating a separate thread for news is easy, but getting people to use it (and not clog it up with general chit chat) is the harder part.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:05 pm

Milchy wrote:
    The problem with moving certain topics around is that the fantasy thread becomes a victim of its own success, and everyone ends up posting in here anyway.

Creating a separate thread for news is easy, but getting people to use it (and not clog it up with general chit chat) is the harder part.

I was about to post similar, but there's no harm in trying it right?!!

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1094-nrl-fantasy-news-thread-part-1#340934
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:05 pm

I still think the biggest issue the forum has is that my double mod championship still isn't reflective under my badge title @random and @si I know you buys got pantsed but crown the king please.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I was about to post similar, but there's no harm in trying it right?!!

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1094-nrl-fantasy-news-thread-part-1#340934

I reckon it would work best as a single locked post where the mods just update it week to week with any relevant news and their source / a new thread for each round.

I was going to build something into my site, maybe in the off season for 2020... ultimately I guess it would just be a 'late mail' style thing, but aim to cover everything that is fantasy relevant.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:26 pm