NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 17169
    Reputation : 4448
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:13 pm

    L1 draft is when lads?

    and we sticking with sportsdeck?
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 7603
    Reputation : 3839
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:46 pm

    @RandomSil wrote:When is drafting happening for L2?

    I Just assumed same day.

    If @Welshy was playing both leagues, I say @Quicksand gets promoted to L1 because he got beat by a ring in team. I got beat by Verbal.

    Ryno needs a deadline.

    Then we fill the gaps in L2 with the backlog, first in first served


    Last edited by No Worries on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 17169
    Reputation : 4448
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:49 pm

    @No Worries wrote:

    I Just assumed same day.

    If @Welshy was playing both leagues, I say @Quicksand gets promoted to L1 because he got beat by a ring in team. I got beat by Verbal.

    Ryno needs a deadline.

    Then we fill the gaps in L2 with the backlog, first in first served

    I don't mind what I do mate, just give me the dates
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 7603
    Reputation : 3839
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by No Worries on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 pm

    @B/L wrote:I think we give everyone until the 24/02 which is 2 and a half weeks before season starts

    Current Leagues

    League 1

    B/L
    Verbal
    SI
    Welshy
    Russ
    Jelejasof
    Quicksliver - see below
    Waiting on Ryno..

    League 2

    SauceReed
    No Worries
    Clack Blocks
    User Name
    Archer
    Random



    If @Welshy was playing both leagues, I say @Quicksand gets promoted to L1 because he got beat by Welshy's 2nd team. I got beat by Verbal who went on to win. Happy to conceed that makes him No. 3.

    If Ryno doesn't meet the deadline I get promoted

    Then we fill the gaps in L2 with the backlog, first in first served

    Falcon Sloth
    13CokeHeads
    Sajjos
    DT Tragic
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 1473
    Reputation : 483
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by B/L on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 pm

    Quicksilver lol!
    quicksand
    quicksand

    Posts : 570
    Reputation : 155
    Join date : 2015-09-26
    Location : Philippines

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by quicksand on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:29 pm

    @B/L wrote:Quicksilver lol!

    Finger
    Archer
    Archer

    Posts : 5517
    Reputation : 1594
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Location : I think this displays

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Archer on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:29 am

    @Welshy wrote:L1 draft is when lads?

    and we sticking with sportsdeck?
    Can we talk about the last bit. Not a big fan of sportsdeck from years gone by so I'd happily shift.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 17169
    Reputation : 4448
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:58 am

    @Archer wrote:
    Can we talk about the last bit. Not a big fan of sportsdeck from years gone by so I'd happily shift.

    Really did not like the set up but it did the job at late notice last season, think I’m still gutted that ultimate footy went under, was so simple and smooth running
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

    Posts : 3870
    Reputation : 1934
    Join date : 2017-03-28
    Age : 69
    Location : Climbing out of a very dark place

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Verbal Kint on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:01 pm

    What are the options? Does fantasy do a draft format? Probably shit I guess
    Sauce Reed
    Sauce Reed

    Posts : 354
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2016-02-08
    Location : QLD

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Sauce Reed on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:30 pm

    stick with it. Was fine last year.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil
    Moderator

    Posts : 7032
    Reputation : 1473
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 27

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by RandomSil on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 pm

    So the 24th is Draft day, or league set up day?

    If it is the 24th I will need someone to sign-up my acc/draft for me.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 17169
    Reputation : 4448
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:39 pm

    @Sauce Reed wrote:stick with it. Was fine last year.
    If we got the time (until 24th) can we at least look at options. We were pondering an NFL league move last year, moved to sleeper and was a massive upgrade.

    Not keen on fantasy draft because failhub suck but worth a look at any others surely
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 1473
    Reputation : 483
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by B/L on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:46 pm

    I already do fantasy so want something different supercoach is fucking horrible. There is also nrl ceo but it's not that great.

    Stick with the way it is.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 17169
    Reputation : 4448
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:58 pm

    @B/L wrote:I already do fantasy so want something different supercoach is fucking horrible. There is also nrl ceo but it's not that great.

    Stick with the way it is.

    I Don’t want fantasy either bud. Are there any other 3rd parties?
    B/L
    B/L

    Posts : 1473
    Reputation : 483
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by B/L on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:49 pm

    where the fuck are you ryno ? didnt drown in the bath last year i hope ?
    Sauce Reed
    Sauce Reed

    Posts : 354
    Reputation : 53
    Join date : 2016-02-08
    Location : QLD

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Sauce Reed on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:21 pm

    let's get it rolling.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 17169
    Reputation : 4448
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 32
    Location : Wales

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Welshy on Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:03 pm

    Yea let’s get this bitch set up is it lads, time’s a moving and draft takes fucking ages
    quicksand
    quicksand

    Posts : 570
    Reputation : 155
    Join date : 2015-09-26
    Location : Philippines

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by quicksand on Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:30 am

    Pick a day when everyone can be online for most of the day and set a 10 minute time limit for picks and we can get the whole draft finished in a day !!
    Russ
    Russ

    Posts : 80
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2016-02-13
    Location : Townsville

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by Russ on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:11 am

    @quicksand wrote:Pick a day when everyone can be online for most of the day and set a 10 minute time limit for picks and we can get the whole draft finished in a day !!

    Just rolling this all into 1 post...

    I reckon stick with slow draft.  We can’t get everyone to agree on a single free hour to do a standard 1 min per pick, let alone giving up a whole day.  Plus we’d lose the yearly tradition of B/L being hassled about slow picks...

    Both 2018 and 2019 drafts STARTED on 17 Feb, but the leagues were set up 1 to 2 weeks before then - seems to take that long to set up, send out codes, fill them, and occasionally find alts when 1 or 2 no show

    Based on NW / BL earlier list with first in for the “newcomers”, Leagues appear to be as follows. Any issues???


    League 1

    B/L
    Verbal
    SI
    Welshy
    Russ
    Jelejasof
    Quicksand
    Ryno (alt No Worries)


    League 2

    No Worries (alt Sajjos if NW promoted)
    SauceReed
    Clack Blocks
    User Name
    Archer
    Random
    Falcon Sloth
    13CokeHeads


    League 3

    Sajjos
    DT Tragic
    + 6 latecomers and/or volunteers from L1/L2


    And I assume we are sticking with VSDT?  They seem to be the least shit of 3 shit options.  RIP Ultimate League...
    standard-issue
    standard-issue
    Moderator

    Posts : 15589
    Reputation : 4784
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

    Post by standard-issue on Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:19 pm

    @Russ wrote:
    @quicksand wrote:Pick a day when everyone can be online for most of the day and set a 10 minute time limit for picks and we can get the whole draft finished in a day !!

    Just rolling this all into 1 post...

    I reckon stick with slow draft.  We can’t get everyone to agree on a single free hour to do a standard 1 min per pick, let alone giving up a whole day.  Plus we’d lose the yearly tradition of B/L being hassled about slow picks...

    Both 2018 and 2019 drafts STARTED on 17 Feb, but the leagues were set up 1 to 2 weeks before then - seems to take that long to set up, send out codes, fill them, and occasionally find alts when 1 or 2 no show

    Based on NW / BL earlier list with first in for the “newcomers”, Leagues appear to be as follows. Any issues???


    League 1

    B/L
    Verbal
    SI
    Welshy
    Russ
    Jelejasof
    Quicksand
    Ryno (alt No Worries)


    League 2

    No Worries (alt Sajjos if NW promoted)
    SauceReed
    Clack Blocks
    User Name
    Archer
    Random
    Falcon Sloth
    13CokeHeads


    League 3

    Sajjos
    DT Tragic
    + 6 latecomers and/or volunteers from L1/L2


    And I assume we are sticking with VSDT?  They seem to be the least shit of 3 shit options.  RIP Ultimate League...

    Agree 100% with slow draft like previous years. Yep, looks like VSDT.

      Current date/time is Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:08 pm