NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:11 am

Hey guys matchup comes down to:

POD are (concussed the former):

Cleary, RTS, Matterson +119 points vs Pearce, Ponga, Marsters, and Fitzgibbon.

I have the option of negating the RTS v Ponga POD by playing Ponga instead of RTS - what do you guys think?

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Milchcow Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:57 am

Tough call, don't really know how Ponga will go at five-eighth (assuming that's where he is final teams)
    But if you are confident in the other matchups, then best to cancel out options.

I am a bit concerend about Matterson too (I've demoted him to NPR this week)

The 119 points does give concussed the egde though.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:04 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:If you are trying to make up ground mate you need a couple of PODs. I feel like its a bit crazy but in the top 10 at least DCE is a big POD and the way he played last week, I reckon he is a better bet that A-Rey. Perhaps the bigger POD though would be to sub out SJ? Everyone is playing him at the moment and he has pumped out average scores now for multiple weeks.

You could look at a POD in your 2RFs too - Tapine perhaps? might be on the train late but I dont think many have trades left at the mo so not sure many will be bringing him in after last week.

I'd also look at a C upgrade - Mitchel and Marsters are the two guys I'd probably have right now if I could start again. Matterson looks like a dud when playing in the halves so you could use his cash....

Thanks. Kept A-Rey in the end, which was a mistake but not a huge one considering DCE didn't go large. Upgraded to Mitchell in the centres. Hoping it is a wide open game against the Raiders on Sunday with plenty of points on offer for the outside backs.

Just noticed we have a H2H matchup in Bullbenders league. You're benching SJ and Ponga?
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:07 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Tough call, don't really know how Ponga will go at five-eighth (assuming that's where he is final teams)
    But if you are confident in the other matchups, then best to cancel out options.

I agree with Milch. Smart play is to match Ponga (although I think RTS will go better). Basically I'd imagine Cleary and Pearce will cancel each other out, Marsters might get 10-20 more than Matterson (although I'm tipping lots of attacking stats in the Roosters vs Raiders match), so that means Fitzgibbon has to score around 100 points to beat him. That's a position I'd like to be in.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:37 pm

jelejasof wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

I agree with Milch.  Smart play is to match Ponga (although I think RTS will go better).  Basically I'd imagine Cleary and Pearce will cancel each other out, Marsters might get 10-20 more than Matterson (although I'm tipping lots of attacking stats in the Roosters vs Raiders match), so that means Fitzgibbon has to score around 100 points to beat him.  That's a position I'd like to be in.

Also agree. RTS going well but smart play is to cancel out a player with the 119 point advantage.

Is Concussed overseas or something Rippin?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 pm

SI wrote:

Also agree.  RTS going well but smart play is to cancel out a player with the 119 point advantage.

He's becoming a dad. His wife was geting induced on Friday.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Cheers for the advice lads. Went the safe option and covered Ponga.

Looks like Concussed easily though to the semis next week. Think he still has ~100 point lead and the other guy only has a half of Marsters to go and Concussed still has Matterson!

@jelejasof yeah my gut was telling me Ponga was unlikely to go well at half so benched him. Might still play SJ. I haven't even looked at our match up though.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:13 pm

No Worries wrote:
    SI wrote:

Also agree.  RTS going well but smart play is to cancel out a player with the 119 point advantage.

He's becoming a dad. His wife was geting induced on Friday.

I fail to see how this took priority over a potential Final 4 berth in the Eliminator.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:08 pm

For Concussed sake I hope it's not 4 births.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:39 pm

code delta wrote:For Concussed sake I hope it's not 4 births.

Lol
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Trading in Latrell to play over Matterson cost me 1000 this week.

Sittnig on 991 pre-updates
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:12 pm

1,114 for me this week. Probably my record in this comp.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:43 am

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 7 Screen14

Concussed AKA Raidya still kicking!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:47 am

PODs look like being (Raidya v Kinghtmares)

Brown v Crichton
    Mitchel v Hopoate
    Matterson v Aitken
    Fifita v James
    Hess v Gallen

Again, I reckon to start with concussed is ahead.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:01 am

Not sure if concussed has trades left or not

But if you could get Hess swapped to Gallen that would be a big help. I think that is the matchup with the biggest gap between scoring floors.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Not sure if concussed has trades left or not

But if you could get Hess swapped to Gallen that would be a big help. I think that is the matchup with the biggest gap between scoring floors.

Hey mate, yeah he does have trades left however, while I agree with you, the most recent trade he made was to Hess. He could alternatively play any number of other guys as 17th man though. Not sure any have as high a floor as Gallen though....

I think he'll be back in action this week though so I'll hand back the reigns and hopefully watch him win a couple more H2Hs.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Whether he has had Hess for 5 minutes or 5 months is irrelevant. If he is genuinely trying to win the eliminator all that matters is whether he is better off with Hess in his team or with someone else.

Hess does have a tempting matchup against Parra this week though, so might still be worth taking the punt on him. He's much more likely to go sub 40 than Gallen is though

Captain choice will be crucial this week too. I think a lot of people will be ditching Cook/Smith
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Whether he has had Hess for 5 minutes or 5 months is irrelevant. If he is genuinely trying to win the eliminator all that matters is whether he is better off with Hess in his team or with someone else.

Hess does have a tempting matchup against Parra this week though, so might still be worth taking the punt on him. He's much more likely to go sub 40 than Gallen is though

Captain choice will be crucial this week too. I think a lot of people will be ditching Cook/Smith

Sure, my point was, given he's just traded in Hess, he presumably did so believing Hess was the best of the bunch (he could have traded in Gallen for example). There's nothing in the last 2 games which would suggest his view would have changed on that decision so I dont think he will make that change.
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Sure, my point was, given he's just traded in Hess, he presumably did so believing Hess was the best of the bunch (he could have traded in Gallen for example). There's nothing in the last 2 games which would suggest his view would have changed on that decision so I dont think he will make that change.

Hi Team, thank you for all the help and advice sent RnT’s way while he was looking after my team, looks as though it has been working as the team is still kicking!

I guess I will have to try and catchup with any important news before this weekends games to have any chance of getting through to the final. I will just have to do that when the wife isn’t looking and the munchkin isn’t crying I guess haha
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Concussed wrote:

Hi Team, thank you for all the help and advice sent RnT’s way while he was looking after my team, looks as though it has been working as the team is still kicking!

I guess I will have to try and catchup with any important news before this weekends games to have any chance of getting through to the final. I will just have to do that when the wife isn’t looking and the munchkin isn’t crying I guess haha

Congrats- both on the birth and the final four berth.

Quick catch-up - Brown is out and Matterson is on the bench.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 pm