NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Share
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 am

    @Concussed wrote:

    How did everyone do this week??
    RnT & I are up to 12th & 13th now, going to be really hard to get into the top 10 even given how close some of the scores are...

    Might need to hand my team over this weekend though for Eliminator, as the wife and I are being induced on Friday morning, so got a feeling it will be a very busy weekend haha!

    All the best bro! More than happy to help you out if you want. Just PM me some instructions!

    Again, best to you and your wife + the new little one!
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:01 am

    Oh and I posted this in the wrong thread, thought it was kinda interesting.

    As above, concussed is taking on Shakes Crusaders.

    Of interest shakes is currently ranked 4th overall in VSDT and is also ranked 4th overall in NRLF.



    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:18 pm

    for those interested, the functionality of the VSDT site is back up and running so u can see other coaches teams.

    Concussed

    Posts : 88
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2015-12-04

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Concussed on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:51 pm

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:Oh and I posted this in the wrong thread, thought it was kinda interesting.

    As above, concussed is taking on Shakes Crusaders.

    Of interest shakes is currently ranked 4th overall in VSDT and is also ranked 4th overall in NRLF.

    So you're telling me there's a chance?? Hahaha

    Way to make a guy feel confident! Who is he and how do I unplug his internet!? Haha

    I am shocked I made it this far, so no shame in going down to someone who quite clearly knows their NRL
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:59 pm

    @Concussed wrote:

    So you're telling me there's a chance?? Hahaha

    Way to make a guy feel confident! Who is he and how do I unplug his internet!? Haha

    I am shocked I made it this far, so no shame in going down to someone who quite clearly knows their NRL

    Haha, at this point in the season I actually like your team more than his but on the day who knows.

    He runs without TTrbo (likely goes with either RTS or Dufty),doesn't have Mitchel,no option but to play SJ, no Brown, and typically has to chose 1 of TPJ, James, Kikau as his 17th man.

    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12423
    Reputation : 2870
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by SI on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:12 pm

    Any surprises with your opposition team Concussed?
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:26 am

    @SI wrote:Any surprises with your opposition team Concussed?

    Concussed has passed his team over to me for the weekend (he's got better things to do Smile )

    I'll post the matchup because its gonna be tight and there are a few big calls to make.

    Concussed v other guy

    Hess v Kikau
    S Burgess v Fifita
    N Brown v Crichton
    Cleary v SJ
    DCE v Reynolds
    Mitchell v Marsters
    Matterson v Aitken
    T-Trbo/Munster v Dufty/RTS

    But Concussed also has Fifita & RTS

    Plan at this stage is to play the averages. GO with all the high scoring forwards which hopefully means come Sunday if he's ahead he can cover by playing Fifita, or if he needs to catch up he could have a POD by playing Munster over Fifita

    What do you guys think?

    Not a great start with Hess last night either....

    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12423
    Reputation : 2870
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by SI on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:35 pm

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    @SI wrote:Any surprises with your opposition team Concussed?

    Concussed has passed his team over to me for the weekend (he's got better things to do Smile )

    I'll post the matchup because its gonna be tight and there are a few big calls to make.

    Concussed v other guy

    Hess v Kikau
    S Burgess v Fifita
    N Brown v Crichton
    Cleary v SJ
    DCE v Reynolds
    Mitchell v Marsters
    Matterson v Aitken
    T-Trbo/Munster v Dufty/RTS

    But Concussed also has Fifita & RTS

    Plan at this stage is to play the averages. GO with all the high scoring forwards which hopefully means come Sunday if he's ahead he can cover by playing Fifita, or if he needs to catch up he could have a POD by playing Munster over Fifita

    What do you guys think?

    Not a great start with Hess last night either....


    No pressure Lol

    Crazy it's that different.
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:07 am

    Not looking good: Hess+ Matterson + Surgess = already a whole player behind. Looks like it’ll take a couple really big scores from PODs ti pull this back.
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 am

    Hey guys, would like some advice for Concussed's team. So far looking pretty good but one last decision to make.

    Currently he is up by 189 points.

    The opponent has Fifita, Cam Smith, and Masters to play.

    Concussed has one to play and can chose between Cam and Fifita. Which one would you guys go?

    My current thinking is that Cam is likely to go bigger than Fifita but that Fifita's upside is bigger than Cams so perhaps he is the better cover? Or am I over thinking it?
    avatar
    jelejasof

    Posts : 487
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by jelejasof on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:58 am

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:Hey guys, would like some advice for Concussed's team. So far looking pretty good but one last decision to make.

    Currently he is up by 189 points.

    The opponent has Fifita, Cam Smith, and Masters to play.

    Concussed has one to play and can chose between Cam and Fifita. Which one would you guys go?

    My current thinking is that Cam is likely to go bigger than Fifita but that Fifita's upside is bigger than Cams so perhaps he is the better cover? Or am I over thinking it?

    You probably are over-thinking! He’s 189 points ahead with only two PODs to come? I’d go with Cam, based on my thinking the Storm should win. Note I have no evidence to correlate a Storm win with a big score for Cam, or a Sharks loss with a small score for Fifita!
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:12 am

    @jelejasof wrote:

    You probably are over-thinking!  He’s 189 points ahead with only two PODs to come? I’d go with Cam, based on my thinking the Storm should win. Note I have no evidence to correlate a Storm win with a big score for Cam, or a Sharks loss with a small score for Fifita!

    Cheers mate. A long way ahead but don’t wanna take it for granted. I guess I’ll do what u suggest, which is also what I’d do if it were my team and go with Cam. Concussed is also in the running for a top 10 so Can is the sensible option in that regard.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12423
    Reputation : 2870
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by SI on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 pm

    Based on that is Concussed through?
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:47 am

    Yeah mate, he dominated in the end. It was a funny round though aye.

    My team for example had 5 scores of 75+ including Tapine's 109. But also had 5 scores of <35.

    Concussed was similar but his opponent didnt get many of those big scores, ended up winning by ~100.

    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 pm

    Draws out - that last week was the only time I've been stressed about fantasy all season (not even my team lol).


    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 2858
    Reputation : 560
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:27 pm

    Crazy thing in the above matchup is that it would be possible, given current teams, for the only difference to be:

    Surgess v Fitzgibbon
    Cleary v Pearce
    Matterson v Marsters

    But in all likelihood there will be more PODs that that with Tolo out (I understand) and Ponga perhaps rested (Both teams have these guys).

    The above matchup doesn't take into account T-Trbo, Hess, & RTS who Concussed has.

    The other guy has got a bench full of no-bodies.

    Tp be honest, I think this one looks like a great match up for Concussed and I think he should comfortably go through to the final 4.


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:56 am